Goodbye Jesus

I Met A Young Earth Creationist Today

yunea

Guest sylensikeelyoo

*high five* THAT is soooo AWESOME! So proud of you, Yunea!!! *enthusiastic applause*

• Like 2

Congratulations!

He said that God loves me whether or not I believe it, and that he hopes I'll some day understand that everything God does and allows to happen is LOVE.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif    I would think that if God really loved us he would take the time to say so in person rather then send a messenger.   zDuivel7.gif

• Like 3

Nice. Very cool! It is always exhilarating to assert oneself.

• Like 1

Great Job Yunea! Keep telling them the facts!

• Like 1

Cool!  It's great to have some footing to stand on, isn't it, instead of just being told stuff?!

What was the girl doing during the conversation? Do you think you'll see her again?

• Like 1

Guest Furball

He said that God loves me whether or not I believe it,

So then why was he preaching to that woman???

If god loves everyone whether they believe or not, then evangelizing is pointless, they can stay home and relax. Another brainwashed fundie who hasn't checked the facts for himself, but blindly believes whatever the bible tells him. 

Good for you yunea, i am proud of you for speaking up. The giant snail god smiled on you today!

_Catt

• Like 1

Nice! I still don't have the confidence to debate facts yet but I thoroughly enjoy listening to others. Good for you!

• Like 1

Awesome story and I'm so proud of you!

At least the young woman was presented with a calm, sincere atheistic view; it's her choice to believe what she wants.  I am sure you at least gave her something to think about!

Great job!

• Like 1

Cool!  It's great to have some footing to stand on, isn't it, instead of just being told stuff?!

What was the girl doing during the conversation? Do you think you'll see her again?

YES indeed!! I'm still feeling so good!

The girl didn't say a word, she listened to us talk about the Bible very carefully and her face got more and more scrunched. When the guy asked to hear my personal reasons for deconverting, the other guy engaged her in conversation in yet another language, possibly so she wouldn't be too interested in what I said. Guy #2 was one of those frustrating Xians anyway, he basically called me a murderer several times.

I have no idea if I'll see her again. It would be a positive thing if I did, but I just hope she will be asking a lot of honest questions and not just take everything in.

So then why was he preaching to that woman???

If god loves everyone whether they believe or not, then evangelizing is pointless, they can stay home and relax. Another brainwashed fundie who hasn't checked the facts for himself, but blindly believes whatever the bible tells him. 

Good for you yunea, i am proud of you for speaking up. The giant snail god smiled on you today!

_Catt

Exactly!

I'm proud of me too, and it's amazing to not feel guilty of being proud of me!! Wtf is up with the way that Christianity taints our success because we worry about taking too much credit to ourselves and not glorifying and thanking God enough?! It feels so good to know that I said those things because I've devoted hours and hours to educating myself, not because a supernatural being gifts me with thoughts. It's the same with my studies now. I do good at exams because I work hard, not out of being blessed!

Oooo I can almost feel the slimy snail tentacle patting my back. :D

Also a big THANK YOU to my fellow Ex-Christians! Reading (and writing in) the threads and blogs and watching the Lion's Den debates made this possible this soon, only six months after I knew for sure I no longer believed. Like the very best therapy I've ever had (and I've been to many, some quack and some real ones)! :) 

* HUUUUUGE HUG!!!! * 

• Like 1

Well done.

• Like 1

If Yahweh has love in his heart, that is good for him, I guess, but it is irrelevant to us.  The important question for us is whether we have love in our hearts.  If so, Yahweh could love us or could hate us, but our toes would still be tapping.  The issue of urgent concern is not whether there is a heaven "out there" but whether there is a heaven "in here."  And as you proved to yourself, there is an emotional and cognitive serenity that you possess, a serenity that belief in "absolute good" could never offer.  "The only force of appeal to us, which either a living God or an abstract ideal order can wield, is found in the everlasting ruby vaults of our own human hearts, as they happen to beat responsive and not irresponsive to the claim."  If Yahweh has somehow saved himself by acquiring a spirit of peace, then I am glad for him, but my salvation does not depend on his salvation.  I hope for his sake he doesn't put his mind at ease by crushing bugs.

acquire-the-spirit-of-peace-and-thousand

• Like 2

If Yahweh has love in his heart, that is good for him, I guess, but it is irrelevant to us.  The important question for us is whether we have love in our hearts.  If so, Yahweh could love us or could hate us, but our toes would still be tapping.  The issue of urgent concern is not whether there is a heaven "out there" but whether there is a heaven "in here."  And as you proved to yourself, there is an emotional and cognitive serenity that you possess, a serenity that belief in "absolute good" could never offer.  "The only force of appeal to us, which either a living God or an abstract ideal order can wield, is found in the everlasting ruby vaults of our own human hearts, as they happen to beat responsive and not irresponsive to the claim."  If Yahweh has somehow saved himself by acquiring a spirit of peace, then I am glad for him, but my salvation does not depend on his salvation.  I hope he doesn't put his mind at ease by crushing bugs.

acquire-the-spirit-of-peace-and-thousand

I like this comment, Llwellyn, thank you!

Great job! I'm glad at how the conversation was good for you and I hope that it was very helpful for that poor girl being targeted by the evangelists.

• Like 1