Goodbye Jesus

It's Your Thing

Becks

Do whatcha wanna do. This song is stuck in my head (the opening lines, anyway) and I think I'm finally getting a breakthrough!

A very big thank you for all of your comments, support, and non-judgement!

Big hugs ????

• Like 1

Do whatcha wanna do. This song is stuck in my head (the opening lines, anyway) and I think I'm finally getting a breakthrough!

Big hugs

Most folks qualify a statement such as, "It's your thing, do what you wanna do" with chosen limits, for example, "as long as it doesn't harm someone else" or "provided it improves my life", etc.  Some folks...not so much.

• Like 1

Big hugs

Most folks qualify a statement such as, "It's your thing, do what you wanna do" with chosen limits, for example, "as long as it doesn't harm someone else" or "provided it improves my life", etc. Some folks...not so much.

The songs that I'm usually accused  of favouring by Mrs Ellinas are:

1. "My Way"
  2. The one that goes "I don't care what you say any more, this is my life.  Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone!"  (don't know the title)

I'm quite happy with that selection.

Be yourself, Becks.  It's the only way to be, in my view.

• Like 1

Love that funky song! Funk is one thing I've come to appreciate after deconversion.

1. "My Way"
  2. The one that goes "I don't care what you say any more, this is my life.  Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone!"  (don't know the title)

It's a Billy Joel song, IIRC called My life?

• Like 1

1. "My Way"

It's a Billy Joel song, IIRC called My life?

Yes, it is Billy Joel, "My Life." A little trivia for ya -- this was the first commercially released CD ever (released in Japan in 1982), with the album title "52nd Street". I've seen him in concert twice, and that was well-spent concert money; so much talent in the band and so many songs that we know so well.

There is a modern day "My Way" kind of song, which I have seen bashed by Christians as being atheistic: Bon Jovi's "It's My Life." He even references Frank Sinatra's song in the lyrics: "My heart is like an open highway; like Frankie said I did it my way. I just wanna live while I'm alive; it's my life." The Christians hate it because it says there is no afterlife: "This ain't a song for the broken-hearted, no silent prayer for the faith departed." And the chorus: "It's my life, it's now or never.  I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive; it's my life."

It's also a throw-back to his 80s sound that we know and love. Well, I know and love. Hmmmm... Jon Bon -- so dreamy.

In the mid-80s I bought a pricey black suede jacket with long fringes all around. (Look at 80s photos of Bon Jovi, and you'll see what I mean.) I started wearing it again now, and get so many compliments on it. Young people ask me where I got it. Ummmm... it's kinda "vintage" from my Bon Jovi days. They tell me I should sell it on ebay. Uh, no.