Goodbye Jesus

Not A Rant

Bedouin

It's pretty amazing. The only time that I lived an ungodly life, was when I believed in god. The effort spent trying to conform to unrealistic thoughts and behaviors was exhausting. Now, I'm free to just be a decent human being. Amazing. And beautiful.

• Like 4

Guest sylensikeelyoo

YAAAAYYYYY IM SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUU!! I can soooo relate. It is incredibly exhausting trying to live up to "God's standard". I used to have anxiety and depression so bad when I was a christian. You are so right. The feeling of freedom to just live your life and be a decent human being is just so amazing. Also, there is no pressure to proselytize, either. I remember as a Christian, it wasn't enough just to live a holy life and give up half your week and ten percent of your hard earned income, but I had to evangelize too. I had to put myself out there, and force my religion down people's throats to keep God happy with me, and even feeling uncomfortable about it was an indication of sin in my heart. No wonder my head was so fucked. No wonder I was miserable. So glad it is over for us now! *Hugs*

• Like 4

I have "reached my quota for positive votes for the day" or you two would each get one. To just be human is so wonderful.