Goodbye Jesus

So This God Person.........

Castiel233

Um, any chance some third party gained control of ES's password/login; or got access because it was left open on ES's computer?

OP, you sound like a train wreck. Always the same ranting against God. Don't you become sick of it by now?

I have taken your view on board and asked the creator of the universe (using my mighty powers of telepathy), what should be the correct response. He asked me to tell you:

Judge not, lest ye be judged

: ) 

• Like 1

Getting back to the original post... Thank you for that rant; it really puts the whole thing in perspective, which I still need from time to time.

Mixed fabric and beard length are not even things that the majority of Christians even worry about any more, but technically it's still there in the book. The reasoning I usually hear is that Jesus wiped all those old rules away, the new covenant and such. That makes sense, but then they turn around and quote Leviticus about a man laying with a man. So which is it -- wiped away, or only keep a couple that you like to use for control and condemnation?

Notice how they wipe away the easier ones, since mixed fabrics and pork products (for examples) are now ubiquitous and safe. Everybody's doing it and it's harder to avoid, so lets just ignore those silly old rules. Since homosexuality is a bit rarer in relation to the population as a whole (and the majority of Christians are not faced with that daily temptation or whatever you want to call it), they can choose to keep that little rule. Screw anyone who is born different, huh?

Yes, I know it is mentioned in the New Testament, so that's their reasoning for keeping it. But we could argue context and semantics there too. Plus, plenty of churches ignore many many references to keeping women silent and out of leadership roles in the church (thanks, Paul, you big evil pig), so technically they could ignore other stuff in the New Testament too, right?

I have noticed that as homosexuality is becoming more acceptable and more visible (thanks to us eeeeevil secular types), some Christians are changing their all-or-nothing stance on it. Once a church leader has to admit to having a gay child, they are faced with a big dilemma. So let's just relax that rule a bit like we did all the others. Yeah, ok... whatever mental gymnastics gets you through your day, I guess. Silly.

I did not mean to derail into a discussion of homosexuality, but just using it as an example. Either the whole Bible is legit or it's not; either you wipe all things away or you don't. Hypocrites and control freaks. It's all just so much nonsense.

Love the ranting. Keep it up!

• Like 1

I don't get how we happen to allow true believers in the Rants section. I guess the rules have changed since I was a regular. 

As long as I've been on the board, believers were never banned from posting in "Rants and Replies."

They are asked not to evangelize in the "Testimonies of Former Christians" forum and I believe there used to be a similar guideline for "Ex-Christian Life." Of course, now "Sex & Christianity" requires a password and "Ex-Christian Spirituality" requires permission, so there are limitations there, and I suspect that permission would not be granted to Christians, but otherwise, to the best of my recollection, Christians have been free to post on the rest of the boards.

I don't get how we happen to allow true believers in the Rants section. I guess the rules have changed since I was a regular. 

As long as I've been on the board, believers were never banned from posting in "Rants and Replies."

They are asked not to evangelize in the "Testimonies of Former Christians" forum and I believe there used to be a similar guideline for "Ex-Christian Life." Of course, now "Sex & Christianity" requires a password and "Ex-Christian Spirituality" requires permission, so there are limitations there, and I suspect that permission would not be granted to Christians, but otherwise, to the best of my recollection, Christians have been free to post on the rest of the boards.

And besides ES is only a Christian for a few days per month.  He doesn't deserve to be lumped in with

full time True Believers.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

And besides ES is only a Christian for a few days per month.  He doesn't deserve to be lumped in with

Very true.  

BUT, ES, that doesn't give you the right to rant against ex-c'ers who are venting here.    Sheesh, after all the kindness and understanding members have extended to you during your episodes, the last thing you should be doing is telling anyone here to "Fuck Off".  So please don't do it again.

Hope you've made that appointment with your doctor, as suggested by numerous people who care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA (and to fix typos):   As a general clarification, christians may post in the Rants Section, but there is an extremely low threshold for preaching in this section. That's why we have The Lion's Den.  Thanks.

A god designed human minds which would view his existence as illogical and ridiculous.

This god then tells a few of them that he exists.

This god then expects all of them to believe the few that he spoke to, when they tell everyone about the illogical and ridiculous notion of a god existing.

When most of them naturally reject the idea, he throws them in an oven to bake forever.

I can only conclude that this god was probably drunk during the creation process and has been experiencing a hangover ever since. And he's also probably made of pasta.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I apologize to CoolCat and any others that I offended. Please forgive me.

You're still cool here, ES, so don't worry!smile.png

Yeah, I'm seeing the explanations now. Thanks. I didn't know he is bipolar. 

I would not demand people worship me, fear me, or gravel before me. I would much rather they make the most of every second of their lives, not make me their focus.

This right here is the bottom line.

Instead, we see stupid shit like this:

c0cb4f23babf15a8b663fcd499895ffc.jpg