Goodbye Jesus

Windfall...

Ellinas

The church to which I still wend my way with Mrs E seems to have had a bit of luck.

An old lady who has not seen the inside of the building for several decades has died, leaving several tens of thousands of pounds to the church.  Double that amount has gone to related Christian organisations.

I believe that there may be family, who presumably have not seen a single bean.  Still, I know insufficient of the family circumstances to comment.  Though I don't like the situation of the executors being from the self-same church.  Not surprised, however.

I now look forward to the disagreements over the use of this money - between those who will want to give it all to missionaries and those who want to renew the windows.

The one thing I can guarantee is that it will be spent on nothing of any consequence or be put to any really good use - a point upon which Mrs E did not disagree.  It's just a question of how much vitriol it stirs up in the decision making.  Hopefully, enough to be entertaining...

Reminds me of an occasion several years ago where the wife's church (Quaker) tried to bring me into their financial committee. I went to two meetings to test the water and holy crap what a bunch of incessantly bickering frivolous dimwits that was. The funny thing is after 5 years they still spend buttloads of cash on this community outreach centered on welfare families, they have about 30 or so families participating..................... and not a one attends services.