Goodbye Jesus

Whats So Evil About Evolution?

willybilly30

Dear Mr. Neil,

Aren't you going to call him a nincompoop?

Sincerely,

Kryten

I always give them the benefit of the doubt the first couple posts. Then if they insist on clinging to their ignorance, I'll start calling them things like nincompoops, dimwits, schnooks, etc.

This guy has clearly been reading a little too much Ken Ham, and perhaps even Hovind. I hope he soon realizes that both of these men are dishonest boobs who have no interest in doing science.

• 3 weeks later...

What has really happened over the last 70 years in cane toad infested regions of Australia is that snakes that already had large heads have been killed by eating cane toads, leaving only snakes that already had small heads to reproduce. ScienceNOW (the online news service

associated with the journal Science) called it "survival of the pinheads".

This is the process of natural selection, and selection, natural or

otherwise, is not evolution. To select something is to choose it from an already

existing group of alternatives. It does not explain how the alternatives

came into existence, and it certainly does not make them change into other

alternatives. All it does is eliminate some alternatives, which is the

opposite of evolution.

I remember when my own concept of evolution was equally ignorant - back when I thought that evolution meant that humans had descended directly from chimpanzees.....

Redneck - you have precisely described evolution. Only smaller-headed varieties of this snake survive and thus change the very nature of that particular species.