Goodbye Jesus

The Past Doesn't Matter

thunderbolt

I was surfing the web because I am looking for a picture I once saw of a guy with a bible stuck to his forehead held in place with an elastic band wrapped around his head. I thought it would be a good picture to place next to fundy, but wasn't able to find it yet.

Any-hu – was searching words like wrapped and head and landed at AiG, who surprisingly have an article up debunking the shroud of Turin. I nearly fell of my chair until I got to this paragraph, when I DID.

Many well-intentioned Christians like to look for “facts” that can prove that the Bible is true. Instead, their first instinct should be to interpret evidence against what God’s Word says. As AiG–USA president Ken Ham recalled (see Kangaroos, dinosaurs, and Eden), there was a time when, after speaking at a teachers convention and declaring that facts and evidence do not necessarily speak for themselves, he was approached by a teacher who observed, “We want to find Noah’s Ark and the Ark of the Covenant, and hope the Shroud of Turin really is the shroud Jesus was wrapped in, because we are looking for ‘proofs’ that the Bible is true. However, what you have taught us is that ultimately we can’t ‘prove’ anything in relation to the past anyway, and once we accept what the Bible claims for itself, that it is the Word of God and thus build all of our thinking upon this, then we can consistently interpret the evidences around us and logically defend God’s Word. Wow—what a relief!”

WTF? Logically???

This explains exactly why you cannot have a rational discussion with Biblical apologists. The fact that the teacher said “what a relief” is even more shocking. To think that these people are polluting young children’s minds with nonsense and fairy tales – ugh! What a moronic way to slosh through life.

blinders.gif

Sure, you once saw a picture of a guy with a Bible stuck to his forehead held in place with an elastic band wrapped around his head. SSUUUUURE :fun:

I thought for sure that the picture you were looking for could be found on WinAce's ( :sing:WinAce :sing: ) site. However, I just ran over there and sifted through them and I didn't find it. :shrug:

I know which one you're talking about.

I've seen it before.

Thanks Fwee

You are an awesome mouse-pal. It was a classic, and I didn't save it at the time cus I was still holding onto Jeeeezuz for dear life. Thy Word is ... and all that biblical nonsense.

:-)

Hahahaha! That nose of yours is SHARP!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are the best. Now I can file for use when we get the next attack of the zombies.

:grin:

Thanks Fwee...

That caused a coffee spewing.. :)

kL

I love that whole website.

For those of you that enjoy debating the Christians who enter our midst, a game of Fundingo would provide endless enjoyment. I'm sure you could fill in a few of those empty squares with fundy excuses used in the Lion's Den.

Fundingo

Yeah, that site is a hoot. As Fwee notified me, please don't forget to click the Back button at the bottom of the page. Just make sure you are not in close proximity to where laughter might get you in trouble.

:lmao:

What I found on AiG:

"The fate of the living planet is not the most important issue facing mankind. Ultimately, this decaying system will be replaced with a New Heavens and Earth anyway. Rather, the most important issue facing mankind is: will the individual choose to acknowledge his Creator and be reconciled to Him? Romans 1:20 makes it clear that knowledge of God is, at least at some level, evident to all, so those who refuse to acknowledge their Maker are without excuse."

:lmao: We're doomed! Oh this statement is so INSANE, its funny! And people BELIEVE this?!?!

I love that whole website.

For those of you that enjoy debating the Christians who enter our midst, a game of Fundingo would provide endless enjoyment. I'm sure you could fill in a few of those empty squares with fundy excuses used in the Lion's Den.

Fundingo

hhmm have we found a new drinking game??

yes yes I think we have a winner!

FUNDINGO!

What I found on AiG:

"The fate of the living planet is not the most important issue facing mankind. Ultimately, this decaying system will be replaced with a New Heavens and Earth anyway. Rather, the most important issue facing mankind is: will the individual choose to acknowledge his Creator and be reconciled to Him? Romans 1:20 makes it clear that knowledge of God is, at least at some level, evident to all, so those who refuse to acknowledge their Maker are without excuse."

:lmao: We're doomed! Oh this statement is so INSANE, its funny! And people BELIEVE this?!?!

"at least some level"... "be reconciled". Hmmmm... :shrug: Which is it? So, creation tells us specifics of the Gospel story in order for us to be reconciled with God, such as seeing the sinners prayer eternally written on the side of a mountain with human words? Or are we supposed to just acknowledge we were created, and that's salvation?

Let me see. :scratch: Yep, I was created! Nature created me, and it is perfectly clear when I look at nature. Ok then... everybody is saved then, except the fundi's who think a crazy space god made them from a handful of dirt and some spit, then removed a piece of bone from his mud man and made a woman for his procreative pleasures. Nope. They can't see what nature shows them and are therefore, not reconciled to God. "They are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).