Goodbye Jesus

Atheists? There Aren't Any.

Poonis

Alright, I've been playing NationStates for a couple months now, and someone (one could deduce this person to be a religionist and still wet behind the ears) posted how there can't possibly be any atheists.

I know we've been down this road ad nauseum, but what's one more link to the world of Jesus to occupy our time with?

=D

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=466913

fyi, if anyone else plays NS, I'm http://www.nationstates.net/philos_sophia

The statement "there is no god" is a justifiably defendable one, and it only requires the amount of knowledge each human has in order to do so.

Absolutists would argue otherwise, but they're retards anyways.

Asimov: explain that just a little if you would. I don't get it.

I'm able to tell christians that I don't believe in any gods (especially yours)

But I'm not able to say that I know for sure there are none anywhere in the universe. How the hell could you? The universe is a pretty big place.

I know it starts with the properties of what are commonly claimed to belong to a god (omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotent, etc), and the fact that these are impossible to all co-exist. Am I on the right track here? Or is your "justifiably defendable" premise something else?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If there's no Atheists, then there's no Theists, so I guess they're in the same boat as us!

Just started playing Nationstates. Here is my link:

http://www.nationstates.net/stormfallen

This falls in the same category of "No atheists in foxholes." Easy enough to debunk.

Asimov: explain that just a little if you would. I don't get it.

I'm able to tell christians that I don't believe in any gods (especially yours)

But I'm not able to say that I know for sure there are none anywhere in the universe. How the hell could you? The universe is a pretty big place.

I know it starts with the properties of what are commonly claimed to belong to a god (omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotent, etc), and the fact that these are impossible to all co-exist. Am I on the right track here? Or is your "justifiably defendable" premise something else?

Inquiring minds want to know.

When I state "there are no gods", it is only an absolute statement insofar as no one has been able to

1) Present their God.

2) Define their God.

3) Adequately argue for the existence of their God.

and I have never sense experienced a god. Until someone is able to do 1, 2, or 3, I am justified in my statement.

then there are people who say "well there could be a god that you're just not aware of". Yes, there could be a god that I'm not aware of, but I don't play what-if games because they are pretty useless.

I'd be willing to debate the existence of God with any Theist.