Goodbye Jesus

Death Of Personality In Heaven?

megasamurai

But what about Satan? Why could he sin in heaven, but humans can't?

He wasn't human. He was a fallen angel.

And when it comes to heaven and hell - I started shifting away from my brought up views after reading the book Love Wins by Rob Bell. His point is if love really wins, does that mean people will suffer in hell for eternity for a life lived in a finite amount of time on earth. He wasn't necessarily advocating for purgatory, per se, but it made me think a lot about it. So basically my viewpoint on hell (and ultimately heaven) became this:

Heaven = only those who believe in Jesus for their salvation; Hell = everyone else will be tortured for eternity through fire.

to 

Heaven = only those who believe in Jesus for their salvation; Hell = the torture one experiences is due to the complete absence of God.

to

Heaven = only those who believe in Jesus for their salvation; Hell = annihilation after the realization that you missed the boat.

to

Heaven = Christians and other people who were deceived and who never heard the good news; Hell = Rob Bell's theory that eventually everyone will be saved.

to

I don't have a clue.

• Like 1

The tribes of Sentinel Island (in the Andaman archipelago in the bay of Bengal) sure are in for a surprise when they die, having been isolated from the rest of the world for thousands of years, perhaps even tens of thousands (BEFORE CREATION!), having never been exposed to the Good news.

Why are humans incapable of sinning in heaven but not angels? No Christian has explained this well.

Why are humans incapable of sinning in heaven but not angels? No Christian has explained this well.

Revelation 21:

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bridebeautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Death, mourning, crying and pain comes from sin. Either sin itself or consequences of sin. Therefore in heaven none of those things will be existent.

As far as angels sinning, who knows? We don't have a lot of background on angels sinning, if Satan and his third of angels who followed him sinned this one time or if it was a perpetual thing.