Goodbye Jesus

Xianity Is Un-original.

jrmarlin

:Hmm: To think that Christianity is based completely on plagerism shows how deep the farce really goes and how Christians are utterly blind to the whole premise.

The Christian leaders get away with these myths and plagerisms because unlike other belief systems in the world, most Christians are ignorant to the beliefs of others. They are told to not open their minds to other beliefs because they believe Christianity is the only right system. Sad.....

So this ignorance and non-pursuit of knowledge is what has put Christians - on the whole - in the proverbial sling!

Christians have been ripping off other religions for literally centuries. Here's some examples of how:

Example 1: Jesus was born in Late July/Early August by all accounts; however, Christians took the Winter Solstice (around December 21st) to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Example 2: In the Catholic church there are runic symbols everywhere. The runes for Joy, Love, Peace are all over the place.

Example 3: Communion is done by Wiccans at every gathering with Wine and Bread. Drank and eaten to pay homage to God and the other entities that are in present.

Example 4: The Holy Trinity. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In Wicca as well as Dianic Faith, that is the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone. Representing the three stages of a Woman's life -- not a man's life. As these religions predominently work from the feminine aspects not from the male's.

Example 5: Easter. No one knows when Jesus actually was crucified -- no given date -- However the Spring Solstice is around the 21st of March. Remarkably Jesus was crucified around that time, too. Ironic or a rip off?

Example 6: The chakra system known as the Tree of Life is remarkably close to the symbol the Cross. The chakras go up the middle (using the arch angels as their rulers for each) and the hands represent both what flows into and out of a person's body.

Example 7: The color Purple. In several other religions the color purple stands for Faith -- which is located in the Third Eye ruled by Gabriel.

Example 8: The color dark Navy Blue. In several religions this is Michael's color and it stands for Patience.

Example 9: The Psalms come from the spells from Old Religion Druidism. If you read their spell encantations they are the Psalms word for word; however, this practice dates back to around 300 BC. That's before Christ.

Note: Please, if you have more to add, let's here 'em. I can assure you this is far from a comprehensive list of the plagerisms running amuck in Xianity!

Demon and how they can possess humans(not a single account of that in the OT)

Hell

The Ritual of Baptism

Angels appear in other religions besides Christianity. So does a paradise-like afterlife.

I read somewhere that Buddha was said to have walked on water.

There are a heckuva lot of similarities between Jesus and Mithra (spelling)? No cookie-cutter deities exist that I know of, but there are too many similarities for it to be a coincidence.

I definitely see the point you are trying to make, jrmarlin.

But I don't know that I'd agree with the comments about Wicca. Wicca's only been around since, maybe the 1950s, I think? So, yeah, while they did assume many pre-Christian traditions, most scholars think it highly unlikely that the ancient peoples had a concept of a "Maided, Mother, Crone" triple goddess. There were triple goddess, of course, for example, Brigit (many other spellings used), but she was the goddess of... I think healing, smithcraft and maybe creative inspiration?

Also, it's more likely that Wiccans adopted the communion ritual from either Christian or pre-Christian traditions. For example, in Greek religion, I was reading for class the other day, Dionysis was the god of wine, and Demeter the goddess of grain, and I think my textbook said that some people would have eaten bread and drank wine in their honour, so... yeah... :P Also, I think Egyptian religion had a similar ritual.

I'm rambling.

It's just, Wicca's not a pre-Christian religion, so Christianity didn't steal from them. However, Christianity did adopt many pre-existing pagan traditions and rituals.

:D Sorry if I sounded like a jackass...

The earliest Christians were anciet Pagans, not to be confused with modern Pagans. Ancient Paganism was a fluid polytheism. They can and did worship Mithras or Jupiter in the temple of Osiris and vice versa. A god was a god and in their culture they had certain concepts of what god and the afterlife were. The early Christians, who didn't know Jesus, believed he was devine and they attributed to him what they thought god was. They adopted and adapted to Christianity and Jesus their concept of what constitutes god from the Pagan religions that dominated their culture.

Taph

Here is an interesting find from Brad's site:

The issue of whether or not Christianity borrowed any ideas from "pagans", and incorporated them into their construct of "Jesus", is one that will usually produce an absolute denial from fundamentalist Christians that any such thing could have or did happen in the New Testament.

The page is: http://www.geocities.com/b_r_a_d_99/propaganda1.htm

I found this very interesting as I just read it, but posted this tread hours ago.

I guess I am not hallucinating after all....

Also, I am doing some other research on the Runes to show you guys pictures of the symbols I am talking about...

You might find it interesting but the Runes are derived from the Nordics, who used them to divinate the future. Yet, Christians have them all over their churches. Interesting, eh?

The earliest Christians were anciet Pagans, not to be confused with modern Pagans. Ancient Paganism was a fluid polytheism. They can and did worship Mithras or Jupiter in the temple of Osiris and vice versa. A god was a god and in their culture they had certain concepts of what god and the afterlife were.

That sounds very much like Hinduism. Hindus believe Jesus is reincarnation of God, just like Krishna.

Here is an interesting find from Brad's site:

The issue of whether or not Christianity borrowed any ideas from "pagans", and incorporated them into their construct of "Jesus", is one that will usually produce an absolute denial from fundamentalist Christians that any such thing could have or did happen in the New Testament.

The page is: http://www.geocities.com/b_r_a_d_99/propaganda1.htm

I found this very interesting as I just read it, but posted this tread hours ago.

that reminds me. let not forget Christmas

Okay, here we go... Nordic Runes

gallery_1297_57_918.gif

Name: GIFU, GEBO or GYFU

This rune refers to a partnership of some kind. Either business or love. Drawing this rune may mean an important development in a romantic relationship. This rune also indicates commitment and a gift of some sort. It may be an emotional gift of love or a material gift given just when you need it. Often GIFU is telling of a gift that binds a relationship, a gift that is a symbol of shared love. Generosity of some sort will be present. It usually indicates a time in your life that is full of peace and contentment. In a predominantly negative reading, GIFU may indicate that your problem is rooted within your emotions.

gallery_1297_57_4.gif

Name: ISA or IS

This rune indicates a time of standstills. A freeze in some situation. All your plans should be put on hold for a while. Wait for improved conditions or more enthusiasm before continuing on. Paired with delay runes, positive accomplishments are unlikely now. This rune (unless paired with negative runes) indicates temporary delays and frustrations. It may tell of a relationship cooling off. (Examine the runes surrounding ISA to see what type of relationship.) There may be bad feelings and resentments, possibly leading to separation. Problems with loyalty are indicated. UnlessISA is paired with reversed love runes, relationship problems will be resolved soon, but in a strongly negative runecast, the relationship or project is no longer salvageable and the advice of this rune is to move on.

gallery_1297_57_135.gif

Name: WUNJO, or WYN

This is the rune of joy. It tells of happiness coming into your life. This rune indicates success. With RAIDHO or EHWAZ it means a fortunate and pleasing journey. With ANSUZ it means good news. Cast with love related runes, it can indicate deep affection and lasting emotional happiness. If there was a question regarding the object of your affections, this rune may represent that person. Some activity with this person will have happy results. Pleasure through your work is indicated by WUNJO. This is especially true if your work is of an artistic or creative nature.

Now the sign in the Catholic Church:

gallery_1297_57_798.jpg

These three runes are combined to make the following statement.

May the Gift of Joy always stay with us forever - and never change.

As I am told, Pagans were inslaved to build the earlier churches, thus why so many of them contain these runic symbols. It was the way of Pagans to get even with being brought to christianity through duress. It is amazing that the elders in the church apparently did not catch on. Or perhaps they did but thought the messages were okay. I would venture to say they probably had no idea what these symbols even meant but adopted them as their "flags" because they liked the way they looked.

Footnote: Images and Definitions were used from the following website: Passagen's Rune Website

that reminds me. let not forget Christmas

Not to mention, Easter = Ostara.

How about Jesus' teachings? Surely the Son of God who came to earth would not just regurgitate someone else's philosophies. Surely not. How about "turn the other cheek"? Revolutionary. NOT.

Socrates: "Then we should never do wrong?"

Crito: "Never."

Socrates: "And should we not even try to avenge a wrong if we are wronged ourselves, as most would do, on the premise that we should never do wrong?"

Crito: "So it seems."

Socrates: "So, would we do harm, Crito, or not?"

Crito: "I should say not, Socrates."

Socrates: "Well then is it just or unjust to repay injury with injury?"

Crito: "Unjust, I would think."

Socrates: Because doing harm to men is no different from doing wrong?"

Crito: "Exactly so."

Socrates: "So, we should never take revenge and never hurt anyone, even if we have been hurt."

Socrates concludes:

It is never right to do wrong and never right to take revenge; nor is it right to give evil, or in the case of one who has suffered some injury, to attempt to get even."

Pythagoras was know to have raised people from the dead and he too calmed storms. Like Jesus, he proclaimed himself a godman. He helped his disciples to catch fish recorded in the legend of Porphyry. His cult was into math, and they regarded 153 as a sacred number, and lo and behold, that’s exactly the number of fish Jesus helped his diciples to catch.