Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Xtians Feel Persecuted When They Are The Perpetrators Of Most Violence?

jrmarlin

I am very curious as to why Xtians feel persecuted when a lion's share of historical violence has been done in the name of Christ? Most Xtians frown on anything they deem is "deviant" in lifestyle, belief systems etc. So what gives? :brutal_01:

This just does not make any sense. If they are perpetrating most of the violence, how are they the victims? :battle:

These Xtian cults really like to play the victim to the hilt......Perhaps Xtianity should get off the proverbial cross and give jesus a turn? :jesus:

These Xtian cults really like to play the victim to the hilt......Perhaps Xtianity should get off the proverbial cross and give jesus a turn? :jesus:

Because that's one of the tools of keeping their flimsy faith in tact.

You have to hold onto whatever glimmer of hope you can. And the idea that you're persecuted gives them a twisted comfort that they're suffering for the good of mankind.

When in fact, Christians have rarely been the ones persecuted. More often than not, they've had the upper hand in the persecution chain.

Heck, when you think of it, there's was a minor 100-200 year period where they were supposedly persecuted (which in the grand scheme was really light because the Romans were actually very lenient with them). After that, Constantine gave them free reign, and they've been messing things up from the top ever since.

You have to hold onto whatever glimmer of hope you can. And the idea that you're persecuted gives them a twisted comfort that they're suffering for the good of mankind.

When in fact, Christians have rarely been the ones persecuted. More often than not, they've had the upper hand in the persecution chain.

Heck, when you think of it, there's was a minor 100-200 year period where they were supposedly persecuted (which in the grand scheme was really light because the Romans were actually very lenient with them). After that, Constantine gave them free reign, and they've been messing things up from the top ever since.

Very true indeed. I just have always found this "persecution" thing just a little over the top given what history actually dictates.

One Xtian tried to tell me that all those killings really weren't religious related. Witches in particular. I just had to laugh at them -- right to their face because it was such a idiotic statement I coulnd't contain myself. :fun:

I guess they enjoy the pity :party: !

Guest God's Prosecutor

jrmarlin:

American Christians feel persecuted for basically the same reasons that German Nazi's felt persecuted. I now invoke Godwin's law on myself and declare defeat.

jrmarlin's avatar:

Hey. What's up?

the Stay Puff Marshmello Man:

gb04.jpg

I am very curious as to why Xtians feel persecuted when a lion's share of historical violence has been done in the name of Christ? Most Xtians frown on anything they deem is "deviant" in lifestyle, belief systems etc. So what gives? :brutal_01:

This just does not make any sense. If they are perpetrating most of the violence, how are they the victims? :battle:

jrmarlin ...

Great topic ... yesterday my husband and I came home to find a pamphlet in our door titled: What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality

The damned thing was laced with persecution language :vent:

These idiots live in a country controlled by the most extreme elements of Christianity. The highest court in the land just had an extremely conservative judge put on the bench. And still they put out this pamphlet whining about how they are "forced" to live in a country where "every state of our nation" will have to accept that people "who engagge in homosexual acts should be allowed to 'marry' each other."

These very same people go up to our local school and march around with banners (huge banners) saying "Homosexuality is a sin, not a lifestyle". They hand out simple - easy to read and geared at children - brochures to our young people walking to class (I'm talking kids from grades 4 through highschool).

They've been doing this at least once a year for 5 years. Ever since our highschool had an openly gay student. He graduated 4 years ago ... but they come every year and stand accross from the highschool on public property spewing their hate.

Now ... who do you think is more "persecuted".

1. The original openly-gay student.

2. His friends and family who stood by him while he finished highschool.

3. Our highschool and its students who are still getting these visits 5 years after it all started and 4 years after this student graduated.

OR

The fricken fundies doing all this????? :vent:

jrmarlin:

American Christians feel persecuted for basically the same reasons that German Nazi's felt persecuted. I now invoke Godwin's law on myself and declare defeat.

jrmarlin's avatar:

Hey. What's up?

the Stay Puff Marshmello Man:

gb04.jpg

There is nothing with my avatar. I like my avatar. Don't you?

And yes, we should pray to the stay puff marshmello man -- he died for our sins....

jrmarlin ...

Great topic ... yesterday my husband and I came home to find a pamphlet in our door titled: What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality

The damned thing was laced with persecution language :vent:

These idiots live in a country controlled by the most extreme elements of Christianity. The highest court in the land just had an extremely conservative judge put on the bench. And still they put out this pamphlet whining about how they are "forced" to live in a country where "every state of our nation" will have to accept that people "who engagge in homosexual acts should be allowed to 'marry' each other."

These very same people go up to our local school and march around with banners (huge banners) saying "Homosexuality is a sin, not a lifestyle". They hand out simple - easy to read and geared at children - brochures to our young people walking to class (I'm talking kids from grades 4 through highschool).

They've been doing this at least once a year for 5 years. Ever since our highschool had an openly gay student. He graduated 4 years ago ... but they come every year and stand accross from the highschool on public property spewing their hate.

3. Our highschool and its students who are still getting these visits 5 years after it all started and 4 years after this student graduated.

OR

My point exactly... Now I wanna hear how you really feel!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the xians when you need answers to questions like this one... Are they like god... and absente landlord -- (Thank you Al Pacino, the Devil's Advocate) :Hmm:

OR

My point exactly... Now I wanna hear how you really feel!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you're getting at jrmarlin. How I really feel should have come across in my original post. :shrug:

Do you need some clarification. :shrug:

Not sure what you're getting at jrmarlin. How I really feel should have come across in my original post. :shrug:

Do you need some clarification. :shrug:

JrMarlin was making an ironic joke. We do it at work here all the time. A co-worker will be venting their ass off, clearly irate......and when their steam is blown off, someone will say in a lighthearted way.

Well <Bob>, why not tell us how you really feel?

JrMarlin was making an ironic joke. We do it at work here all the time. A co-worker will be venting their ass off, clearly irate......and when their steam is blown off, someone will say in a lighthearted way.

Well <Bob>, why not tell us how you really feel?

:lmao:

Oh ... Duh ... :Doh:

Well ... people like to tease me that I'm always the last one to get the joke. ;)

:lmao:

Exactly... they feel persecuted largely because their leaders are telling them that they are being persecuted. This keeps the ignorant masses excited and, more importantly, keeps them donating large amounts of money to fight the war against satan.

<heavy sigh>

Its amazing that for people who claim they are so full of love are in reality so full of hate and violence. Hypocrisy at its finest. I love it. How can you know feel sorry for these poor ignorant people...living a life of fear, damnation and hate. :jesus:

Just amazing indeed.

Just something that's been bugging me for awhile....

It's Stay Puft

:lmao::nono::lmao:

It's Stay Puft

Thanks...I hadn't realized I made a typo -- Thanks for pointing that out to me... :kiss:

Stay Puft will be back when the system cache clears! So for now, you all will just have to read the advertisement for Glo-In-The-Dark Plastic Jesus Lawn Ornaments! :jesus:

It's Stay Puft

Don't shake your finger at me little Mister or Missy. I'll have to get me cat o' nine tails out and give you a good whippin'.... :vent::Doh::dance:

There's a self fulfilling prophecy at work here on the persecution theme: Jesus (I think) or one of those NT dudes wrote that believers would be persecuted for their beliefs. Then they act like assholes to everyone, self righteousness galore, and guess what? Duh. :49: People treat 'em badly.

Well hullloooooooo there! No big surprise. I heard this all the time in church: "Whaaaa! I told the sinners at work they shouldn't drink and do dope and have sex, and then they all turned on me! Whaaaa! I'm being persecuted for Jezzusah." Followed up w/ the prayer group "comforting" this dork w/ "oh you poor guy. You stood up for righteousness and they spat on you."

God I hated that even when I was a believer.

Of course, I'm totally against sectarian violence, like the churches and mosques being attacked in the Middle East, but there is a whole hell lotta whining done by all religious people on this. Muslims and Jews do it, too. Blech. :beg:

A thought hit me as I was out and about today... Perhaps the elders in Xianity use this persecution ploy in order to gain control over the congrugations. I would think this would be a good way being that people are like dogs in the essence that they are "pack animals" -- safety in numbers. If Xians believe they are being persecuted, then they will gang up together -- as they perceive themselves the underdog -- the victim if you will.

Interesting psychology. Only works on weak minded individuals though..much like the other cults that crop up.

Sad how a person would allow their human spirit to be taken over by someone else. Pathetic actually!

It's one of the things I hate most about Xianity, and it always pisses me off no matter what religion (or race or ethinc group or whatever) does it, and that's whine endlessly about how no one understands them and everyone is out to get them :vent::vent::vent:

I know that when I was Xian, I was all about how eeevil modern society was doing nothing but persecuting us poor wittle Xians. Everything was persecution; every question put to the faith (especially the ones there were no easy answers for), every act of dismissal of Xianity, every word of fed-up frustration spoken against it was some form of Satan-driven persecution that heralded the *trumpet fanfare* End Times ™.

Basically, as has been said, it's mainly because of the Babble that Xians think they are sooo persecuted. They think the whole world is against them because some old book said it would be. Well, of course it said that - perhaps the author was suffering from delusions of grandeur when he wrote it? Typical paranoid delusions; we eat and breathe Jesus and the sin-obsessed world will hate us for it. Studying the history of Xian persecution claims could make one interesting college course - and it could be linked it to how everyone else from this religion or that whines about persecution. What a field day for a psych professor.

It's all about the insidiousness of taking up the mantle of victimhood in order to justify themselves. It's how they make themselves feel good about what they are, since everywhere they go their cult is hated.

It's Stay Puft

Don't shake your finger at me little Mister or Missy. I'll have to get me cat o' nine tails out and give you a good whippin'.... :vent::Doh::dance:

I'm a Missy but....is that a promise? :HaHa::grin: I wanna feel persecuted!

It's Stay Puft

I'm a Missy but....is that a promise? :HaHa::grin: I wanna feel persecuted!

:lmao::lmao: Thanks for giving me the first smile I've had all day!

I think some feel that persecution somehow validates their beliefs as being "truth" or whatever. In the bible there are versus that say beause Jesus was persecuted, his followers would be as well. But I don't know that it is entirely fair to say that individual X cannot feel persecuted in situation Y because individuals A, B and C persecuted someone else in situation D. When people make a claim that their group as a whole is being persecuted is one thing. But when one person makes a claim that they feel persecuted is different.

Plus being persecuted is totally in right now.