Goodbye Jesus

I Miss God

bunzooh

Agree about the destructive nature of religions, but one doesn't need to be religious, or cling to a dogma of any kind, to just wish to pray and believe in a god. You can pray to the universe if you like. 

• Super Moderator

Agree about the destructive nature of religions, but one doesn't need to be religious, or cling to a dogma of any kind, to just wish to pray and believe in a god. You can pray to the universe if you like. 

Perhaps, but the OP was in reference to missing the god of the Bible, and that implies Abrahamic religions. That's what I was addressing, not New Age spirituality or alternative god ideas; that's another topic!

Perhaps, but the OP was in reference to missing the god of the Bible, and that implies Abrahamic religions. That's what I was addressing, not New Age spirituality or alternative god ideas; that's another topic!

haha Okay! :D

haha Okay! biggrin.png

Yeah, I'm not ready to attach to being in a relationship with a life force. :) it is the god of the bible that i miss. I miss jesus. etc. *sigh*

Yeah, I'm not ready to attach to being in a relationship with a life force. smile.png it is the god of the bible that i miss. I miss jesus. etc. *sigh*

The weird thing is that you still have everything you had before.  It is inside you.  It was you the whole time.

I can still generate the feeling that I named "Peace that passes all understanding".  Learning to not freak out when I have misplaced my keys or wallet was harder but I'm getting there.  Try to figure out exactly the things you miss and see if you can have more direct control.

Would ikonoclastic, bombastic, far-beyond-irreverent blasphemy be appropriate at this point?

For me reality is much more interesting than religious fantasies. I don't get joy from something I know could not possibly be real.

We live in an age of discovery, for example we recently discovered mountains on Pluto, and we found some amazing fossils for a previously unknown branch of the human family.

Meanwhile religion only offers wishful thinking. Never anything new. Religions are permanently stuck in the Dark Ages.

• Like 2

For me reality is much more interesting than religious fantasies. I don't get joy from something I know could not possibly be real.

We live in an age of discovery, for example we recently discovered mountains on Pluto, and we found some amazing fossils for a previously unknown branch of the human family.

Meanwhile religion only offers wishful thinking. Never anything new. Religions are permanently stuck in the Dark Ages.

All good and solid points.  I suspect the first tool fully dulled by religious indoctrination is curiosity.