Goodbye Jesus

I'm New

Guest chris 1.0

Guest chris 1.0

I don't want to post a full "testimony" just yet but I'll give a bit of info :

I have been a christian for the past 5 years and was active in ministry the entire time

I pastored a church for a year and a half

in the past 6 months I have slowly began to question my beliefs and now sit at a place where I don't really believe at all.

I'm glad I found these boards and hope they will be a source of information, and support.

thanks,

chris

Welcome to Ex-C Chris. :wave:

I have been a christian for the past 5 years and was active in ministry the entire time

in the past 6 months I have slowly began to question my beliefs and now sit at a place where I don't really believe at all.

I'm glad I found these boards and hope they will be a source of information, and support.

thanks,

chris

Welcome, Chris. Take your time and decompress. Relax, unwind and get to know the folks around here. You're sure to find all sorts to chat with, for either commiseration, play, debate or even a good fight. :grin:

Looking forward to hearing more from your unique (ex-pastor) perspective. (You'll be our third such person within the last few months. :twitch::scratch: )

Anyway, again, welcome and congratulations on being both honest with yourself and being free!

Welcome to Ex-C - I hope this discussion on theses boards helps you become more settled. Don't be afraid to bounce ideas around.

Welcome welcome welcome! :wave:

Chris,

Great to have you here. I look forward to your, I am sure, insighful contributions.

You will feel at home here. This is the first place where I have been able to let my hair down.

TTYL,

Lorena

thanks,

chris

glad to meet you, I spent 5 years working in campus ministry while in college, so I know that can be rough leaving the religion. since your not just leaving the religion but your whole lifestyle and even your way of making a living.

Anyway, I'll just say having not believed for over 3 years now, it does get easier, and eventually we find a new way of living. Anyway, hang around and share :grin:

Welcome, Chris. I'm new, too - I didn't even lurk. This place feels better than a massage.

Hey there,

Welcome.

Do tell us about how exactly you lost your faith, specially since you were a pastor?

Thanks

Guest chris 1.0

Hey there,

Welcome.

Do tell us about how exactly you lost your faith, specially since you were a pastor?

Thanks

I definatly plan on typing this up when I have a good chunk of time to do so. it is a long story.

Welcome Chris and LapDog!!

This is a good fourm and the people here are really nice. I didn't even lurk here either i saw this site once book marked it and came back much later. I have many problems and they have been really helpful. Im sure ull find it as helpful as i have.

PS srry about the chat lingo im on a laptop right now. :)

Greets chris 1.0, I like the tag 1.0, a new person being formed ?

Welcome to Dave's House and ExC.

Good place to get caught up, take a breather, find folks with similar interests, kick back and find out what you need.

Awesome group of personalities and various thoughts happen here. Think you'll find that time spent here is a great way to sort through the parts and pieces of several puzzles you have on the table of life.

C'mon in, pull up a sit and join in.

kevinL

Welcome Chris!

You have definitely found a good group to relax and get some new ideas, bounce around some old ones or whatever. :grin:

I am definitely looking forward to hearing more of your story, I know what you mean about having the time to type something out... I think mine started out as a text file that was updated periodically for a while, before the final "cut and paste" ended up here.

Glad to have you here!

-Gliph

Welcome Chris,

First, I want to commend you on your courage to break the chains of Christianity that have enslaved your mind and I understand how difficult that must have been for you. In a place like this, you will understand that you are not alone. We are here to support and encourage you.

I look forward to reading your story. I know it takes a while to organize your thoughts, so when ever you are ready and have the time to post it we are here.

This is a great forum for ranting and telling others who understand the inner struggles and turmoil that you have or are going through. We discuss the Bible and Christianity a lot here, since it had at one time been a focus of our lives. I'm sure you will enjoy many of our discussions, so feel free to jump right in. We more than welcome your contributions!

Taph

thanks,

chris

:grin: Welcome Chris. It's nice to see that our comments are making an impact on someone. Sometimes when we deal with particular fiesty ones, I wonder if we do get through to someone. I am glad to see we are.

Be prepared to deal with a lot of fundies and drivebys - ie. people who come on here, post a diss and then are never heard from again. It's nature. Perhaps for an Xian its a morbid curiosity or perhaps they, too, question their belief system

Have fun and enjoy. There are some really awesome people here as well as probably one of the most active boards you've ever seen!

Welcome Chris,

I, too, was a minister, for nine years in fact, before defecting. Now I dedicate my efforts to help others recover from the soul-rape of religion.

Again, welcome!

(JH)