Goodbye Jesus

Murderous Voices In My Head

Guest sylensikeelyoo

If you really think about it, what does obeying murderous voices in your head prove.....REALLY?

Well you definitely murdered the truth .......

If you really think about it, what does obeying murderous voices in your head prove.....REALLY?

Well you definitely murdered the truth .......

Nope!  That is what Christians do.  We have left that cult and changed our ways.

FYI, his name was Abram, not Abraham at the time that they had departed Canaan due to a famine in the land. And just before they reached Egypt is when Abram asked his brother’s wife, whose name at the time was Sarai, not Sara, to say to the Egyptians that she was his sister instead of telling them that she was his wife when they entered Egypt.

Sarai was the wife of Haran, the son of Terah who was the father of Abram and Nahor. Since Haran died before his father, his wife became the duty to his father as a daughter.

Likewise, when Abram, Haran’s brother, took unto him the wife of his dead brother, it is for the purpose of performing the duty of a husband's brother unto her.

And thus, Abram took unto him the wife of his dead brother who was the daughter of his father, but not the daughter of his mother. So Sarai was not biologically related to either Abram or his parents.

Of course, you probably know that if Abram had let Sarai say to the Princes of Egypt that she was his wife, then they would not have taken her to Pharaoh to possibly become one of his concubines, but rather would have taken her for their own lustful purposes since she would have not been considered worthy being the wife of a man.

What did you think they were going to do with her when as you said “even when they took Sara away from him..”

Sounds like Yahweh was imaginary.  Abram serves the creator of the universe but is afraid that he will be

killed by some mortal man and his wife stolen?  If Abram were killed before he had a son then that would 

destroy the plan God had been working on since before the dawn of time.  God wouldn't be able to be a

descendent of Abram so that God could become his own son so that God could sacrifice himself to

himself as an atonement for the very sin God allowed to exist in the first place.  Maybe the whole thing

is a load of crap.

• Like 3

Child sacrifice was somewhat common back then… just saying', there was a culture of sacrificing first borns. I wonder how that affected the context of those who heard the story and lived that.

just curious… nowadays it's too bizarre for us to comprehend.

Sorry about chiming in so late.

Dude, your Post # 19 is hilarious and a very good point.

I would like to SHARE a story that is a BURDEN ON MY HEART!

About 6 years ago, when I was confidently and seriously reading the bable for what it actually and literally said, I was teaching a sunday school class of 12 - 13 year olds. This stupid story was the lesson (I always hated this story, especially after I had kids myself).

I decided to make the best of it, and try to figure out how True Christians think."they don't". I really repeatedly pressured the kids, Do they really believe that god asked Abe to kill his son. They all emphatically insisted that it was absolutely true, "even my daughter ohmy.png(  Then I very directly asked, If today a person said that god told him or her to have an Abortion, would they believe that. "No way, god WOULD NOT DO THAT!!" Why, he did worse to Abe? 

We have left that cult and changed our ways.

And let me guess, you joined the cult of personality?happydance.gif

So now when someone has a different opinion that yours, you no longer feel the necessity to demean and insult, or dam them to hell but have grown to accept and respect the individual's right form and develop their own opinion without having subscribe to your own personal beliefs in order to qualify as a human being and not some lower form of life-Well, good for you buddy, good for you!

And let me guess, you joined the cult of personality?happydance.gif

So now when someone has a different opinion that yours, you no longer feel the necessity to demean and insult, or dam them to hell but have grown to accept and respect the individual's right form and develop their own opinion without having subscribe to your own personal beliefs in order to qualify as a human being and not some lower form of life-Well, good for you buddy, good for you!

No more cults for me.  And yes I do tolerate most opinions but I make an exception for trying to spread

Christianity.  Innocent people do not need to be turned into Christians.

• Like 1

Guest sylensikeelyoo

And let me guess, you joined the cult of personality?:dance:

That's exactly right. We do respect everyone and their rights to their opinions. We also have the right to challenge the ideas presented to us. It's not our fault Christianity falls apart under the slightest bit of scrutiny.

• Super Moderator

I don't know anything about Abraham; but if a god ever told me to kill Redneck Jr. I'd drive the nails through that god's hands and feet myself.  How about you, TinPony?

Guest sylensikeelyoo

I would never worship a deity that told me to slit my child's throat and burn him as an offering. I'd go to the doctor and get some medicine to make that "god" go away.

• Like 2

Um...I think Sarah really was Abraham's sister, according to Genesis 20:12...

"And yet indeed she is my sister; she the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."

He wasn't lying. He married his half-sister. Not the daughter of his vessel mother either, but the daughter of the one that counts...his father. 

Some of you sinners will do anything to tear down the Biblical view of marriage as one man, one half-sister, won't you?

And you point is? LOL

My point is  that the "Biblical Definition" of marriage isn't what Christians think it is. 

• Like 1