Goodbye Jesus

Question Every Atheist Should Ask

essence

Here's the number one question every Atheist should ask Christians. Especially when atheists are becoming "processed" by Christians.

Question: Why do you worship a man (Jesus) who was not sent to you?

Be ready to point out the clear statement Jesus made in Matthew 15:24.

"I am sent to none but the lost sheep of the House of Israel".

Christians not then having any foundation in Christ will then lie and quote other scriptures.

Then its time to point out to them that Jesus did not change any laws or covenant within his own tradition of Judaism. Did Jesus teach any other doctrine than what he had learned from his forefathers? No. Did Jesus teach Gentilism (the worship of idols) ? No.

The Christians are left without satisfactory answers, and Jesus himself has proven them liars.

Here's the number one question every Atheist should ask Christians. Especially when atheists are becoming "processed" by Christians.

Question: Why do you worship a man (Jesus) who was not sent to you?

Christians not then having any foundation in Christ will then lie and quote other scriptures.

Then its time to point out to them that Jesus did not change any laws or covenant within his own tradition of Judaism. Did Jesus teach any other doctrine than what he had learned from his forefathers? No. Did Jesus teach Gentilism (the worship of idols) ? No.

The Christians are left without satisfactory answers, and Jesus himself has proven them liars.

And what about Matthew 10:5 "Do not go among the gentiles.." Funny how christianity is such a missionary religion in the light of this...

Huh. I never thought of that verse. It's funny how you can read things over and over again, and never realize what it really says!

This is why Acts and Paul had to explain why and how the Gospel would go to the gentiles. They got this from "revelations", and how trustworthy is that? Christians give more credence and approval to the apostels and foremost Paul than they give Jesus! What Jesus said is worth less than what Paul said. So Christianity is truly Paulianity.

I have tried this one, and no surprise, they have a way around it. Yes, Jesus said that, but he also revealed more of his plan through the suppa apostle Paul, and you know the Jew hater said there is neither Jew, nor Greek, blah blah blah.

But I agree, there is now way around the fact that this was something coming out of Jesus mouth, and the prophets more or less indicated that he will only came for Israel and Judah. Not that Jesus is remotely the Messiah.

:shrug:

No offence essence, but I think you are 'proof texting' or 'cherry picking' your passage in this example. Matthew 15:24 is from the story about a woman's faith contained in Matthew 15:21-28. I think the end of the story where Jesus heals this Canaanite woman's daughter negates your assertion. If Jesus was only concerned about the people of Israel, why did he bother to heal the girl?

And, of course, John 3:16 talks about everyone who believes.

To me, thats the problem with Bible, it can be used to support almost any argument as long as you are willing to subdivide it enough.

There is actually an unresolvable problem with regards to this issue.

Supposedly this is one of the final things Jesus said while on earth:

"Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation"

So.

Now we come to the book of Acts, Chapter 10 and 11. Lo and behold, Peter has a vision. Holy Shit! The gospel isn't just for the Jews! It's for the Gentiles too! And everyone falls silent and is astonished!

Now, I know the bible tries to portray the disciples as a bunch of dense rubes. But, I'm pretty sure that somebody would have remembered Jesus' final words just before he started flapping his arms and flying up into the air and out of sight while everyone waved, like Dorothy floating away from Oz.

Any reasoning person can deduce something here. Either Jesus' words in Mark were attributed to him way after the fact. Or, the Acts account is bogus and never happened. Or both are bogus and never actually happened..

No other conclusion can be found. (except through the myopic eyes of faith)

To me, thats the problem with Bible, it can be used to support almost any argument as long as you are willing to subdivide it enough.

And that's why there are as many denominations as there are sentences in the bible.

I'm pretty sure that somebody would have remembered Jesus' final words just before he started flapping his arms and flying up into the air and out of sight while everyone waved,...

Lucky for him, Dick Cheney wasn't around at the time. :grin:

The IRONY here is that Christians believe in the words of the bible over the words of men. However, over 99% of the became Christians because of the persuasive words of men, not the bible.

Is it any wonder that the people who study the bible the most end up NOT believing it is the innerrant word of god?

Lucky for him, Dick Cheney wasn't around at the time.

Cheney's popularity doubled when it got out that he shot a lawyer. (I know, by now an old joke)

Then its time to point out to them that Jesus did not change any laws or covenant within his own tradition of Judaism. Did Jesus teach any other doctrine than what he had learned from his forefathers? No.

Actually he did teach something that was completely forbidden in the OT

1)He introduced a new Blood Drinking ritual

2)He declared all food was ok to eat, where some food was considered a abomination in the OT

3)He tried to declare himself God, or atleast try to get divine status (Although at other time he said the the opposite)

I've even heard Christians state that Israel is a "biblical picture" of the entire world, not just a single place on the map.