Goodbye Jesus

Rant About Dvds…or Lack Of

saxyroze

I have to admit, I love collecting dvd’s of my favorite TV shows. I’ve collected all of the Friends, Sex and the City, a few Red Dwarf dvds, and Charmed. I also started collecting Mad About You and Forever Knight…but it seems as if they just STOPPED producing them! Forever Knight is a trilogy so obviously there should be 3 seasons…they stopped at season two! And for Mad About You, which ran more than five or so seasons, they put out the first two seasons and a collector’s edition, which sucked, then stopped!

OK, if you’re going to start putting out DVD’s of a particular show, put them alllllll out, not just some then STOP!

*sigh* I know it’s really pathetic to get upset over something so little as this but it really does upset me. I never watch tv anymore because with all the reality tv stuff, it’s just a nuisance. So it’s a real treat to just sit back, relax, and watch a tv show on DVD that I enjoy. But I really get annoyed because I don’t remember what happens in most of the Mad About You seasons, nor do I remember what happens in the last Forever Knight season….and I won’t be able to find out! :(

i've been trying to buy seasons 1,2,3 of Roswell on ebay for like a month. i got outbid again, so i bought some Epica CDs.

Patience, my dear. Maybe they are just delaying it. Myfavoriteshowinthewholewideworld Six Feet Under is still cranking out the dvd's. Ah, I can't wait to get them all. Or, maybe write a letter??

I can't wait until they put "The Comeback" on DVD. I think I was the only person who watched it on HBO (it flopped, they cancelled it), but I absolutely LOVED it! I think the "flop" thing will prevent it, though.

At least you get to see SOME of your favorite shows. I loved "Picket Fences", that quirky drama set in "Rome, Wisconsin", but it's not even MADE into a DVD! It doesn't exist. That is just plain bullshit to me. If they can put out "Dawson's Creek" and "Northern Exposure", shows from the exact same era and genre, then why NOT "Picket Fences"?

I really feel like kicking someone in the nuts over this issue.

I......WANT....CROSSING JORDAN!!!!

:vent::vent::vent::vent:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

This is a useful place. Become members and vote for shows you want to see on dvd. Don't know if this has any impact whatsoever on the decision to actually DO it....but it's a chance to be heard.

I......WANT....CROSSING JORDAN!!!!

:vent::vent::vent::vent:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

This is a useful place. Become members and vote for shows you want to see on dvd. Don't know if this has any impact whatsoever on the decision to actually DO it....but it's a chance to be heard.

Copy that, WR! My vote has been added, and Amazon.com has been briefed as well.

Y'know, until I went to that site, it had never occured to me how many David E. Kelly shows were NOT yet released. I mean "LA Law" is NOT out on DVD? What kind of conspiracy shit is that? Like someone wrote, it must be some MONEY/rights dispute involved.

Idiots. They have no idea how much cash I'm willing to plunk down for the complete seasons of Picket Fences. I fucking loved that show. :woohoo:

Wow! I am such a geek!

Let's see... I've got Drawn Together, Tripping the Rift, Beast Wars (vol 1), Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo and Here and There, Now and Then...

I don't think I even watch normal TV anymore since I got a DVR (generic TIVO).

I need me some Crossing Jordan DVDs, too. Even though I have all the episodes on tape already :P I'm a certified CJ addict. The morgue is like my second family that lives inside the tv. Err...

*goes off to vote immediatly*, I have an account at TVshowsondvd.com but I forgot to vote for CJ.

I badly want Tales from the Darkside to be DVD'd. I have some horrible taped copies that are nearly unwatchable. Amazing Stories would be great too. And all those old Nickelodeon shows from the 90's like Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Don't give up hope on the obscure shows though. I NEVER thought I'd see the day that Earth 2, seaQuest and Eerie, Indiana would be put out on DVD, but there they are. If they can make it, any show can.

I'm still waiting on Season 2 of Twin Peaks, myself.

Okay....good some CJ fans.

I have a confession.

Nigel Townsend.

*sigh* :wub:

Oookay!!!

*ahem*

Something else I'd like to see on DVD, sort of obscure, Can't recall if there was only one season or two.....it was just campy and fun.... Dracula: The Series.

Oh I agree with Nigel! *swoon*

Bloody well right!

I want my Mannequin 2!!!

Umm... I shouldna said that. Yep. I shouldna said that...

Okay....good some CJ fans.

I have a confession.

Nigel Townsend.

*sigh* :wub:

Oh I completely understand. :grin:

How could anyone not love Nigel?

Wow! I am such a geek!

Let's see... I've got Drawn Together, Tripping the Rift, Beast Wars (vol 1), Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo and Here and There, Now and Then...

I don't think I even watch normal TV anymore since I got a DVR (generic TIVO).

I got all of the original Transformers on DVD except Season 1 and The Movie. That's 4 DVD box sets worth. Plus all three Beast Wars DVD box sets. =D I'm just pissed that TF:RiD got on DVD in the UK, but was never released here! :vent: