Goodbye Jesus

Life On Mars

saxyroze

How do you think the Christian society would react if scientists found proof of life, or once was life, on Mars? I mean, their bible doesn't talk about god creating life on any other planet. :scratch:

I think it would have to be irrefutable proof. Even then, the Fundies would probably come up with some alternate definition of life that would exclude what was found. Most of them would dismiss any evidence of life as easily as they dismiss fossil records.

Most of them would dismiss any evidence of life as easily as they dismiss fossil records.

I agree. I don't believe ANYTHING could be "irrefutable" proof in the eyes of many religous people. That's what faith is.

:shrug:

How do you think the Christian society would react if scientists found proof of life, or once was life, on Mars? I mean, their bible doesn't talk about god creating life on any other planet. :scratch:

They would probably send missionaries to the other planet to tell them about Jebus' not-so-free gift.

Seriously though, it probably wouldn't mean anything to most of them because Gawd only gave people souls.

The first thing they'd do is probably press congress to deny their rights to same-sex marriage, birth control, and abortion.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they would find the "Mars Texts" that the Catholic Church somehow misplaced all these years in their basement that provides scriptural references to the "Red Planet" and God's first world. But the people who lived on that planet were sinning so he destroyed them in an apocolypse and started anew on Earth with his Chosen People. They will then go on to say that if we sinners don't change our ways then God will destroy this planet as well and move on to Venus.

Actualy they would just change what they said all along from there isnt any life on mars because the bible never mentions mars to there is life there because any time that there is god there is life.

Trust me I have heard the arguments. It happened in church one day at Only Beleive Ministries (Or Theo-nazi training as I call it)

-Jake

Don't forget the tired old universal cop-out "Satan did it to confuse us and lead us astray!"... :Doh: