Goodbye Jesus

Unethical Dr.

Wade

Ok, I had to rant about this I can not believe this happened!

This happened to a friend of my girlfriends, so I am not real good friends with her. So I didn’t talk to her about it , I like to mind my own business. But this is killing me.

She had a baby 3 months ago and has been having marital issues and other problems since the baby. She has also been having problems with depression. So my girlfriend tells her that her hormones are probably all screwed up from having a kid and she needed to tell her doctor. Sounds reasonable to me.

So she tells her doctor about her depression issues after having a child and what does he tell her.

SHE NEEDS JESUS IN HER LIFE!!! He gave her a 30 minute sermon about how Jesus can help her with her marriage and her depression and then sent her on her way!!!

If that was me when I was suffering from depression I would have punched him in the head!!!

Is there anything that can be done? This just doesn’t sound right to me.

That is awful! It sounds like she is suffering from post partum depression, which is common and yes, due to hormones.... what a jerk. She should go to a different doctor to get a real diagnosis.

I don't mind doctors following their conscience, but man.... stuff like this makes me think there should be laws governing which situations they are allowed to make decisions based on it. And Jesus should never be preaches unless the patient requests it or it is a Chrisitian clinic that advertises Christian treatment (the patients should be warned they are getting subpar care!!).

UGH!

if she gets a bill from the doctor for that I'd take him to court. or if he sends a bill to her insurance company, i would let them know that she didn't reciece appropriate or ethical care.

That might be worth a formal complaint to the state medical licensing board.

That doc was WAY out of line.

Ok, I had to rant about this I can not believe this happened!

This happened to a friend of my girlfriends, so I am not real good friends with her. So I didn’t talk to her about it , I like to mind my own business. But this is killing me.

She had a baby 3 months ago and has been having marital issues and other problems since the baby. She has also been having problems with depression. So my girlfriend tells her that her hormones are probably all screwed up from having a kid and she needed to tell her doctor. Sounds reasonable to me.

So she tells her doctor about her depression issues after having a child and what does he tell her.

SHE NEEDS JESUS IN HER LIFE!!! He gave her a 30 minute sermon about how Jesus can help her with her marriage and her depression and then sent her on her way!!!

If that was me when I was suffering from depression I would have punched him in the head!!!

Is there anything that can be done? This just doesn’t sound right to me.

The licensing board and the insurance company needs to be told. This is not proper treatment for post partum and she needs to get medicine to help her through it. The doctor acted irresponsibly and should be sanctioned. It is his job to heal the physical body - and none of his fucking business about her eternal "soul."

She needs to do this right away because if he's done it to her, chances are, he's done it to many others.

Wow. I used to work at a Catholic hospital and NO ONE ever would tolerate this sort of "diagnosis." I would report him immediately to the American Medical Association and the hospital adminsitration where he has admitting privileges. I hope to god she goes to a reputable ob/gyn really soon.

It sounds like a good case of malpractice, too. :nono:

Post partum depression is serious and can lead to real tragedy if not treated ASAP. This dude needs to be put in his place before one of his patients commits suicide or injurs their children instead of being cared for.

:angry:

After some of this blows over, the media might not be a bad choice to inform.

I have a very special place for quacks like this. For legal reasons, I will not describe exactly what this place is, but you can guess. Yeah, get the board and insurance and fry this fucking crank. Show no mercy, he deserves none. And if he tries to run, don't let him, if you can.

(Yeah, I have a serious problem with quacks)

Good luck. You are a good sight kinder than I ever would have been.

When I first deconverted I had that happen to me persoanlly. I have bipolor disorder, that the doctor misdiagnosed as depression and after Paxil didn't help he called my home phone, and asked if he could really speak to me. ugh At the time I was so shell shocked I did nothing, but I did tell a dear friend of mine, she reported him to the AMA. After that I do not know what happened, I did change doctors.

I wonder if the doc in question considered that one of the major issues Andrea Yates was having was postpartum depression.

Good little Jeebus follower, pumping out babies... then going off her meds and killing them all.

Okay, granted, Yates probably had more on her brain than the gal in the OP does. Few people go that far off the deep end. But shit, you can't leave depression untreated. If I didn't take my meds, I'd be dead right now.

Somehow this also reminds me of a case that the firm I work at did some graphics for. It was an instance of a botched labor - 20 hours of the fetus going in to increasing distress, breathing his own meconium, and being born dead - basically because the obstetrician didn't believe in anything but natural childbirth. Apparently he had some religious reasons behind it. And denied the mother a C-section. And now she has a severely brain damaged preschooler because of his negligence.

I was proud of the graphics the firm produced. The doc's ass was sued off, and the family won the case. But still - it doesn't change the fact that a doc's religious convictions got in the way of his duty to perform his job correctly, and that a little kid has to spend his life half a vegetable because of it. Especially when things could have gone just fine.

So I'm a firm believer that when religion interferes in medical decisions, people get hurt.

Wow. Now I'm gettin' all riled up. :angry: