Goodbye Jesus

Christians Should Not Have Kids

theGreatMe

1.) the bible says that given a choice between 2 evils we should choose the lesser.

2.) Christians are faced with 2 evils, having no kids or taking a risk and hoping their child doesn't die after the age of accountability (with no jesus blood) and suffer the greater evil.

3.) This also makes for the nonsense that if christians come to power, they should slay all children under the age of accountability, going with the lesser evil of murder than the greater evil of eternal torture.

Related topic: Christians should not preach to people who haven't heard the gospel because it causes their sin of unbelief to be worse.

Great Jesus logic. :jesus:

Well..... I understand what you're saying. However, there is no "age of accountability" in the

buybull. At least I don't remember one. Plus, I was still christian when I had my children.

Fortunately I got out before I had brain washed them. I only have one who still talks about

Jesus. My oldest child says she doesn't care if there is a god or not. I told her that's the best way

to be. I know the thing about my children is off your topic, but I felt it needed to be said.

So let them breed. They may be birthing future freethinkers.

I kinda hope they stop breeding quite so much, it's one of the only ways they're maintaining their numbers right now.

Freethinkers are educated, and it's obvious when looking at the state of our nation that ignorance is the pathway to religion. It's not surprise that as the education level of America has declined, the number of Christians has increased.

Gotta agree with you.So many christians don't realize that creating children "from a christian point of view" is bringing your child onto earth with a 25% chance of making it into heaven and 75% of going to hell.They think that their life on earth is one big vacation when they ought to be working for their God,Preparing the harvest.The moment I lost my faith the first thing I told myself.I was never going to bring my offspring into this world not after all I've been through.It's not worth it.They dont deserve it.so I know what you're saying!

I kinda hope they stop breeding quite so much, it's one of the only ways they're maintaining their numbers right now.

Freethinkers are educated, and it's obvious when looking at the state of our nation that ignorance is the pathway to religion. It's not surprise that as the education level of America has declined, the number of Christians has increased.

Well, Eponymic, I only have two things to respond to. First, it is the ONLY way they are maintaining their numbers. Actually, christian religions on the whole are dwindling. People are becoming more enlightened (waking up as I term it) and they are leaving the church very quickly without a lot of hemming and hauling.

Second, you are absolutely without a doubt correct about the education level in America declining. The education level is staggeringly low. Do you realize that a child in the UK knows better where South Dakota is than a kid in New Jersey? And the coast kids just think all the "other" states as being "somewhere in the middle..."

People who are highly educated seldom become privvy to myths, legends and hearsay. They have a lot more thought going on than to blindly believe some guy (or gal) simply because they're a "preacher" - a "holy man" etc.

Well..... I understand what you're saying. However, there is no "age of accountability" in the

buybull. At least I don't remember one. Plus, I was still christian when I had my children.

Fortunately I got out before I had brain washed them. I only have one who still talks about

Jesus. My oldest child says she doesn't care if there is a god or not. I told her that's the best way

to be. I know the thing about my children is off your topic, but I felt it needed to be said.

Anakin, some christians do believe in an "age of accountability." It's their

way of dealing with Yet Another Christian Conundrum. If gawd sends

people who don't believe to hell, then what happens to babies and small

children who are too young to believe? Would gawd be so cruel as to

send babies to hell for unbelief, when they were much too young to

comprehend the message of christianity? Oops, can't have a gawd so

mean and vicious, so they concoct this "age of accountability" thing which

isn't really in the bible.

The problem with this line of pseudo-reasoning is what TGM pointed out.

If there is an "age of accountability," after which your kids risk going to

hell, and hell is eternal punishment and torture, then why risk having

your kids grow up at all? Why not kill them before the age of

accountability, so they are guaranteed a spot in heaven? (As a side note,

why should christians oppose abortion? After all, abortion would mean

more souls going to heaven....)

At this point, they trot out the Ten Commandments and hem and haw,

regurgitate a few more platitudes, and usually walk away muttering

something about how the Lawd works in mysterious ways.

The problem with this line of pseudo-reasoning is what TGM pointed out.

If there is an "age of accountability," after which your kids risk going to

hell, and hell is eternal punishment and torture, then why risk having

your kids grow up at all? Why not kill them before the age of

accountability, so they are guaranteed a spot in heaven? (As a side note,

why should christians oppose abortion? After all, abortion would mean

more souls going to heaven....)

Oh, I knew what TGM meant. I agree with his point. I was just saying it's not

in the bible. I used to believe in the "age of accountability" when I was xtian also.

I couldn't stomach the idea of a loving god sending young children and babies to

hell. I can't think of any xtian I know now that doesn't believe it. You're right

about killing them before that age. I'm sure there are some sick ones out there that

would actually do it.

Oops...sorry Anakin, I see I mis-read your post.....but

we agree, anyway. And I'd rather not think about what

some sick fundies are doing to their kids. :shudder:

In my view, The Bible is not just extremely politically incorrect, it is a pretty twisted book.

I can accept it if God didn't create hell and if he said he's isn't holy but human and there is evidence for Him.

If he threw babies, disabled people, elderly and any other good animals and humans, then He's worse than I thought. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, The New Testament Bible seems to lean in that direction where God throw anyone in Hell.

The Old Testament was horrid too, at least, the God there only kill you.

For these reasons, I must reject all of The Bible.

It's morally questionable.

Unfortunately, The New Testament Bible seems to lean in that direction where God throw anyone in Hell.

The Old Testament was horrid too, at least, the God there only kill you.

For these reasons, I must reject all of The Bible.

It's morally questionable.

It's funny when you think about it. A lot of Christians I know consider the New Testament to be the happier, lighter side of Christianity compared to all the dark acts that occur in the OT. But it's the NT that dooms everyone to hellish torment, not the old. Yeah, really light & flowery there.

:grin:

It's funny when you think about it. A lot of Christians I know consider the New Testament to be the happier, lighter side of Christianity compared to all the dark acts that occur in the OT. But it's the NT that dooms everyone to hellish torment, not the old. Yeah, really light & flowery there.

:grin:

Yeah, and the one book of the NT that christians seem to be

quite obsessed with these days is Revelations, where everyone

who doesn't agree with them gets to be roasted in an eternal

barbeque. Lots of sweetness and light there.....

:shrug:

:Hmm: You will find in more cases than not, xians are very flexible when it comes to them breaking the ten commandments versus a non-xian breaking the big ten. They can explain their way around it and twist God's supposed word in order to suit their own needs. They are not alone. Several groups do this -- look at how some politicians twist what the Constitution states just so they can pass insane bans and stupid laws. They do it with such alarm regularity that it is common place now for most Americans.

Xians have this funny way of making sin in the eyes of the beholder -- their eyes -- and no one else's take counts worth a tinker.

Another reason why people who have been enlightened, woken up if you will, see very clearly the irony within. So I guess, if you look at it like this, the lord does work in mysterious ways, think of all the people who have been saved from christianity due to this practice of double standards!