Goodbye Jesus

Low-cost Counselor For My Ex-christan New Life

southjerseygirl36

Gosh, does such a thing exist? I am afraid of a counselor yelling at me for saying I have issues

that stem from this.

<<Ginger>> You've already found a great support group right here.

You could ask your doctor or you could try the National Mental Health Association(NMHA).The number is :1- 800-969-6642 (9AM-5PM Mon-Fri) and they have information for mental health services and referrals. Just tell them your financial situation and your religion concerns, they may know of someone near you who can help.

Good luck - SIC's got some great advice there. And until then, you've got us. What more could you ask for? :wicked:

It is definately a good thing for for someone to go through the withdrawal of rejecting their god(s). I did not know sometimes whether or not I would make it, having no 'savior' anymore, but I'm glad I went through with it.

good luck.

Thanks. I just wondered if I can find a counselor who would really understand from the heart. But if I don't, then I won't die either now, right?

And I have this place too.

My keyboard is broken, and using the on-screen is frustrating to type much out. I am doing good mentally but I still would like to talk to someone.

Thanks. I just wondered if I can find a counselor who would really understand from the heart. But if I don't, then I won't die either now, right?

And I have this place too.

My keyboard is broken, and using the on-screen is frustrating to type much out. I am doing good mentally but I still would like to talk to someone.

I went into couseling almost directly after my deconversion. I didn't go because of it, but it did create some issues for me. I was lucky to be insured, but where I live there was a limited number of couselors, and those approved by my insurance dwindled it down farther, to 6. I called each one before going and asked if their religion, or faith played a part in their couseling. Two actaully were pastors and one told me over the phone that none of my problems would be resolved until I got my life right with Jesus. I could have gotten mad, but eh, I knew he was not my counselor. Even if you are going for low cost couseling, you have the right, before you lay your heart open to ask the couselor where they are coming from.

Gosh, does such a thing exist? I am afraid of a counselor yelling at me for saying I have issues

that stem from this.

Be sure, as mentioned before, you get a non-xtian counselor (or at least a liberal/moderate one that doesn't preach his/her faith).

At any rate, they surely won't yell at you! If they do, get up and walk out.

Also, don't be afraid to switch counselors if you feel they don't get it - sometimes you have to shop around.

At any rate, they surely won't yell at you! If they do, get up and walk out.

Also, don't be afraid to switch counselors if you feel they don't get it - sometimes you have to shop around.

Great advice AGF!