Goodbye Jesus

Raelians

Lycorth

^..^

Haha, I know the Raelians. A few years ago you they were on the news all the time here in quebec.

2 years ago there was a man in the metro that was giving away pamphlets. They were invitations to one of their meetings in Montreal. I wouldve gone, just for a laugh, but none of my friends wanted to come with me and I didn't want to go alone.

Cue the music from "The Twilight Zone"... :twitch:

Yeah. You'd think they could at least be remotely original, but everyone's gotta be a copycat when it comes to religions on Earth, apparently.

Would've worked better with the theme from the X-Files.

Brother Varokhar,

The Holy Spook magically inspired me to preach your glorious rant in two parts!

http://www.religionisbullshit.org/audio/rant-part1.m3u

http://www.religionisbullshit.org/audio/rant-part2.m3u

Glory!

^..^

I think they do this because they want to win converts. If they hold Jesus or whomever in high regard, maybe the Christian will at least hear what they have to say.

This has been the way religions develop throughout history... these cult... er I mean religious... leaders aren't stupid. They know someone can't just suddenly reject something she has devoted her life to.

I am not saying all people who find ways to integrate tradition into their new belief are this way... these people see a common thread (Amanda, O_M, nbtl) and are sincere in their syncretism.

Oop, you're right. I didn't watch the X-Files so am not quite up-to-date :HaHa:

I think they do this because they want to win converts. If they hold Jesus or whomever in high regard, maybe the Christian will at least hear what they have to say.

You're probably right. IIRC, scientologists have a similar MO.

Not really. Scientologists have a big thing against Christians. Remember, it's Christianity that Xenu fed the spirit-zombie thetans in movie theaters at the beginning of human civilization to trick them into befriending psychiatrists.

Scientologists have a big problem with any other religion. Honestly, Christians are saints compared to them. That's why they rather strangely insist that leaders of other religions are against "religious freedom" for declaring Scientology a cult. (Of course, Scientologists can say all kinds of dirty words and lies about other religions and their leaders; if the other religions protest, they are again fighting against "religious freedom" - this time for not allowing Scientologists to express themselves.)

Anyway, they actually try to prey more on skeptical people. Their science-fiction stories are supposed to sound more "intelligent" because they involve (superifically) scientific things like outer space and planets and aliens. They are essentially atheistic, and their religion revolves around mental "health", again in an attempt to look more learned and cerebral.

(Okay, so Christians aren't "saints", but I do prefer them.)

I find the Raelians amusing; I think it's funny how every two weeks their scientists in France have yet again created the first re-animated baby.

Oop, you're right. I didn't watch the X-Files so am not quite up-to-date :HaHa:

Oh how I miss the X-files! Where is my David Dechovney (sp?) in a suit and long trench coat when I need him? LOL

Not really. Scientologists have a big thing against Christians. Remember, it's Christianity that Xenu fed the spirit-zombie thetans in movie theaters at the beginning of human civilization to trick them into befriending psychiatrists.

Scientologists have a big problem with any other religion. Honestly, Christians are saints compared to them. That's why they rather strangely insist that leaders of other religions are against "religious freedom" for declaring Scientology a cult. (Of course, Scientologists can say all kinds of dirty words and lies about other religions and their leaders; if the other religions protest, they are again fighting against "religious freedom" - this time for not allowing Scientologists to express themselves.)

Anyway, they actually try to prey more on skeptical people. Their science-fiction stories are supposed to sound more "intelligent" because they involve (superifically) scientific things like outer space and planets and aliens. They are essentially atheistic, and their religion revolves around mental "health", again in an attempt to look more learned and cerebral.

(Okay, so Christians aren't "saints", but I do prefer them.)

I find the Raelians amusing; I think it's funny how every two weeks their scientists in France have yet again created the first re-animated baby.

They may dislike Christians, but I thought that they thought that Jesus was an alien trying to guide us, speak to us where we are at, and prepare us for the truth of their religion?

^..^

Sounds to me like the Raelians need to cut back on the Star Trek: The Next Generation re-runs.