Goodbye Jesus

Troy/LvdYou emails Neil

Mr. Neil

This is Troy (same person that oxymoronical ex-christian.net keeps banning to hide the truth from you). I am only posting this because I see a need in your heart, where you misread the Word of God on the matter of "generation".
I'm not sure why he's sending me this. I never said anything about the matter of generations. I think he's confusing me with someone else In fact, I asked him to take the Easter Challenge, which he has chosen repeatedly to ignore.

In fact, that's why he was banned. He didn't want to debate the points which were presented to him. All he wanted to do was keep repeating the same lies, even after they were exposed. His entire argument was based on a strawman of evolution, and the fact that he won't own up to it is proof that he's a dishonest scoundrel.

Regarding "generation". This wicked generation is still happening today.

See the proof,

Matthew 10.34

v.34 "This generation"-The Greek text is genea, not aion. The Chinese deem 30 years to be a generation; the West reckons 40 years as such. Neither calculation is applicable here, for had it been either case, all these things would have had to have been fulfilled in the lifetime of those living at the time of Matthew and thus all would have become past history. On the basis of such an interpretation (that is, that the meaning of "generation" is in terms of a given period of years) the historians maintain that Matthew 24 is already past: they argue that Titus destroyed Jerusalem exactly 40 years after the Lord had spoken these words recorded here in verse 34 and that therefore the word "generation" is here used in its most general sense.

Some try to avoid the problem by changing "generation" into "race"-the race of the Jewish people. But this is unlikely because (1) Matthew 1.17 says, "So all the generations from Abraham unto David are fourteen generations"; (2) we must not alter a word simply because of a difficulty, and (3) had this word been "race" in its translation, then such an explanation would mean that the Jewish race has the possibility of being destroyed since the Lord in fact declares that "this generation shall not pass away till all these things be accomplished" (v.34).

How, then, should genea be explained? We should try to find the clue from the Old Testament:

"Thou wilt keep them, O Jehovah, thou wilt preserve them from this generation for ever" (Ps. 12.7). This is a generation not in terms of a physical, but a moral, relationship.

"They are a perverse and crooked generation" (Deut. 32.5). The genea (Hebrew, dor) here is not 30 or 40 years or even a lifetime. As long as perversity and crookedness last, just so is the duration of the generation.

"For they are a very perverse generation, children in whom is no faithfulness" (Deut. 32.20). The generation continues as long as unfaithfulness persists.

"There is a generation that curse their father, and bless not their mother. There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet are not washed from their filthiness. There is a generation, oh how lofty are their eyes! And there eyelids are lifted up. There is a generation whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men" (Prov. 30.11-14). Obviously, such a generation is not limited to a few decades or a lifetime; rather, it points to a period marked by certain immoral characteristics.

We may receive further light from the Gospel of Matthew itself: "But whereunto shall I liken this generation…?" (11.16-19)

"An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet...The men of Nineveh shall stand up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, a greater than Jonah is here" (12.39,41).

"The queen of the south shall rise in the judgment with this generation…Even so shall it be also unto this evil generation" (12.42,45).

"All these things shall come upon this generation" (23.36). This evil generation will last just as long as evil and adultery remain. Hence the meaning of genea in 24.34 is a period of time characterized by evil, adultery, perverseness, and crookedness. Such a period has not yet passed away, and will pass away only after all these things are accomplished.

"This generation" includes three classes of people: (1) the Gentiles who worship idols and reject God; (2) those Jews who reject Christ; and (3) the apostates-the so-called modernists. Before all these people pass away, all these things will be accomplished. The Lord will come and destroy them. Before the coming of the kingdom, all these things shall be fulfilled.

We should thus see the distinction among these three Greek words used in the Bible: kosmos is the world, aion is the age, and genea is the generation.

If you need to reach me this is my forum, but I won't be posting here at ex-christian oxymorons. Thanks.

(irrelevent plug for personal website removed)

I put this here for those of you who might enjoy tearing this whole argument apart. To me, though, it's irrelevent.

I will simply again ask Troy to take Dan Barker's Easter Challenge. I will not answer any of his quibbling emails until he presents his harmonization of Easter Sunday, which should be no problem if the Bible is inerrant. If he chooses to continue ignoring the challenge, then I will simply accuse him of being a coward.

:grin:

Neil, sometimes you just have to look at the time you have to spend on people like this, decide if it's worth your time and cut off further contact until they are willing to take off their self-imposed blinders. It amazes me that so many are so willfully blind. The same people think that we are the ones who live in darkness, yet they cannot see the forest for the trees. Obtuse.

I deleted that other post for you, as you requested.

Well, this guy will never learn, Reach. At this point, I'm just having fun at his expense. I'm surprised he had the courage to email me. He had to have known that I was going to issue the same challenge he's dodged no less than a dozen times already.

Guest Voyager

Actually, I get a lot from Neil's (and others) repeated squashing of fundie arguments. When I first came to this forum I didn't know any of the details of evolution (or even the definition of it, for that matter :shrug: ). I truly appreciate everything I've learned here, especially the existence of talk.origins, which has all of the real meaty details. So, thanks for wasting your time on these jerks!

Guest Slayer-2004

Why on earth would I want to debunk this guys babblings ? He just assumes scripture is true and uses it in his so called arumgents . Typical user of circular logic . Complete moron . I bet he is so stupid that even resorts to TAG every now and then .

He doesn't even really argue. He kind of asserts things and then prays really hard that we don't catch him.

Troy is just a load of laughs. I nearly fell out of my chair in another thread when he proclaimed that the genealogies in Luke and Matthew where complete and complementary. I can't believe anyone could be so utterly stupid as to make such an absurd claim!

He's much more fun than certain morons, like Invictus, whose arguments against evolution are sooo old that the last time i heard them, I fell off my dinosaur laughing.

He's much more fun than certain morons, like Invictus, whose arguments against evolution are sooo old that the last time i heard them, I fell off my dinosaur laughing.

:lmao::funny::lmao: