Goodbye Jesus

found my freedom

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi everyone! I love the new forums, they rock. Well my story is pretty simple. Nothing tragic has happened to me concerning christianity. Growing up I used to go to church now and then, and on holidays. I had the questions that everyone has and I became christian at 16-17.

I forget which age but it was around then. As I learned more about christianity, the bible, and began interacting with christians, something just didn't seem right.

Then one day I saw the truth for what it was. If this was the true religion then how come christians often were worse than nonchristians? I also had christian "friends" and half of them tried to force their beliefs on me and the other half just desserted me when I said I didn't want to stay christian.

Besides how could I stay in a religion that demeans women, and no offense to anyone but it seems as if religious christians are so dimwitted. They believe everything the church tells them and don't think for themselves. The religious right believes everything the president says and its like as if they don't even think for themselves. I don't want to debate about politics, but this has been my observation.

What's the big deal of getting their panties in a bunch about the da vinci code? Its just a book. Its just fiction. Instead of hating it, why don't they take the time to explore why they believe what they believe.

Christians don't impress me and I don't believe everything in the bible. After all it was written by men. I do believe in a general God/Goddess. It's been a tough road at times, but I can honestly say that I'm no longer confused. I no longer feel guilty about watching Sex and the City.

I always felt like I was never good enough or smart enough or holy enough for the god of the bible, as if he was always disaproving of me. I had a lot of stress about trying to "please" that god. I am not religious, just spiritual I suppose, and I don't have any rituals and I'm happy this way.

I don't mind interacting with christians as long as they don't force their beliefs on me. I'm in my early twenties and let's just say how ironic it is that I'm happy now without religion, than I was when I had it. I feel like I've been set free from the chains and brainwashing of religion. Life is definately better. I found my happiness the day I left religion. :D

I feel like I've been set free from the chains and brainwashing of religion.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. Welcome!

Welcome Anonymous, greetings from goo' ol' Germany :)

...and no offense to anyone but it seems as if religious christians are so dimwitted. They believe everything the church tells them and don't think for themselves. The religious right believes everything the president says and its like as if they don't even think for themselves. I don't want to debate about politics, but this has been my observation.

You sir have hit the nail on the head and that is EXACTLY why I can't and won't be associated with a CULT like that.

And it is also why I am very proud to be a member of these forums....