Goodbye Jesus

My Doctor's Visit

Ms. K

*sigh*

I managed to get an appointment with my doctor, so I could make sure to get my birth control pills refilled so I didn't run out before I go on vacation in July (my three-month supply will only last till early June).

So, of course, with THAT in mind, I had a date with a speculum. I was NOT looking forward to that.

And, I also knew that since it'd been almost a year since I had the last round of bloodwork to check cholesterol levels, liver function, and so on ad nauseam, I was probably going to have to have that done, too.

I wasn't expecting the first thing that happened to me, though.

I went in, told the doctor that my shoulder pain had NOT gotten any better, but in fact, had gotten worse, and he checked me over, manipulated the joint and listened to me yelp in pain, and recommended a cortisone shot.

Well, he told me it wouldn't hurt THAT much.

Lying motherfucker.

A three-inch-long needle. In my shoulder joint. And the cortisone BURNS like a motherfucker. The first two words out of my mouth when he jammed the needle in and started injecting the cortisone were, "FUCK ME!"

Everyone heard me yell it, too.

I finally just told him, "Why don't you just hit me? It'll hurt less!"

I have to admit, my shoulder feels a LOT better today than it has in the last eight months. I can put my arm up over my head.

It still hurts, though, and I still have to take the naproxen for inflammation, and I still have to use the ice pack for swelling and inflammation. And I feel VERY out of sorts today. Mostly tired, but I also feel a bit queasy. Yuck.

I just didn't quite expect that, and then when they did the bloodwork, I thought I was going to pass out right there in the lab, since it was bloodwork that you have after fasting, and I hadn't had breakfast, and it was creeping towards lunch time.

I came home, after leaving the doctor's office, putting gas in the car, picking up my daughter from school, all while driving a stick shift (and the shot was in my right shoulder, and I'm right handed), took out my contacts, and went to bed. After I was awakened by the phone, and my daughter left to go make some money helping her friend's parents move, I called my husband, and asked him what he had left to do. He said he had an hour of work left, and I said fine, no problem, but I wasn't going to cook.

He said that wasn't a problem, and asked what I wanted for dinner. I told him I wanted to come to the restaurant that he manages for, and eat there, and have a couple of large alcoholic drinks. He asked if there was anywhere ELSE I'd rather eat, because HE didn't want to eat there. I just said, "Look, my day was already fucked up enough. Don't add to it. The restaurant is convenient, and has good drinks. I need a drink." He just sighed and said no problem.

After that, we came home, and I went back to bed. Yesterday sucked ass.

My mom has Frozen Shoulder too.

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp04002.htm

She had a pretty miserable time of it for a while.

Ouch! That sounds really painful. I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry your visit sucked so much. :(

My mom has Frozen Shoulder too.

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp04002.htm

She had a pretty miserable time of it for a while.

My mommy had Frozen Shoulder herself.

I didn't have frozen shoulder, but I was having a hard time lifting my arm above my head without a WHOLE lot of pain.

Apparently, my problem is a joint effort between arthritis and bursitis. Lots of old injuries, and gee, I have been engaging in child-rearing for 11 years now...that puts a HUGE strain on your body.

Oh well, at least I get to get out of making dinner tomorrow. That's what Mr. K is for, thankyouverymuch, he's off tomorrow, he can cook, he's got hands.

Yeah....I'm still kinda grumpy....can you tell?

Ow.

I've heard that cortisone burns like a mo-fo at first, then, if it does work for your problem, it will help the pain, inflammation, etc.

Whew, your day was rather awful, Mrs. K. Hope you're feeling better soon! :wave:

Ouch.

Doc visits, while never a fun event, sometimes just suck ass outright. I'm sorry yours was one of the sucky times.

I hope your shoulder is feeling better tho'. And I hope the spouse makes you some Damn Good Food.