Goodbye Jesus

Finding Crazy In Arizona

Yaoi Huntress Earth

About a month ago, I moved to Arizona to attend college (I'm going for a Video Game Design degree) and have started to check out the local fundy channels. While they don't have the level of crazy that the ones in Wisconsin had like that one family show where the woman on it proudly admited that she refused to enter a building that played secular music or those low-budjet rapture shows where some guy doodles his theroy on the rapture on a whiteboard. Most of shows are pretty ho-hum until I came across Ron Luce's infomercial for his brainwashing Aquire the Fire stuff. Maybe it's because I've always been an advocate for the well-being of teens, but guys like him scare me.

On the brighter side, I came across a progressive teen online mag with some great potiental: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/8829/

Dude! You're going to college in AZ? For VGD? Where? XD

If you're in Phoenix, be wary of the Mormons. And the Scientologists (they have a church less than two blocks from where I used to live).

If you're in Phoenix, be wary of the Mormons. And the Scientologists (they have a church less than two blocks from where I used to live).

It's Collins College in Tempe. My apartment is in Pheonix so I'll head your warning about the Mormons and Scientologists.

You live in Phoenix eh? No.1 carjacking capital in the US. But hey, its sure as hell better than Ohio.

I'm here in central Phoenix, going to The Art Institute. Not for video games though, but Visual Effects and Motion Graphics.

And like LadyFeline said, watch out for them damned Mormons, I hear they crawl through your window at night, and will steal your baby, turning it into a brainwashed, special underwear-wearing, multiple spouse-having zombie. (dun dun dun)

It's Collins College in Tempe. My apartment is in Pheonix so I'll head your warning about the Mormons and Scientologists.

Collins? In Tempe? Hah, that's where I went! I knew I should've stayed for my Bachelor degree :HaHa: I know some people who are (I think. One of them might've moved by now) still there, in fact. IM me or something sometime. Because, boy do I have some stories to tell about that school...

Yeah, I've heard some horror stories about the Mormons, too :lmao: It's worse when you find some of their literature lying around in random places and see just how weird they are...

You know, there may be a Scientology Church nearby, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Downtown St. Louis (in University City, by the Loop) they have a huge Egyptian-style edifice that easily drawfs the nearby rich-people houses, but I found they were claiming 100,000 followers in St. Louis.

St. Louis' population is abour 350,000. So they're trying to tell me that almost a third of St. Louis' population is Scientologist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. After a spell of research, I discovered that the last time St. Louisans' religious beliefs were tallied, less than twenty-five were Scientologists. (Unfortunately, I kept trying to find the webpage the had the information, but I can't find it now - perhaps the Hubbies had it shut down.) Anyway, I do know that there are only about 50,000 Scientologists world-wide, so fuck their "8 million". And oh yeah, one-third of my city is still bigger than all the Scientologists in the world.

You know, there may be a Scientology Church nearby, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Downtown St. Louis (in University City, by the Loop) they have a huge Egyptian-style edifice that easily drawfs the nearby rich-people houses, but I found they were claiming 100,000 followers in St. Louis.

St. Louis' population is abour 350,000. So they're trying to tell me that almost a third of St. Louis' population is Scientologist. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. After a spell of research, I discovered that the last time St. Louisans' religious beliefs were tallied, less than twenty-five were Scientologists. (Unfortunately, I kept trying to find the webpage the had the information, but I can't find it now - perhaps the Hubbies had it shut down.) Anyway, I do know that there are only about 50,000 Scientologists world-wide, so fuck their "8 million". And oh yeah, one-third of my city is still bigger than all the Scientologists in the world.

I think Scientology is only a way to hide money for Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

I think Scientology is only a way to hide money for Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

It's much bigger than that. It provides Cruise and Travolta with money while at the same time siphoning it away from them. What's really sad it that it wasn't just a money-making operation, it was also some pissy impotent's personal vendetta against psychiatrists, of all the rediculous groups to be against. Poor L. Ronnie, they wouldn't support his methods just because of some little glitch like the methods not working. They actually have an obviously well-funded museum dedicated to how psychiatry is responsible for every wrongdoing, genocide, and dirty blot in human history. Not to mention they've probably killed more people through their quack "conditionings" in their "hotels" than the entire bulk of psychiatry.

I think this is one of those cases where the US government has to step in and shut this shit down, instead of buying "freedom of religion". Of course, there's probably more money in Scientology than the entire US government could spend in a year on fighting it in court. I just find it unbelievable that this "religion" has killed, stolen, laundered money, illegally spied on, stalked, and terrorized citizens, made false and harmful medical claims, lied about its activities, made hundreds of frivolous lawsuits, and broken into sealed personal records (for "fair game" fodder), and the government is too busy fighting a needless and aimless war in Iraq rather than to give this organization the boot it deserves. "Religious freedom" my ass.