Goodbye Jesus

Wtf?

labratsolo

Ever since I started coming to this site and put up my anti-testimonial, I've had all these effing latent memories come back, especially stupid-ass Christian songs that I haven't thought about for like 12 years, that I suddenly can't get out of my head <_<

Then, earlier this evening, in the fifteen minutes it takes for me to get from Grand Central back to my apartment, I had two people shove tracts in my face! :angry:

The first was from this lady with a really pleasant face, she handed me something on the elevator on the way out of work, when I looked at it said "What Must I Do To Be Saved?" There was no trash can around, so I put it in my pocket. After I got off the train, I was in the subway tunnel waiting for the next train, and I found the tract in my pocket. I disgustedly threw it to the ground... Like two minutes later, some other guy came up to me with a tract!!! :vtffani:

I am so annoyed...

That d0es suck. What specifically caused you to be annoyed? Maybe next time it happens regardless of how sweet that old lady looks tell them what you think about faith in a civil manner.

It happens to us all. For the first time you are in a place where you can truly express how religion has made you feel over the years. When you posted your anti-testimonial, you initiated self "permission" to feel all the feelings the religion and it's followers declared "unacceptable" feelings and emotions.

Right now, the floodgates have been opened, and accordingly there is a flood of repressed emotion connected with all those memories. It will take time to stabilize. There will be days when you feel perfectly fine, and others where you are so angry you wish you could tear the socio-cultural fabric apart with your bare hands.

Days like this, are, I believe the reason behind the Webmaster including a Rants forum. A safe outlet for those feelings, to share and experience with people who feel likewise and understand where you are at.

Don't hold back. The experience is cleansing. And do not worry about appearing like a hot head, the only people who would be offended are the ones unwilling to understand. And the venting will decrease in time.

So feel free to vent a blue streak! It is a valuable outlet as opposed to shrieking obscenities at the next twit to ignorantly hand you a tract (not that I'm saying you'd do that, but you would likely feel like you'd want to).

Well, you know that's how it works with those tract fuckers. You see one and for the next couple of days you get "excuse me, can I talk to you? It'll just take a minute." GRRRR...... They used to come up to me and start yammering in Polish whle I was waiting at the bus stop. Opportunistic assholes.

BTW, speaking of latent memoris associated with faith, I have those all the time.

Try the moralistic approach. As they hand you a tract, look at it briefly, then ask them why they would kill a healthy, living tree for this "old news"? Point to the sky and say, "it's you're fault tree killer!" At least it would you would be taking the power back from them, and maybe giving them a new religion to follow?

I've been lucky and haven't had people shove tracts at me. However, I've had lots of xian music go through my head lately. I have tunes run through my head anyway, usually rock or pop tunes (and that annoying repetitve tune from those Enzyte commercials "This is Bob.." That tune is so damn catchy that I couldn't get it out of my head for three days!) :screams:

:eek: Where was I? Oh yeah. I've had Keith Green songs and praise choruses go through my head the past few weeks, sigh. Must be part of the deprogramming process...

:eek:

It's the Holy Spook trying to bring you back! GLORY!

:eek:

It's the Holy Spook trying to bring you back! GLORY!

:lmao: Damn! Regency beat me to the punch!

It is so "obvious" that "God" is trying to get your attention. "Jesus" loves you and is sending his messengers to convince the wayward sheep to return to the fold.

My advice? Get a restraining order to keep that freak away from you. This constitutes stalking. :lmao:

I had a guy ask me if he could pray for me...I humoured him so he put his hands on my shoulders and started shouting in the middle of the busloop. SHOUTING! Needless to say I got a little embarrassed.

Try the moralistic approach. As they hand you a tract, look at it briefly, then ask them why they would kill a healthy, living tree for this "old news"? Point to the sky and say, "it's you're fault tree killer!" At least it would you would be taking the power back from them, and maybe giving them a new religion to follow?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, though, why can't, just once, the woman with the pleasant face be handing out tracts for a nudie bar or something? Why does it have to be a tract? Whatever happened to good old, reliable, immoral New York? Can't I just for once run into a real life cocaine dealer or someone I'm supposed to encounter in this city, rather than the same fucking Bible thumpers I see everywhere in the suburbs?

Sheesh... :Wendywhatever:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, though, why can't, just once, the woman with the pleasant face be handing out tracts for a nudie bar or something? Why does it have to be a tract? Whatever happened to good old, reliable, immoral New York? Can't I just for once run into a real life cocaine dealer or someone I'm supposed to encounter in this city, rather than the same fucking Bible thumpers I see everywhere in the suburbs?

Sheesh... :Wendywhatever:

Try Vegas.... I got handed an invite to some variation of "Adult Entertainment" every block. Not tract in site... :wicked: