Goodbye Jesus

Evidence First Or Belief First

christar

Christians a quick question.

When you first heard of Christianity, God and Jesus, did you accept it on the evidence first or belief first.

I was six.  If my mother said Jesus was real and my grandmother said it then it must be true.

• Like 1

I was six.  If my mother said Jesus was real and my grandmother said it then it must be true.

Well that's just child indoctrination, I'm asking those who chose as adults.

Another survey -- by the International Bible Society -- indicated that 83% of all Christians make their commitment to Jesus between the ages of 4 and 14, that is, when they are children or early youth. The Barna Research Group surveys demonstrate that American children ages 5 to 13 have a 32% probability of accepting Christ, but youth or teens aged 14 to 18 have only a 4% probability of doing so. Adults age 19 and over have just a 6% probability of becoming Christians.

When Americans become Christian

Finding a Christian that wasn't indocrinated as a child is going to be difficult.

Another survey -- by the International Bible Society -- indicated that 83% of all Christians make their commitment to Jesus between the ages of 4 and 14, that is, when they are children or early youth. The Barna Research Group surveys demonstrate that American children ages 5 to 13 have a 32% probability of accepting Christ, but youth or teens aged 14 to 18 have only a 4% probability of doing so. Adults age 19 and over have just a 6% probability of becoming Christians.

When Americans become Christian

Shit! is it that bad? Then I withdraw my question.

When you first heard of Christianity, God and Jesus, did you accept it on the evidence first or belief first.

Question withdrawn.

Belief first. Indoctrinated at age 30. There is no evidence. Only 3rd hand stories about miracles or 'weeping' statues. God never appears.

Can I request this thread be closed or locked, thank you.