Goodbye Jesus

The Chinese Take On Violence

Heimdall

When I was a young airman, I served as a military translator in the Chinese dialect of Mandarin. On one trip to Taiwan, I was touring the area around Shu Lin Kou (the American Air Base) with a Chinese friend. Going through a market area, we noticed two men arguing extremely loudly. After a few minutes, I made the comment, “If that was Americans, fists would be flying by now.” My Chinese friend looked a me and laughed, “We believe that the first person to resort to violence, shows the falseness of his argument!” If you think that way, then the first time the Christian religion resorted to violence to convert other peoples or to destroy contending religions, it showed the falsehood of it’s dogma! The same could be said of Islam also, since it too has used (and continues to use) violence in support of its beliefs! Do you think that I have a valid point, or is there something that I am missing here? - Heimdall :yellow:

Nope, you've got it right on I think.

:woohoo::notworthy::notworthy::woohoo::17:

It's too bad that is not the dominant philosphy in the world. Unfortunately it seems that all too often, might makes right.

This is why we descendants of the Divine Yellow Dragon Emperor are inherently superior to you pasty white devils. =P

white devils

You mean "bei guei".... :yellow:

hey punk, I'm not pasty in the slightest.