Goodbye Jesus

A Message Of Guilt

Lautermilich

How sick! And I used to feel that guilt all the time for people that were "lost" too. Not a day without guilt. Another of those burdens that I got free from when I deconverted.

How sick! And I used to feel that guilt all the time for people that were "lost" too. Not a day without guilt. Another of those burdens that I got free from when I deconverted.

Yes, and they don't realize that forcing this guilt on to people puts the same living in hell everyday! And they think it's somewhere one goes when they die. :Wendywhatever:

Hope the folks from chick dot com backtrack and find our home on the web and send the swarms of chickentraxx0rz here..

Usually I won't give chickentraxx0rz the hits and directs from here..

Fuckkit, let the bastards know that folks who are their diametric opposites are looking with disgust on the fear mongering and bullshit they promote.

Chick is Fred Phelps with ink, little pages and no cowboy hat..

fukk'um all

kevinL

Yeah, me to Han solo. All those poor people in the street. And it was my responsibility to tell them. When I first came away from christianity and started to talk to people on equal terms (instead of treating them like "trophies" to be saved, I was amazed at how lovely these supposed heathens were to me. Thankyou all you lovely heathens who helped to rehabilitate me into the real world. x x

This Chick guy's one sick mofo, subjecting innocent people to this garbage

All the churches I went to played that card... had whole sermons on how you should feel guilty for not witnessing to all your friends. They had really emotional skits too... it worked at making me feel guilty, but I was never very good at actually bringing friends to church or sharing my faith.

Blech.. manipulation at its best.

Oh my god. What a fucktard this guy is. Anything to guilt people into marketing this dog crap.

Indeed, what a fruitjob. I love his approach, acting as if only the Xian perspective is valid and unbelief is based not on moral problems with Xianity or inability to accept something unacceptable, but in a deliberate desire to do and be evil. What a loon, living in his own little bubble.

And I love how the messengers from Hell just opened a stone door in the ground and popped into our world. No wonder Hell is so easy to stumble into - the door's right over there!

:Wendywhatever::loser:

I am not given to violence, but that's one person whose head I would dearly love to rend from his shoulders...

Jack Chick is hilarious! So much raw material for satire - a million comedy writers couldn't use it all up. :lmao:

I feel guilty sometimes, for laughing at his stuff. It's not cool to make fun of deranged people. But dammit - it's so fucking funny!

i hate it when people use fear to control others. if any one can find the email to this sob i will email him and give him a peace of my mind. :vent:

Oh no, look at this doozy from their "Witnessing Ideas" page :woopsie:

Being shy didn't stop me

"My husband is a minister who does evangelistic work, but I am shy. I am active in my church but I wanted so much to witness to non-Christians...

I have been leaving Chick tracts everywhere! I leave them on shelves in the grocery store and drug stores, on phone booths, on newspaper boxes, in restaurants, in public restrooms, at the doctor's office. I made special trips to the local health department, WIC clinic, homeless health clinic...just to leave tracts. Even the food stamp office and Dept. of Human Services waiting rooms. The public library. Outside the high school in a bad neighborhood. I wrap them in plastic and toss them in driveways! :lmao::lmao: I scan the local section of our paper for people convicted of DUI or other crimes and mail the tracts! If people did this in every town, so many could be reached. Oh yes, I send SOMEBODY LOVES ME to abortion clinics."

:twitch:

Oh no, look at this doozy from their "Witnessing Ideas" page :woopsie:

Being shy didn't stop me

"My husband is a minister who does evangelistic work, but I am shy. I am active in my church but I wanted so much to witness to non-Christians...

I have been leaving Chick tracts everywhere! I leave them on shelves in the grocery store and drug stores, on phone booths, on newspaper boxes, in restaurants, in public restrooms, at the doctor's office. I made special trips to the local health department, WIC clinic, homeless health clinic...just to leave tracts. Even the food stamp office and Dept. of Human Services waiting rooms. The public library. Outside the high school in a bad neighborhood. I wrap them in plastic and toss them in driveways! :lmao::lmao: I scan the local section of our paper for people convicted of DUI or other crimes and mail the tracts! If people did this in every town, so many could be reached. Oh yes, I send SOMEBODY LOVES ME to abortion clinics."

:twitch:

DAMN! That is being shy???? That is more like being obsessed and nuts! *she needs meds, lots and lots of them*

Littering if you ask me. I know that everytime I see a tract, I pick it up and throw it away.

I know what you all are talking about as far as feeling guilty when you do not open your mouth to witness. That played on my dad's heart pretty heavy. He did not witness to one of his friends when he felt that he should have.....well, needless to say the man died in an auto accident. Well, to say the least, my dad felt responsible for it. If only he would have told him about christ, then he would have been in heaven and not hell. My dad always said that his friend's death would be counted against him come time for judgement. How insane! To put that kind of guilt on anyone is a terrible thing to do. I saw it first hand with my dad. It was always that one piece of scripture "their blood will be on your hands" that was the getter. (can not remember where it is at the moment) That scripture alone held us responsible if we did not tell our "brother" he was living in sin. (at least according to the church)

What a bunch of BS. That is the whole back bone of christianity.....FEAR. If you don't do this or that well you are the next marshmellow to be used for satan's smore.

How terrible! I too was one who felt woe for those who were unsaved, heck, I felt woe to those who said they were Christians, like DH, who were lukewarm. Constantly in fear that Jesus would spit them out.

I am so glad that I didn't get any Chick Tracts for Halloween...ever.

What?????

People do that crap ... hand them out for Holloween... to little kids. :vent:

As I get further down the thread.....

Being shy didn't stop me

I have been leaving Chick tracts everywhere! I leave them on shelves in the grocery store and drug stores, on phone booths, on newspaper boxes, in restaurants, in public restrooms, at the doctor's office. I made special trips to the local health department, WIC clinic, homeless health clinic...just to leave tracts. Even the food stamp office and Dept. of Human Services waiting rooms. The public library. Outside the high school in a bad neighborhood. I wrap them in plastic and toss them in driveways!

Damn ... they do .. they really do... :vent:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I feel like I've entered a parallel universe. I am in my late 40s and I've never even seen a Chick tract - until I came here. And when I did come here and saw those words for the first time I was thinking "Chick" as in "hot babes" or baby chicks. (Yes... I was quite confused.... :lmao: ) Not until I went to one of the links did I figure it out.

I mean - we live in a pretty liberal area - but still. We get occassional visits from the fundies wanting to come in and save us. A few years ago a band of fundies decided they were going to save our highschool from one openly gay student. They showed up with banners and handouts. My oldest was a senior then, and a friend of the gay student. Much to my pleasure the highschool pulled wagons in around this student and supported him.

But.. truly I've never seen anything like this.... how utterly SICK.....

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I feel like I've entered a parallel universe. I am in my late 40s and I've never even seen a Chick tract - until I came here.

I've got it! It finally clicked!! You are looking at a parallel universe. The universe where hell really exists. Fundamentalists are so fixated on salvation, and Christ, and going to heaven, because they are already experiencing damnation in hell! Their religion is their own created prison for their minds and spirits, and they think everyone who doesn't have the same desire to experience release from the prison they are in must clearly be "lost" or crazy.

The real reason not everyone else is as fanatical as them is because they are happy with their lives. Plain and simple.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I feel like I've entered a parallel universe. I am in my late 40s and I've never even seen a Chick tract - until I came here.

I've got it! It finally clicked!! You are looking at a parallel universe. The universe where hell really exists. Fundamentalists are so fixated on salvation, and Christ, and going to heaven, because they are already experiencing damnation in hell! Their religion is their own created prison for their minds and spirits, and they think everyone who doesn't have the same desire to experience release from the prison they are in must clearly be "lost" or crazy.

The real reason not everyone else is as fanatical as them is because they are happy with their lives. Plain and simple.

Damn .... Antlerman .... you may be right :scratch:

Quite sad if it's true. :(

*she needs meds, lots and lots of them*

I agree, I was getting a visual of some lunatic white woman driving through the ghetto and dumping Chick tracts out the window all over the place, and then gunning it out of there. Drive-by proselytizing? :twitch:

Oh yeah I remember that track... :screams: the church is really good at using guilt and fear to terrorize people into spreading the bullshit um, gospel I mean. I've seen that fear in my brother and my sister and it makes me sick to think how christianity manipulates people :vtffani:

Have to remember the ultimate pawn-off for this kind of crap: only the holy spook can save someone, or only the actions of it, not yours...saved me from a whole lot of guilt (well not that much, I was Catholic, after all).

I imagine her definiton of a bad neighborhood is anything within city limits...

One could really say there is a parrallel between Xianity and the Matrix. The Matrix is a prison for your mind... as Xianity is a prison for your mind.

If you really think about it -- the Matrix movie is just a commentary on the bad affects that Xianity has had on the world... even to go as so far to point out the hypocrisy of the whole ordeal. Just a thought I would innerject. Thanks for listen... :woohoo: