Goodbye Jesus

1000 Years Of Christian Barbarity And Carnage

hockeyfan70

All of Ken Humphreys stuff is great. Christians would still be happily burning people at the stake if they still had the power.

A thirst for power, control, and money. Things never change. Or in xtian-ese; there is nothing new under the sun. But they somehow think they're special.

• Like 1

I have heard two xian arguments about the Crusades and Inquisition.  One was that "these things happened a long time ago before people truly understood what was right and wrong like we do today, and today we truly understand what god wants."  And the second was, "The people who did those things were not True Christians."

I have heard other similar arguments, just as ridiculous and full of denial as those.

• Like 2

If burning and torturing people wasn't truly what god wanted, why did he sit up there expecting everyone to figure it out after having filled the bible with contradictions like "love thy neighbor" vs. "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"? Doesn't seem like he was very motivated to do anything about his precious children being turned into fire fuel, besides hoping the Christians would eventually stumble upon what he really wanted them to do.

• Like 2

If burning and torturing people wasn't truly what god wanted, why did he sit up there expecting everyone to figure it out after having filled the bible with contradictions like "love thy neighbor" vs. "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"? Doesn't seem like he was very motivated to do anything about his precious children being turned into fire fuel, besides hoping the Christians would eventually stumble upon what he really wanted them to do.

And how many Christians were killed by other Christians?

Catholics vs. Protestants

Calivinists vs. Arminians

Christian Rwandan tribe vs. Christian Rwandan tribe

• Like 2

hockeyfan: I upvoted your post partly because that's true, and also because I like your avatar.

Anyway, back to Christian atrocities.

• Like 1

I've been thinking a lot about Christian colonialism and missionaries who go into a foreign country and make the inhabitants conform to their tradition, their culture. Even one of my favorite movies The Mission shows how Jesuits would come to a tribe and christianize them and how they would make the tribe wear clothes and stuff. 

Do they still do that? I'm from a missionary-focused denomination, but I never researched what exactly they do.

Do they still do that? I'm from a missionary-focused denomination, but I never researched what exactly they do.

As far as making "savages" less savage, I don't think as much as back then. And I can't speak for other countries, but American missionaries bringing Western/American Christianity to non-American countries has to be rampant.