Goodbye Jesus

"suds"

nivek

So here I am, the World's Worst Male Housekeeper, knees deep in a pile of dishes and utensils and such. Forkin' forks won't wash themselves, and since I used up all the plastic stuff tossing the metal ones out are not a viable option, should electing to live the day out an option.

"No Big Deal!" thinks I as the dishwasher gets unloaded (strangely enuff it is mostly MY coffee cups.. What dirty rotten snitch has been USING ALL MY CUPS?)(Must investigate at later date.. Ummm, coffee...)

Reach down under sink to find that the powdered dishwasher soap is all but empty. dump remaining into the little swingin' thingabob soap holder, close it.

"Oh shit, not enuff soap for the soap whatchadingitz on outside.."

"BFD" Toss in a generous squirt of liquid dishwashing soap, fire that sucker off, head out to do some clothing that seems to be mostly mine..

---->half an hour later:

Was talking to several friends on net while making the bed.. Seems "my side had ALL four big dogs on it today, and since I *kinda forgot* to pull sheet and bedspread up, now have tons of dog hair and dirty paw prints all over MY side..

OK, that remedied, head into kitch.. "OH HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" ..en....

Umm.. "Wow"

Did you good folks KNOW that, umm, ahh, dishwashers can kinda power soapy bubbles like two or more FEET high over a given area?

Looked like the Sta-Puft man took a marshmellow whizz in my kitchen!

Four blankets, and every towel in washroom made half a dozen trips back and forth getting rung out.

Figured since there was gonna be a clean spot on floor when Kel got home I called her, ratted myself out.

I hear in background 'mumble, mumble" and when the phone is pulled up hear all three of the Staff at Library and half a dozen patrons laffin' their asses off..

No one told me NOT to put liquid soap in the damn dishwasher!...

HomeEc my ass!

kL

Watch those pups now...don't let them track muddy prints all over your clean floor!!

:lmao:

ROFLMAO

I didn't know that happened either... we use the cheap powder crap. But usually, we handwash because our dishwasher is so cheap we have to practically wash them anyway before we stick them in.

Kevin, do you ever read the owners manual or fine print?

I do believe the owners manual has a warning about liquid dish soap.

:grin:

Thanks for sharing your hillarious blunder, it made my day.

Quoth DoubleDee:

I do believe the owners manual has a warning about liquid dish soap.

WTF are these ownersmanual to which you allude to?

MEN NEVAH read INSTRCTIONS!

(Unless there are pics.. LOTS of pics!)

kL

You have a dishwasher! You lucky bastard!

...at least the floors are probably clean! :)

MEN NEVAH read INSTRCTIONS!

kL

There are a lot of things men claim......

We have a dishwasher at home that never gets used. When we moved into the house the family crowded around the thing and stared in awe. A machine - how does it work? We gave it a test run to see if it works, and then turned it off. Something was wrong, why was the damn thing going off for like 20 minutes, maybe it'll never stop.

That was the last time we used it, and like every good polak family, we now use our dishwasher to store our pots and pans. It was kind of embarassing when my boyfriend came over and saw our improvised storage unit - that moment was inspiration for years of laughter at my expense, and when we moved in together he asked me if we should get a dishwasher. I said no.

The funny thing is that he came over to my mom's house and showed her how to use the dishwasher, but the family became so accustomed to the extra storage that she told him thanks but no thanks. Oy, we're a strange people.

Be heartened to know that you're not the only one who's put liquid detergent in the dishwasher.

I didn't have quite the same magnitude of foaminess as you describe here, but I did the same damn thing once. I caught it when the foam started leaking out of the dishwasher door.

Fortunately there was no one there to laugh at me. ;)

Been there, done that! :Doh::lmao:

NOW I have a strange and wickedly playful prank to pull on some unlucky bastard! :pureevil:

Now I have to meet some unlucky bastard! :Doh:

:twitch: For the record, liquid dish soap doesn't work in washing machines, either. (I think the cats have forgiven me for the SudzMonster that terrorized them that day.)

And for future reference, regular soap can sometimes be used as an anti-detergent debubbling agent.

:lmao: that's hilarious! I can picture nivek swimming through bubbles to stop the damn machine. :HaHa:

We have a dishwasher at home that never gets used. When we moved into the house the family crowded around the thing and stared in awe. A machine - how does it work? We gave it a test run to see if it works, and then turned it off. Something was wrong, why was the damn thing going off for like 20 minutes, maybe it'll never stop.

That was the last time we used it, and like every good polak family, we now use our dishwasher to store our pots and pans. It was kind of embarassing when my boyfriend came over and saw our improvised storage unit - that moment was inspiration for years of laughter at my expense, and when we moved in together he asked me if we should get a dishwasher. I said no.

The funny thing is that he came over to my mom's house and showed her how to use the dishwasher, but the family became so accustomed to the extra storage that she told him thanks but no thanks. Oy, we're a strange people.

When my brother bought his second house, the woman said the dishwasher had never been used, she never understood how, so she stored her............ jewlry in it. :Doh::HaHa:

Liquid dish soap, on the other hand, can be quite delightful when used in a hot tub.

Especially when you tell a friend to go in the house to push the "bubble button" and whisper in her ear to fill her hands with Dawn and get back in the tub.

Men love the bubble button.

My wife did the same thing when we lived in DC. Being from Russia dishwashing machines were new to her so she thought "Soap?, it's all the same. Right?" Nope, we had 2 feet of suds in our kitchen, and our dog, who loved to run and jump in piles of snow, had bubbles all over the house.

Ha Ha Ha! :lmao:

As soon as you mentioned that you put liquid dishwashing soap in the dishwasher I KNEW what was going to happen. Why? Because most of us have had this experience, hopefully only once. I too ended up with an impeccably clean kitchen floor and one more helpful bit of knowledge to carry into the future. :scratch:

IBF

I'm thinking almost everyone has tried it at least once..and I'm guessing here, but was said manual dishwashing liquid "ultra"?

You can use the manual stuff in the washer..but only a very, very little..I've done that before. I even used a very small amount in the dishwasher, cuz I ain't hand washing anything! At least, not outside of work.

Cleanser, such as Comet or Ajax will axe the bubbles too..but then ya gotta clean that up..but, the floor will be extremely clean!

That sounds almost as bad as the time my youngest used the top off the softener to put concentrated laundry liquid (you know the one that take only a little bit to do a full load) in the washer with. Two foot deep? Your dishwasher is a wimp! More like 4-5 foot deep in the laundry room. Luckily it was a tile floor with a drain, so all I had to do was spray with a hose and squeegee the stuff into the drain. Daughter go a lecture that day, for sure! - heimdall :yellow: