Goodbye Jesus

My Intro

Anakin

Hi everybody,

My testimony here. I used to be a dedicated christian. I was a good dog. Did all that

my sect required (oh I'm sorry, I believe the proper word is denomination not sect,

silly me). I was the type of person that when my coworkers or friends had biblical

questions they came to me. I always had my nose in the bible. Unfortunately at that

time I read the bible with my offical Apologetic Jesus Blinders on. I mentally

rewrote the bible to say what I needed it to say in order for it to work. Anyway,

after multiple personal tragedies, I finally was able to remove the AJB glasses and

was able to read the bible objectively. When a person finally steps beyond the fear

tactics, the spell of the bible is broken forever. I know you folks understand. It started

with the catalyst of tragedy, which lead to a search for answers. The shock of those

answers lead to more searching. Those answers lead to more questions, etc.

You get the point. In the end, it wasn't personal tragedy that lead to my deconversion.

It was the bible itself. It amazes me today that so many people cling to that book.

The bible is christianity's worst enemy.

Glad to be here. Looking forward to communicating with other exchristians.

Weclome AM

You are funny, and I can already tell we are goning to like you. Way to go with taking those AJB glasses off!

:grin:

AM,

It never ceases to amaze me how similar decoversion stories are. Your story is so similar to mine, I could have written it myself.

For me, after the tragedies, I decided to "give my life to the lord" entirely, and went to work for campus crusade for christ (for free). That was the beginning of the end. I met a lot of career christians there. They work there because it is easy money.

More than anything, being with those people made me realize that, as they say, I was never one of them. I was always too real for the Christians. When I had a problem, I spoke about it. The rest of them, hide their problems to appear as the perfect christ-like people they think they should be.

I think god exists, but not as a person. More like energy or a force of some sort of committee. And it was that "god" that snatched me away from the claws of fundamentalist christianity.

Enough bitterness for today. Thank you for your story AM.

Lorena

Visit my blog

Welcome to the site, it's a great place for recovering from a christ addiction. I've been here a few months and have learned quite a bit.

It was the bible itself. It amazes me today that so many people cling to that book.

The bible is christianity's worst enemy.

I agree. In order to survive, Christianity needs lukewarm believers. When people begin to live what the pastor preaches, they will sooner or later discover the lie.

Welcome here Anakin.

I always had my nose in the bible. Unfortunately at that

time I read the bible with my offical Apologetic Jesus Blinders on. I mentally

rewrote the bible to say what I needed it to say in order for it to work.

Don't worry you were not the only one. Check out this christian who is doing the same.

Post 228

Welcome to the forum, and to your new found freedom.

Welcome to the forums AM - this is a great place.

'Twas blind, but now you see!

Welcome aboard.....glad to see that you've wrested

yourself from the clutches of the christian death cult!!!

:woohoo:

Anikin and Angela,

Been a bit remiss in my welcomes..

Feel free to find a spot here at ExC and dig in to the words that humans have left here.

Participate and join with folks who like you, are human, and have found no immediate need to keep jebuz or the spookies in their back pocket..

Damn fine place to spend your time on.line, on.ass..

kevinL

About halfway through my searching I let a spiritualist friend give me reiki. It was a wonderful experience....
What is "reiki"? Is that somethin' like a wedgie? :mellow:

:HaHa:

Seriously though, I'd like to know what reiki is.

Welcome aboard, AnakinMan and Angela. :woohoo:

Welcome anakinman! Most of the deconversion stories sound somewhat liek my own. Like you, personal tradgedy played a role in getting me to read the piece of horse shit known as the Bible. But the tradgedy did not cause my deconversion, the Bible did.

This sounds a little too familiar.

In order for the Reiki healing energies to have lasting results, the client must accept responsibility for her or his healing and take an active part in it. Therefore, the Usui system of Reiki is more than the use of the Reiki energy. It must also include an active commitment to improve oneself in order for it to be a complete system.

It almost sounds like umm... hmph!

What's the name of that screwed-up religion again? :scratch:

Then there's this sort of thing here.

The secret art of inviting happiness

The miraculous medicine of all diseases

Just for today, do not anger

Do not worry and be filled with gratitude

Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.

Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.

Pray these words to your heart

and chant these words with your mouth

Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind

The founder , Usui Mikao

Christianity does a fine job of totally ruining most people's ability to grasp a mind-set such as this. The reason it corrupts it, is because Christianity commands it instead of just suggesting it. The religion has left such a bitter taste in my mouth, that when I hear other groups teaching the same things, my "spiritual vault door" slams shut and I find it difficult (damn near impossible actually) to respond to it.

Glad you broke your glasses, AnakinMan! I went through something very like your path - a tragedy helped me be motivated to look at the bible for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...