Goodbye Jesus

Collection Of Biblical Contradictions

Adam5

For any new or newish to the forum, there is a collection of contradictions in handy form on the front page of the website.

I find this interesting and really like it as it has the facts in two pages which is easy to follow.  I prefer this to massive long lists you see on the web.

Link http://articles.exchristian.net/2005/11/7-e-z-steps-to-get-handy-collection-of.html

Goodbye Jesus

Jesus on a Good Day

--love your enemies. Mat 5:43-44.

--golden rule Mat 7:12 Luke 6:31

--Judge not. Mat 7:1

--Consider the lilies Luke 12:27, Mat 6:28

--be like children Mat 18:3.

--give anything asked of you by anyone. Luke 6:30

--turn other cheek Luke 6:29.

--not against me is with me Mark 9:40 Luke 9:50 

Jesus on a Bad Day

--not with me is against me Mat 12:30, Luke 11:23

--accommodate the wicked and do not resist evil. Mat 5:39-45.

--Kill disbelivers (parable) Luke 19:27.

--wicked get eternal torture of Hell. Mark 9:43-48.

--Fruit tree hatred. Mark 11:13-14,20. contradicts Mat 21:19-20

--Jesus came to cause strife. Luke 12:51-53, Mat 10:34.

-- Jesus says to hate/abandon your family Luke 14:26, Mat 10:35-36, Mat 19:29.

--Jesus threatens to kill children Rev 2:23

The above is my favorite part!  "Jesus on a good day" vs. "Jesus on a bad day"!

Thanks for putting this in the forum for us, Adam5!

• Like 1

The Skeptic's Annotated Bible has biblical contradictions printed along side of the verse. It's a good book.

Thanks for this. I have also bookmarked the sceptics bible .

you will worship me or die! SO SAYS ME!!!

you will worship me or die! SO SAYS ME!!!

Sounds legit

• 3 weeks later...

The Paradox of the Apple:

Adam and Eve had no knowledge of Right and Wrong, or Good and Evil, until they ate from the Tree of Knowledge. It's like expecting a 5 year old child not to play with a loaded gun. It's the parent who allowed the child access to the gun that would face charges.

Genesis 3:

3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Skeptics annotated Bible

It was after they ate the Fruit that they were ashamed that they were naked. So who is the villain of the story?

• Like 1

Oh good.  This is a good place to put things like this from deuteronomy:

30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

God detests human sacrifice.  God hates it when people kill their sons or daughters to pacify the wrath of their gods.

And God ordered Abraham to do just that.  And God loved the fact that Abraham said ok.  

And the universal symbol of all Christianity is human sacrifice.     

^and they currently celebrate all of the other gods holidays using symbolism from those other religions

The Census of King David:

2 Samuel 24

24:1 And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

24:12 Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

24:15 So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba seventy thousand men.

Skeptics Annotated Bible

1 Chronicles 21

21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

21:14 So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.

21:15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Skeptics Annotated Bible

So was it "god" who sent the Angel of Death to kill 70,000 Jews, or was it Satan? And if Satan was obeying Yahweh's will at the time of David, wasn't he also obeying "gods" will in the Garden when he tempted Eve?

When was Jesus born:

According to Matthew, Jesus was born when King Herod was alive. Herod died in 4 B.C. According to Luke, Jesus was born during the Census of Quirinius. This Census occured in 6 A.D. because Judea was annexed into the Syrian Province. It's fun watching Christians try to get out of this one.

The Date of the Nativity in Luke, by Richard Carrier

^^And no Census ever has had people go back to their ancestral hometowns.  That is not and never was the point of a Census.  I read an article (possibly by John Loftus, I have the book at home and I'm at the library right now) where the author researched to make sure that no Census from that time had people return to a hometown.  No, it has never happened.  Censuses then, like now, are designed to count the number of residents for purposes of taxation and spending by the local government.  Sending people to other towns to be counted would be a ridiculous concept for a Census, then as it would be now.

From Wikipedia, "Census of Quirinius:  "The scenario of Luke 2:1-7 is unrealistic in other ways as well: almost all scholars agree that people would not be required to travel in order to register for tax purposes (it would be the taxation officials who would travel, as they had to link property to its owners), and Joseph, as a resident of Galilee rather than Judaea, would not have been affected by the census in any case.[14]

"Various proposals have been made to resolve the problem - the Gospel text has been mistranslated, the census has been misdated, there were two censuses – but these are rejected by most scholars for reasons set out by Raymond E. Brown in The Birth of the Messiah (1977, pp.546-555) and in the Anchor Bible Dictionary, "Chronology".[15] The evangelists were ignorant on many points about the early life of Jesus, as can be seen in the contradictory accounts of Luke and Matthew (Matthew says that Mary and Joseph lived in Bethlehem, fled to Egypt, returned to their home in Bethlehem, and finally fled again to Galilee; according to Luke they lived in Galilee, went to Bethlehem only because of the census, and returned immediately toNazareth).[4] They both place Jesus' birth in Bethlehem because, according to a prophecy in Micah 5:2, the messiah was to come from that town (Matthew quotes Micah, and Luke refers to the birth of the messiah in the "city of David"): "theological needs here create biographical 'facts'."[4]"

How many fathers did Joseph have?

Matthew 1:

1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Skeptics Annotated Bible

Luke 3:

3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli

Skeptics Annotated Bible

So was Jacob or Heli the father of Joseph?

The most surprising thing is that it's less than a million.

Is "god" All Knowing?

Being Omniscient, "god" must have known the moment Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Skeptics Annotated Bible

"god" is really stupid.