Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Else Get Judged For Not Being Married

Guest jasper04

Guest jasper04

I don't get this often(because I'm not really a social like person), but I do notice that some people have a problem w/me not being married to my DP, and we have two daughters. It's the usual, you're not married and living in sin, or you're contributing to the downfall of society. Children are better off when their parents are married, blah blah blah. I don't think you have to be married in order to be in a committed relationship. Our friends and family are very supportive of us in our decision not to get married, it's just a few strangers who like to say otherwise. Anyone else get judge by this? I'm not against marriage, but I don't think it's for everyone.

Oh, I forgot to add, when we went to Disney World in 2001, we were under the assumption that we would receive a complimentary breakfast(from a certain restaurant). Well, it turns out the reason we didn't get our meal tickets was due to us not being married, it was only for married couples. We still had a blast though, just pointing out a form of discrimination.

Welcome, Jasper!

May I suggest that if this sort of thing is a problem, that you judge those folks right back? Any of us former Christians ought to be more than able to turn it right back around on them.

After all, scripturally speaking, they must place themselves above Jesus in order to judge you.

Just tell them they're Hell-bound and only think that they're truly saved.

...Then offer to pray for them.

Actualy whenever someone starts to tell me something and I pretty much have the speach down in my head I usualy go "AND CUT! We got it, don't overplay the scene." I got this from Jim Gaffigan but it is rude enough to work in a real world situation.

Not to mention you get a good chuckle out of the look on their faces. :pureevil:

-Jake