Goodbye Jesus

I'm Hating These People More & More

IvyFairy

THIS RANT MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE ON MY FRIENDS LIST. IF IT DOES.. SORRY BUT I'M FUCKING PISST RIGHT NOW.....

--------------------

Okay.. This is just a little rant. I have a 4 year old daughter. I'm an Atheist. We don't talk about religion cause religion or lack of religion isn't for children. I woke up this morning and walked into the living room and my 4 year old daughter says to me.. Nana, Me, and Papa believe in God and Mommy, Daddy and Keela don't. WTF? I took Emily aside and said.. Who told you that you have to believe in God. She said to me.. Nana.

My InLaws are Very Christian my Father in law is a Dr. In Theology a well known Christian Author and a Deacon at his church. My mother in law is a child of Christian Missionaries that lived in Puru. Fuck Fuck Fuck....

We have told them not to talk about God around our children and they are still doing it. I understand that I am living in there house.. Well till the end of the month and then I'm getting my own place again.. but still... They are not her parents and we don't want stupid shit like that forced upon our Kids.

GOD DOESN'T EXIST PEOPLE!!! GET A FUCKING CLUE.

Ok, I think I can help you with this one. My sister went through this SAME exact thing. What cured it was this, she told her in-laws, "Look, your religious beliefs are your beliefs. You have every right to them. However, these are MY children, not yours. If you can't respect my rules then you will not be allowed to be around them. End point." This worked for my sister. Her in-laws never cross that line again because they did have an "incident" afterwards and when the grandparents did not see the girls for a couple of months, they realized it was better to respect my sister and their son than to never see their grandchildren.

It's tough love but they are YOUR children and there is no law stating they HAVE to have any interaction with them.

Good luck. I hope this advice helps you. And yes, you have every right in the world -- whether or not you believe in god, is immaterial. These little people are YOUR children. You need to stand up for your rights!

That was very disrespectful of your in-laws.

If you haven't already done so I'd ask them to give you their word that they will not talk to your daughter again about religion.

If they won't agree to that, or agree and then break their promise I'd consider taking jrmarlin's advice.

Honestly, if they didn't respect your rule about religious discussions, then chances are they have ignored other rules you have laid down. Therefore, it's good to say "rules" instead of religious discussions because then that covers everything. It's all comprehensive clause.

I do empathsize with your upset, but you are the parent and its up to you and your husband to make the rules period.

Cheer up... okay? I would count to 1,000 before saying anything that way you can counter this with a calm, rational stance which will give you more credibility and show your in-laws you are without a doubt worthy of respect.

Gads, I feel like I should go hug my MIL. Shes 60 miles away so I probably won't, but still. I tinki the tough love thing is probably the best advice, but it will probably ahve to wait until you have yuor own lpace to becomfortable. I had to do this with my mother. Not for anything religious jsut my mother for a while would be overly critical always, no matter what. I never said it to her, but when I would be around them all they time, and then just dissappear for months at a time, she caught on.