Goodbye Jesus

Did Your Music Taste Change After You Deconverted?

FlowerDemon

I grew up listening to rock n roll, but burned all of my CDs during my fundy phase of only listening to Christian music. I really liked dcTalk, but struggled to find any other bands worth listening too. I had already gone back to listening to secular music before I deconverted. It must have been the devil music that lead me down the path to destruction.

Your welcome, RW!

Music tastes pretty much stayed the same for the most part other then songs like "Judith" became a favorite.

• Like 1

My music choices were never dictated by religion, and my parents didn't filter what I listened to. I had heard stories of their love for burning Michael Jackson tapes, but I was the youngest child so they weren't as strict when my turn came around. At around 10, I found an old little portable radio. Hello devil music. I never felt guilty about what I listened to, although I do remember a bible-fueled self righteous episode where I scratched up a Simple Plan (lol) CD after mishearing the lyrics for cursing god. How embarrassing. 

Music tastes pretty much stayed the same for the most part other then songs like "Judith" became a favorite.

I stumbled upon APC when I was 13. Judith has been my ringtone since.