Goodbye Jesus

Lets Hope That This Doesn't Spread To Other States

Guest Pagan Chris

Guest Pagan Chris

I am not sure if I am putting this in the right forum, but I came across this article today and was quite alarmed.

Granted, South Carolina I am sure already had a large fundy population, but now there is a movement to make it a "fundy" state. Scarryyyyyy

I really hope this doesn't spread to other states....

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article....222074809990044

:eek:

I have a feeling it may. I really don't want to move, but I will if MN turns even fundier than it already is.

So much for the pilgrims crossing the ocean to gain religious freedom.

Yeah. Thems the REAL Paetrioats!

Theys are follow the LAWRD!

Hells wit dat Consteetution thingy.

Just remember, it only takes one dessenter to collapse their little house of cards. Constitutional seperation of church and state takes precedence over state laws, just as (yes I know this wasn't the main reason for the war) emancipation of the slaves by federal mandate took precedence over states rights! They can strive all they want to, but if non-Christians put up a fight, it's all over, however I say let them have SC, let's ship all the Christ Cultists there and live without their hypocrisy - Heimdall :yellow:

I am not sure if I am putting this in the right forum, but I came across this article today and was quite alarmed.

Granted, South Carolina I am sure already had a large fundy population, but now there is a movement to make it a "fundy" state. Scarryyyyyy

I really hope this doesn't spread to other states....

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article....222074809990044

:eek:

Okay. Trust me when I say this. This will not happen for long. Just trust me. Let me just say, that the world is shifting and don't worry, there's no room for fundie states.

It's ridiculous. Stupid. And definitely a violation of the First Amendment and the Constitution -- The passage, "There must be a wall of division between church and state."

It's a fad. Like the pet rock and Hitler.

I live about a mile from Bob Jones University. As weird and fundamentalist as they are, many of them are wary of the Christian Exodus movement and have been quoted saying as much in the local media.

Plus, there are enough of us free-thinkers to stir things up and keep it from happening.

the truth is most xians want to blame global warming on some kind of sign of the second coming of christ. which i find amusing because if they had been concerned about the environment in the past - even the xians - they would have stopped using things that were slowly but methodicallly destroying the environment -- yet, another of God's creations. they seem to forget this -- most conveniently -- and opt for the spectacular vision of a second coming - the end of the world - yadda yadda yadda.

the fact that these 'xian states' cropping up is no surprise. they (the xians) believe that if they ban together they will survive the big change. but fact is, they were a contributing factor - each and every one of them - to the changes in the weather patterns.

just amazing how things that are born of science can be spun into this big 'christ' plan. they have the ability to spin anything into this plan... which is ridiculous and shows they probably still believe the world is flat. i mean, shit, maps are flat so the world must be, too.

all i can say is christ on a fuckin' crutch! :ugh:

I don't mean to make fun of people's looks, but why is it that when ever they show a picture of a fundy family, my mind screams Stepford family? They're all uber clean-cut, usually WASPy/Aryan-looking, and have that Full House-type of sweetness to them. Even the wife has that poofy hair.

I don't mean to make fun of people's looks, but why is it that when ever they show a picture of a fundy family, my mind screams Stepford family? They're all uber clean-cut, usually WASPy/Aryan-looking, and have that Full House-type of sweetness to them. Even the wife has that poofy hair.

Don't forget the kid-every-year rule. 14kids.jpg

seriously. I was just going to add - what do you thnk the odds are that at least two of those kids are being molested?

That's just creepy how the daughters all look alike.

however I say let them have SC, let's ship all the Christ Cultists there and live without their hypocrisy -

I think it could prove to be a very interesting experiment. What do you think would actually happen, having such a judgemental group all together in one spot? It would be amusing to watch them come to an agreement on anything...

Lets just hope that the women won't be forced to wear berkas, and the girls will be allowed to go to school, children will know about evolution, and all given the insight that snakes really do not talk... :o

however I say let them have SC, let's ship all the Christ Cultists there and live without their hypocrisy -

I think it could prove to be a very interesting experiment. What do you think would actually happen, having such a judgemental group all together in one spot? It would be amusing to watch them come to an agreement on anything...

Lets just hope that the women won't be forced to wear berkas, and the girls will be allowed to go to school, children will know about evolution, and all given the insight that snakes really do not talk... :o

I'm willing to bet that they won't teach evolution in the schools and they will teach literal creationism. I had to go to a Lutheran school through 6th grade. We were taught that evolution was TeH Ev1L!!!!1! It wasn't until I went to a public Junior High that I learned anything about it.

Forget that. I want to know how they got all of them looking at the camera at the same time, and all with smiles/pleasant expressions on their faces!! :twitch:

Forget that. I want to know how they got all of them looking at the camera at the same time, and all with smiles/pleasant expressions on their faces!! :twitch:

The father probably put the fear of god (or his belt) into them. And for god's sake, my little sister wouldn't wear that kind of get-up when she was four let alone as a teenager. Are these folks from some polygamous cult or what? :twitch:

Whoa. That pic is just....scary. :twitch:

Is it just me, or do all the girls have kind of a worried/haunted look on their faces, behind the smiles? (Look around the eyes...)

I always thought that particular family was sickeningly Walton Mountain sweet.

Bleah!

I was thinking more in the lines of a frontal labotomy myself. As for the girls, it's kinda hard to see their eyes (at least for me.) I remember Landover Baptist was going to do a reality show where a bunch of fundies would have to live on a compound, following the rules of the bible to the letter (including the Leviticus laws). Too bad they never went through with it.

Their smiles seem to say "Resistance is futile."

Whoa. That pic is just....scary. :twitch:

Wanna be scared more? http://www.jimbob.info/pictures.htm

What's with it about dressing everybody alike? Kind of like "Christian Family Boot Camp"?

They probably think it's cute. I think it's yet another symptom of a cult that wants to make everyone into mindless clones.

Yes, they do look frighteningly similar. Or do they? The lack of ruddy skin here suggests that for 2 years this family had an olive-complected mailman.

14kids.jpg

You know what's funny? They say that they believe the federal government is overstepping its boundries, right? But if enough states were suduced by the Dumb Side then they would totally try to force the federal government to make the (then) minority states conform to their chrsitian laws too. Or if the federal government were to completely ban abortion, they would celebrate it as a victory for god.

Fucking hypocrites.