Goodbye Jesus

Inconsistency

saxyroze

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned and ranted about…but I’m gonna rant….

What really irritates me is the inconsistency of the Christian ethics. Big or small. The one that annoys me at the moment is movies. Of coarse the Christians think Brokeback Mountain is bad and sinful. A person I know actually said that anyone who buys a ticket to watch that movie should just be handing his or her soul over to the devil. This same person then starts raving about the movie Hostel, saying that it’s the best movie this year so far and everyone should go see it.

Now I haven’t seen either but I’ve gotten the basic gist of both of them. What got me annoyed is wondering how can a Christian think that homosexuality is worse to watch or even think about than gruesome murder and torture?

It’s like homosexuality is worse of a sin than murder. :vtffani:

Homosexuality….murder.

How can a Christian justify that mindset?

If you’re a Christian and are going to boycott and dis a movie because it’s “unethical” and “wrong”…don’t pick and chose! Be fucking consistent! :vent:

That person did that because he's following the current majority opinion. A majority of Christians are rallying against homosexuality, so it's okay in their minds to be against anything regarding homosexuality, while it's not a popular movement against murder (or killing people in a war either), so that is okay in their minds.

It's evidence of relative morality even amonst Christians. There's not absolute moral or ethic in their group either. You should confront this person about his double ethics (if you know him/her well enough. :) )

I don’t understand why Christians don’t like the movie Brokeback Mountain?

For Christ’s sake, the lonely homo dies in the end by violence. You would think they would love it. :shrug:

I don’t understand why Christians don’t like the movie Brokeback Mountain?

For Christ’s sake, the lonely homo dies in the end by violence. You would think they would love it. :shrug:

Well.........I don't need to see it now.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic........I REALLY hate tragedies.

I had a suspicion from watching the previews that it would end badly.