Goodbye Jesus

Ponderings

Mad Ethel Rakem

Okay, oI'm not sure how coherent this is going to sound, as I just punched it out and I don't have the most logical thought process. But I was pondering about this particular topic and realized something. The bible is supposed to be God’s word, right? Then why do Christians follow Paul’s advise? I mean, he wasn’t a deity, was he? Wasn’t Jesus in disguise? So why follow what he said? Or any of the others for that matter? I mean, one guy says he met a god and now everyone has to listen to him because he must be right? Just because some other guy added his little tale--sometimes hundreds of years after the fact--into the tome we call the bible? Even when what he says seems a little shady compared to what the Jesus said (or supposedly did)?

Any of the Christians floating around this site want to take a shot at this?

It’s one of the many things I don’t get and yet another thing that strips credulity from the religion.

Good topic, Mad Ethel.

I'm not an expert by any means, so I won't say much here. Back in my xian days, even though I didn't read the buybull much, I definitely felt that the sayings of Jebus and the writings of Paul contradicted each other and I wasn't fond of Paul's teachings. I thought he was a jerk.

I'd say it's because the 12 apostles were with christ and when the apostles would manifest the same attitude and miracles christ did everyone would say," He was with christ"

So people would assume that whatever the apostles taught, it was what christ taught them.

"He was with christ" turned into " he is like christ" and that's where the term "christian" come from, or so I am led to believe.

So at the beginning everyone followed christ's teaching and when he departed everyone followed the apostle's teaching because they resembled christ in attitude and action. They were trusted to be teaching exactly what christ had taught them and then came the holy spirit to teach the church after christ's assension.

This is why people sit in pews and follow what the pastor teaches, which is silly because even the apostles warned the early church to check everything that people say because wolves were already infiltrating the church and teaching contrary to what christ taught them.

The church we see now doesn't even come close to what the church was like in the apostles days.

It's the main reason I left the church culture.

But I was pondering about this particular topic and realized something. The bible is supposed to be God’s word, right? Then why do Christians follow Paul’s advise?

Because without Christian theology would fall flat.

Three fantastic article which exposes Paul as a apostate, when compared to the OT.

Three Key Elements Used In Doctrine Creation(book of Hebrews

The New revised Covenant Of Christianity

Turning Christianity Into The Word Of God(Book of Acts)

The bible is supposed to be God’s word, right? Then why do Christians follow Paul’s advise? I mean, he wasn’t a deity, was he? Wasn’t Jesus in disguise? So why follow what he said? Or any of the others for that matter?

Yeah, one fundy I know told me to start studying the Bible by reading Corinthians and Romans, which were of course Paul's letters. Come to think of it, is there any actual evidence that Paul even existed?

Yeah, one fundy I know told me to start studying the Bible by reading Corinthians and Romans, which were of course Paul's letters. Come to think of it, is there any actual evidence that Paul even existed?

I think there is an considerable evidence for Paul. He could be the Benny Hinn of his days.

If you read his writings, Paul did not think that Jesus was god. He always addressed Jesus and God seperately.