Goodbye Jesus

Catholics Against South Park

Wertbag

In New Zealand we've just had the South Park episode with the bleeding statue of the virgin mary on it. The catholic groups wrote to the TV channel, complained to government and generally ranted and raved to anyone who would listen about how terrible this show was.

Normally South Park gets between 40-50 thousand viewers, last nights show got 220 thousand. The protesting was the best advertising they'd ever had....

Personally I thought the parallel story about the alcoholics anonimous was funnier than the bleeding statue. Its not like South Park pick on any religion in particular, they have poked fun at Mormons, christians, jews, muslims and now catholics.

We had a similar thing in the past where a local artist put a statue of mary in a condom, and put it on display as art. Meant to poke fun at the churches campaign against contraception, but it stirred up a hornets nest of protest with people marching on the art gallery and ranting on about it on TV. Chances are if no one mentioned it it would have been ignored by the vast majority of the population. As it was it ended up on every news program and in every paper...

Tell 'em to rent the South Park movie and STFU.

Hopefully they'll get it. And if not, fuck em.

What, I can't say 'fuck'? Well, to quote one of the stars of the movie, Eric Cartman,

"Why? It doesn't hurt anybody. Fuck, fuckity fuck-fuck-fuck."

I liked that episode! And I thought the AA thing was funnier too.

I assume catholics in New Zealand have on/off switches on their televisions also.

Sounds like recent events here is the US. A lot of fundys and catholics got their

panties in a bind over a new show called "The Book of Daniel". Show about a

priest who was a pill popper and his son was gay. The spineless network cancelled it

after I think a week. I was mad because I had missed watching the show.

I guess here in America when someone goes to buy a television, the first question

a salesman asks is what the customer's religion is. If they answer that they are

of a fundy sect or catholic, then it is explained to them that they must purchase a

model without the on/off function. Therefore they must screw with my viewing choices

since they cannot turn their's off when offended. The TV model that has the channel

changing option cost a little extra and that would just take too much out of tithing.

I live in NZ too but I don't watch South Park cos it has no subtitles.

I did watch the Movie on DVD and I liked it.

What glee!

I liked that episode! And I thought the AA thing was funnier too.

I assume catholics in New Zealand have on/off switches on their televisions also.

Sounds like recent events here is the US. A lot of fundys and catholics got their

panties in a bind over a new show called "The Book of Daniel". Show about a

priest who was a pill popper and his son was gay. The spineless network cancelled it

after I think a week. I was mad because I had missed watching the show.

I guess here in America when someone goes to buy a television, the first question

a salesman asks is what the customer's religion is. If they answer that they are

of a fundy sect or catholic, then it is explained to them that they must purchase a

model without the on/off function. Therefore they must screw with my viewing choices

since they cannot turn their's off when offended. The TV model that has the channel

changing option cost a little extra and that would just take too much out of tithing.

No shit - we should start a charity drive to supply fundies with remote controls. What joy - they'll actually be able to start changing the channels to avoid indecency! Glory!

In fact, CanWest who is owner of C4 told Catholic peole to turn off their TVs and went ahead with screening it.

All this hub-bub over cartoons lately... :Wendywhatever:

Yeah, really - people have nothing better to complain about.

Then again, that's a big part of what keeps Xianity going - complaining. If there were no sin and devil to fight against, what would the majority of active Xians do? There have to be devils around every corner or else the world has been lulled into a state of complacency, which is just another trick of the devil.

Xians are just one more hypersensitive special-interest group, I've come to believe. Everything offends them and everything must be regulated or banned if it conflicts with their established view of the world. They harp about "freedom" and whatnot, but don't practice it when it comes down to brass tacks and whether or not they feel people have the right to do as they will, if they harm none.

It's nothing more than whining about another sacred cow being taken to the hamburger factory :loser:

All this hub-bub over cartoons lately... :Wendywhatever:

Yeah, really - people have nothing better to complain about.

Then again, that's a big part of what keeps Xianity going - complaining. If there were no sin and devil to fight against, what would the majority of active Xians do? There have to be devils around every corner or else the world has been lulled into a state of complacency, which is just another trick of the devil.

Xians are just one more hypersensitive special-interest group, I've come to believe. Everything offends them and everything must be regulated or banned if it conflicts with their established view of the world. They harp about "freedom" and whatnot, but don't practice it when it comes down to brass tacks and whether or not they feel people have the right to do as they will, if they harm none.

It's nothing more than whining about another sacred cow being taken to the hamburger factory :loser:

You know whoever is complaining about things like cartoons must have a pretty sweet life. I mean think about it, most people have bigger shit to worry about rather than something as assinine as a fucking television show... must be nice to have their life if that's the biggest thing going... know what i mean?

You know whoever is complaining about things like cartoons must have a pretty sweet life. I mean think about it, most people have bigger shit to worry about rather than something as assinine as a fucking television show... must be nice to have their life if that's the biggest thing going... know what i mean?

Gotta love the control the government & wealthy have on the populus when they have us quibbling over cartoons.

:eek: great use of their time isn't it? quibbling over cartoons. i mean, let's face it, there's nothing going on in the world that's all that big is there...