Goodbye Jesus

Wilting Sideways Looks..

nivek

YoooooKay....

Having never failed to have a resposnible answer to the questioners on *faith*, having never attended local *services*, elBeasto and I attend the worshipful Services for Practical oddiments of Lead Tossing and Accuracy in Honor of John Moses Browning most Sundays, we don't have a frackin' clue what "Acquire the Fire" is...

Half of Beasties Karate class is going to this even in Spokane, Wa this weekend. Most of the Civics class (or whatthefuckEVER its called these PC daze) he is in are somekind of evanHELLIcalz going to this affair of gohWd.

Yesterday I am at a Doc's appointment, finish up, see one of the young ladies with whom Beastie is going to DC with. Greet her, ask how she is doing, and in return she says "I need to get well, my sister (twins, and VERY pretty, super smart, good kids) and I are going to "Acquire the Fire!!!" this weekend in Spokane!!!!

(Whoop-de-frackin'-do, thinks I)

Now from what I've heard, Beastie has made no bones about being a non-believer, had quite a few decent discussions and lunchtime arguments with the twins and and flock of hangers-on from the religious camps at SkuLLe.

For as much as the assorted kids have tried, they have yet to be able to convince him to *switch*.

I know the twins have been frustrated, word travels quickly, kel being library director at public here, gets to hear tons of the assorted *word on the street* gossip.. :)

Anyway, while taking to the young lady, her step-dad, one of the raving fundy-lunar-tics, one of those in the past who were gonna harm my *witches*, looks over at me and says with this rather cute looking sharp eyed look and says:

"I don't care for any ATHIEST talking to MY DAUGHTER!"

Looked back up at him, gave him the patented mean_old_man squint and simply grinned..

"Bubba, you sure looked like a little girl pissing her pink panties when the Rotties and my shotgun were aimed in your general direction."

"Remember that when you run your gums that you'd oughta have the balls to back up what your pea brain is thinking."

"Been nothing but considerate to your wife and her kids. You tho, I wouldn't piss on your face if your teeth were on fire."

As I walked off his red face glowered,pissant wouldn't look me in the face.. Only thing I was was his beady eyes looking at me sideways..

On his T-shirt? "I WORK ON COMISSION!" "THE GREAT COMMISION!"

Lubba-luvva 'dem fundies..

kL

So they found out because he didn't want to go to AtF? Did I get that right?

I went when I was in high school... it was a huge production. Lights, bands, and lots of emotional crap. Your typical Christian high school retreat... stupid. Abstinence pledges, giving your life to Jesus, etc etc...

If I were that guy with the retarded commission shirt on, I would have been shaking in my boots. ;) I bet they know not to fuck with dafatman! :):)

Anyway, while taking to the young lady, her step-dad, one of the raving fundy-lunar-tics, one of those in the past who were gonna harm my *witches*, looks over at me and says with this rather cute looking sharp eyed look and says:

"I don't care for any ATHIEST talking to MY DAUGHTER!"

:)Kevin, I hope this doesn't effect your son and his daughter's friendship. Sounds like his daughter could use a friend like your son.

If he would of said that to me, I'd have been tempted to say, "Why not? Obviously we're not as rude as fundamentalist Christians."

However, being a female.... I couldn't get away with what you can. <_<