Goodbye Jesus

Domino's Founder Wants To Create Catholic Town

Guest Pagan Chris

JESUS CHRIST ALREADY!!

The bastard sold it in '98. Thanks bunches for helping my job out.

>_<

Florida heh? Maybe God will strike those Mary-worshippers down with a hurricane or ten. :scratch:

Used to like Domino's pizza for some wierd reason. till I found out about its owner giving prolifers support. never been able to stomach it since.

just sticking with pizza hut. prefer frozen Totino's though.

I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

(Props to James Cameron for the screenplay of "Aliens" for that'un.)

Heh... I never actually paid attention to this, but it's such a riot. Sad to think that I'd have really been all up for this a few years ago, but now I just point and laugh. Even my Catholic parents think it's silly; my father just shook his head, citied how restrictive this Catholitropolis wants to be with laws against this and that, and said it'll never get off the ground.

Can't help but agree with dear ol' dad on this one. Why is it the more money people have, the more they waste it on the most moronic of things? :shrug:

When I do get pizza (which is rarely), I usually buy frozen because it's less greasy and I know the amount of calories I'm eating. I eat pizza about once a month, if that. So I still wouldn't touch Domino's.

When we discover how to colonize other planets, we should strongly encourage all the fundies to take a spaceship and go to a galaxy far, far away.

"We're not trying to create a city with walls around it that isolates from the world," Marinelli said.

damn the luck

When we discover how to colonize other planets, we should strongly encourage all the fundies to take a spaceship and go to a galaxy far, far away.

Better yet, maybe we could convince them that it is a great idea to just fly their ship into a star.

Pizza Magnate Modifies Plans for Fla. Town

Apparently he is backtracking now and trying not to appear so fundy. But I highly doubt that non-Christians would be truly welcome in a town like that. On the surface, perhaps, but not in reality.

Better yet, maybe we could convince them that it is a great idea to just fly their ship into a star.

Just pretend you had a divine inspiration in the form of a dream or something. A good chunk of them would probably take you seriously.

I only have one last thing to add to this tread. It's plain and simple.

gallery_1297_57_10531.jpg

Enough said...

That dude sold Dominoes in 1998, so he won't be losing anything if you don't eat there all of a sudden.

It also isn't the first time a town has been created to be a community for a certain religion (though he's retracting that it is indeed that). In 2001 there was a community in Iowa built for Hindus. It's quite high tech and earth friendly. They even have their own currency that is traded along side the dollar.

"We're just trying to create an environment where children will be safe on the streets, where they can ride their bikes and play ball in the park," he said. "We're truly just trying to create a town with traditional values."

Hmmm...he says he wants the kids to be safe on the streets,

but he doesn't say anything about kids being safe in

churches.....perhaps this guy's doing some favors for

all of his "lonely" priest friends?

:scratch:

That dude sold Dominoes in 1998, so he won't be losing anything if you don't eat there all of a sudden.

It also isn't the first time a town has been created to be a community for a certain religion (though he's retracting that it is indeed that). In 2001 there was a community in Iowa built for Hindus. It's quite high tech and earth friendly. They even have their own currency that is traded along side the dollar.

That's funny, I haven't heard about the Iowa town and I live in MN. Maybe the press just didn't hype it up as much.

Maybe Mel Gibson will move his ultra-fundy traditionalist Catholic Church there? This project seems right up his alley.

Thanks, BT. Very helpful information. Now to hope people will actually heed it rather than just spout off knee-jerk reactions.

For all that Domino's ain't my favorite place in the world, I have to agree with Java. The job sucks enough as is, we don't need a bunch of folks getting their nethers in a twist over the actions of the man who sold the company almost 10 years ago.

Come in and manage a store for a day, then see how indignant you feel and whether you're still willing to "stick it to the man." If you learn anything, you'll see it's us poor saps working the ovens who are going to take the fall.

The thing that gets me is that this asshole is unwilling to allow but anyone the RCC approved crowd into his utopia village, BUT... he sure didn't seem to have any problems whatsoever taking money from the gays, the Baptists, the Hindus, and all the other "undesirables". Hypocrite. May he rot.

Interesting...do you recall the name of the town, by any chance?

That's funny, I haven't heard about the Iowa town and I live in MN. Maybe the press just didn't hype it up as much.

Or maybe because they don't want all the attention that the

Domino's founder wants. Underneath this guy's pious act is

an enormous ego that is just dying to be stroked. He thinks

he's morally superior to all of us lowly heathens and wants

us to know it.

The thing that gets me is that this asshole is unwilling to allow but anyone the RCC approved crowd into his utopia village, BUT... he sure didn't seem to have any problems whatsoever taking money from the gays, the Baptists, the Hindus, and all the other "undesirables". Hypocrite. May he rot.

I know - isn't that the best part? Goes to show what a flaming hypocrite he is. Anyone can fill the coffers, but as soon as they are full, everyone else except the Chosen™ can go jump. I hope his little town gets to the point where it is ready to be inhabited tomorrow, and then burns to the ground, every last joist.

Enough said...

WELL THANKS SO MUCH FOR NOT READING THE THREAD JACKASS.

Because, you know, OBVIOUSLY I can control what the FORMER FUCKING CEO of my company does. Not as it I'm barely surviving without selfrighteous pricks like yourself helping me out.

The Hindu town in Iowa is Maharishi Vedic City and they welcome visitors and all that. It sounds like a really interesting concept to be honest. But then, the whole earth friendly thing is quite appealing really.

Enough said...

WELL THANKS SO MUCH FOR NOT READING THE THREAD JACKASS.

Because, you know, OBVIOUSLY I can control what the FORMER FUCKING CEO of my company does. Not as it I'm barely surviving without selfrighteous pricks like yourself helping me out.

:nono: Then why don't you go work for Papa John's or Pizza Hut - they pay better, Asshole. Second of all, if you are a reflection of the type of person who works there, then I am triple glad to not pay homage to a company that hires people with a mouth like yours. Why should I help out a fresh-mouthed pesher like yourself...a person who has the audacity to speak to anyone that way in any medium. You need some fucking manners... perhaps you wouldn't be "barely surviving" if you had some.

As for not controlling what your CEO does... well, doll, that's true, you don't... but like I just said, perhaps if you had some manners, you wouldn't be just surviving.

And yes, I did read the tread but also read the Newsweek article regarding this man and his "ideas" and found he embodied a great deal of hypocisy. Something I detest. Mind you, your money and any other Domino's patron from the past is now paying for a city that will not only NOT educate it's young on sex ed, other than abstaining -- but will also REFUSE contraception in drug stores and probably ban abortions just like dear old South Dakota...You think you're barely surviving now? Go live in his little utopia -- get yourself or a girl prego (if you're a guy) and then have to support it with your meager salary. Then we'll see whose the hurtin' puppy then. Follow me?

Have a nice day. :vtffani: