Goodbye Jesus

Been A Hard Hard Week

Jeff

I'm tipsy and tired of working 7 days a week at school and I like this place ...and my school, and Django with python.

That is all. Carry on.

3c4eeee7284a6c74f1487317b3a1460f85690bce

Why do you work 7 days a week?

I'm in programming school for 12 weeks and it is full immersion.

Doing a mid life career change

One time I had two jobs at the same time, so I had to work 7 days a week. I remember feeling like I wanted to cry sometimes.

Probably you will feel better as you get closer to the end.

I understand some of what you said.  Django with what???

Anyhow, I also am heartily sick of my job.  I find a large whisky on a Friday night helps a great deal.

I support a few apps which run on django.  It's honestly a huge pain in the ass, especially the PHP stuff.  I'm constantly chasing down security holes.  Anway, good luck on your new career path.  Cheers!

Thank you. I was a bit drunk and didn't expect any actual replies. Haha.

Yeah. So we're building a team project this weekend to present Monday using Django and Python (a language named after Monty Python originally). It's an online restaurant menu and order tracking site with mgr staff and customer logins. A cart and buildable menus for the mgr. I built a message and rating capability into it today.

This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and yes I do feel like crying sometimes. I've had two days off in the last 8 weeks. I'll be here for at least 5 more weeks and as many after that as necessary to pass expectations.

i desperately needed new skills for pt 2 of my life

• Like 1

I really don't understand courses or jobs that have no days off.  That's just asking for people to get sick.

I kno from my own experience of putting too many hours in :that feeling like crying part is coz uve lost control over ur work and giving not enough time to urself.i kno u kno this but I really kno how you feel.this is somthing I need to look at in my own work life.

Oh hell yes. Once I'm past this I will def be a take-care-of-myselfoholic.

• Like 1

I really don't understand courses or jobs that have no days off. That's just asking for people to get sick.

Hi Free! I miss chatting with you.

The high intensity is a feature and not a flaw. I quit my job to do this so the faster I can get through the better. This is why they offer the break-neck pace. I do think it will kill me if I keep this pace much longer but it's necessary for now. 5 more weeks of class and I can relax a bit and start having weekends again while I job hunt etc.

I really don't understand courses or jobs that have no days off. That's just asking for people to get sick.

Hi Free! I miss chatting with you.

The high intensity is a feature and not a flaw. I quit my job to do this so the faster I can get through the better. This is why they offer the break-neck pace. I do think it will kill me if I keep this pace much longer but it's necessary for now. 5 more weeks of class and I can relax a bit and start having weekends again while I job hunt etc.

Hi Jeff, you too!  I'm there most days, in the evening your time... not that you have spare time to chat atm though :(

Thanks for explaining, I understand it better now.  I once worked two jobs, and had no days off for a month, by the end of it I had a really bad cold or maybe flu and couldn't work for a week anyway, so it was all for nothing.  That was when I was 20... I wouldn't last more than a week doing that now, lol.