Goodbye Jesus

"You'll Know When It Happens."

-Demona-

My godmother Cynthia came down with my godfather John for my birthday on Tuesday. Dinner was good, and the waiters at the restaurant we ate at even came out with a candle in my cheesecake slice and singing happy birthday. So that was fun.

Something's that really stuck out in my brain about that day that wasn't so pleasant was that "aunt" Cynthia gave my mom a very large painting of Jesus carrying a child while walking on a beach. (Remember the "Footprints in the Sand" poem? She said it was a visualization of that poem.) She also insisted that it was to be hung prominently in our home.

Mom already has a much smaller picture (roughly an 8x10) of the Virgin Mary over the fireplace, which I'm totally ok with. I just see the VM as a alteration of the Goddess archetype. But this picture Aunt Cyn gave us was bigger than my computer chair!

She then told me, "You need it especially. It will give you strength." When I asked when and what for, her vague response was "You'll know when it happens."

And did I mention that she's purported to be psychic? So why isn't she sensitive enough to get that I'm no longer a Christian and actually be cool with it? *sigh* I went to a Greek Orthodox church service out of respect for her and her family (particularly her deceased father, Gus, who was like a grandfather to me). So why not show the same respect for me?

And furthermore, if something bad is going to happen that I should know about, "you'll know when it happens" is an absolutely crap answer. :ugh:

Ah yes.......by throwing out that "you'll know when it happens." she takes credit for foreknowledge of any significant event that happens in your life. With no time limit!

And since people's lives are FULL of significant events....her "psychic" abilities are 100% accurate! So obviously you should listen to everything she says NOW because someday, "something" is going to happen. :jerkit:

Bong fulla that asskicking cheescake this morning will chase the demons out of your Aunt's thinking processes.. ;)

Have'r light up and get a good sugar high,and she'll see some pretty cool colors and visions as the assorted parts of smoked confection hit her lungs.

*So I heard*.. :)

Not much you can do with the well intended gift giver ED.. Take painting in the spirit in which it is given, then have it adorn the basement or the grarage walls.

That and the neat sharp dart set I'll send ya, eyes are an exceptional "50 pointer" target!

kevinL

Hehe... dart practice. Sounds like a plan to me. ;)

Although, on the bright side, she also claims I'll win the lottery. (I'll believe that one when it happens.)

Worst part of it though is that, while I love her dearly, she's got a serious persecution complex and tends to think she's right most, if not all the time. Honestly, I'd rather not get into an emotional scene with her, so I tend to clam up. So if I told her I found the gift choice to be in poor taste, she'd take it a very wrong way...

Worst part of it though is that, while I love her dearly, she's got a serious persecution complex and tends to think she's right most, if not all the time. Honestly, I'd rather not get into an emotional scene with her, so I tend to clam up. So if I told her I found the gift choice to be in poor taste, she'd take it a very wrong way...

That sounds like most fundamentalists. They have to be really. Because the second any doubt creeps in they're screwed.

As for the dart board, 100 pts for the eyes, 150 for the nose. 200 if your picture has a cross on it & you hit that.

As for the dart board, 100 pts for the eyes, 150 for the nose. 200 if your picture has a cross on it & you hit that.

How much if he hits the kid? :grin:

Seriously though, if it's going to cause a huge deal between you and your "aunt" I'd just grin and bare it.

:wicked:

Seriously though, if it's going to cause a huge deal between you and your "aunt" I'd just grin and bare it.

:wicked:

Uh.....

Is stripping in front of a fundie aunt really a good idea? :scratch:

"Hey thanks for the Jezzuz pic Auntie! Hold on.....I got something for you too...." :moon:

I know, I realized how that sounded after the fact...either way, there would probably be resolution! ;)

Ah yes.......by throwing out that "you'll know when it happens." she takes credit for foreknowledge of any significant event that happens in your life. With no time limit!

And since people's lives are FULL of significant events....her "psychic" abilities are 100% accurate! So obviously you should listen to everything she says NOW because someday, "something" is going to happen. :jerkit:

Good point WR. Lots of psychics use generalizations like that, so they can take credit for predicting whatever "It" was.

How much if he hits the kid? :grin:

Umm... just so you know, Skankboy, I'm actually a girl. (I know, I know. Gender neutral names can be horrible in determining a poster's sex.)

And as for the stripping part... LOL! :lmao: