Goodbye Jesus

This Is Getting Sad.

dd5

I was born in a very small town in the Caribbean, I witnessed things in my lifetime I wish people would see. The church had control of the town, any movies, books, and media at all had to be approved by the church or it was burned and deemed heathen. Anyone mixed with native blood was below god and was going to hell. Then I came to the United States, to Philadelphia and was tortured by nuns for not being able to shape letters correctly in first grade... I later found out I had a condition called Dyspraxia that gave me poor motor coordination. So there I was, first time ever in school getting hit with rulers daily and yelled at for not being able to draw or form letters... Then I pissed them off and dared ask about a book I read about something called evolution. They called my parents and yelled at them for tarnishing my soul, eventually after some coaxing my mother took me out of catholic school and into public school. I didn't look back and became fascinated by biology in general, eventually I became a zoo keeper here and am now in college working on my BS in Biology then moving on to who knows what.

The interesting thing is that the more I read about Christianity, or rather as I became educated I began to look at it differently. I took a course about the scramble of Africa, what the missions did in Africa specifically, it made the Caribbean churches seem like a country club. Honestly, now killing, torture and all so to mesh people into Christianity, hundreds of children kidnapped and the church hoped, brain washed. It got worse when I saw a modern mission on one of this Christian TV outlets calling a group of people in the Amazon heathens and glorifying how they brought the light of god to them, saving them from hell.

For a while I was also exposed to evangelists firsthand through my mothers friend and I quickly learned they're money leeching manipulative pricks, in fact I began to notice just about everything involving the church was full of money leeching manipulative pricks. Then I came across creationism. Oh boy. During my genetics course many of the students were Christian and extremely offended by anything even having to do with evolution and started heated debates with professors. Then I actually saw one of those two hour long Bullshit $19.99 + s/h videos that preach creationism and the horrible horrible science behind it. I'm not so offended by the fact that they're babbling off random BS but the fact many people are buying it and telling their children to buy into the idea. Honestly when some random dick head come sup with some new theory on “living dinosaurs” it makes my 7 sleepless nights before finals learning equations on dominant traits passed down by parents and genetics in general seem pointless. Now they dare take quantum mechanics and general relativity (something the public knows next to nothing about) and twist it to their motives.

Between getting Christianity shoved up my ass and attempting to control every aspect of my life to them spouting off things claiming they are science I really don't know what the hell to say anymore. People preach on and on about how my soul needs to be saved but, honestly is it so hard to follow the simple rules just about every religion has in common? Do we need to turn it into a massive profiteering empire that controls every aspect of a persons life? They're common sense guidelines to live your life by, don't be a dick to the world and the world won't be a dick to you. It's that simple and there is no need to attack everyone on the subject who says otherwise. Honestly I can't even research a book on mitochondrial DNA tracing without someone babbling about the logical fallacies of the author. It's sad that even in an intellectual setting we have Christians taking courses that specifically focus on evolution because they think they'll change everything by learning more about it.

Wow! Great post! Welcome, and I hope we can hear more from you.

It's as if you are in court prosecuting mondern xtianity and this was your opening statement.

Really excellent. And welcome to the board. I hope to see more of you here.

DD5: I love you. I could kiss you for that beautiful, well-written post.

(note: The Lady Feline has been awake for nineteen consecutive hours, and isn't likely to sleep anytime soon. Forgive her if she seems a little wierd :lmao: )

Well, it seems I got a good response to that, thank you again. If a Christian replies to this my day has been made. Usually their reply to supporting a legacy of blood and torture around the world is, "Those weren't real Christians". Perhaps, but more often than not the “Good Christians” with good values and morals are not the shouting crazy fools on the streets or those in churches that are in power. It also can be compared to supporting Hitler but now saying “Hitler wasn't a real Nazi”. Hell many of the churches in the United States were built with help from “heathen slaves”, some of which died to make them. But of course those were different times right? Those massacres weren't real Christianity. Oh man I think I'll search around for a Christian argument and see how much they know about their own history.

Excellent post, and welcome. If you're interested in debating Christians, I suggest the Lion's Den or the Collosseum.

Hey GREAT post, and welcome here friend!

Excellent post and welcome aboard! It's good to see that your rough youth has been overcome, and your mind has fully awakened to the lie that is Xianity. Indeed, they're quick to hide behind the excuse that anyone who does anything to make their cult look bad isn't a True Xian™, but the facts of the matter are that even the worst of them can be demonstrated to be Xian, often simply by admission alone. Most Xians don't want to say "yeah, our religion does condone that" because they want to attract the maximum number of followers and impress their god.

Welcome again!

Same here. There's nothing like ignorance to get one's blood boiling.

Great Post. Of course, as you implied, Creationist are also money leeching manipulative pricks.

And this: “Hitler wasn't a real Nazi”. Pure gold, to be kept for future reference.