Goodbye Jesus

More Pet Peeves 2 Ponder

jrmarlin

Why is it when groups of girls go to a restuarant, inevitably one of them has to talk on their cellphone the entire time the group is eating dinner? If she was that interested in talking to the person on the phone, why the hell didn't she go out with them and let the group go out without her?

And why is it whenever you're in a store or a restaurant, a child starts screaming and throwing a temper tantrum and the parent spanks them causing them to cry even louder? Doesn't that ear-piercing scream hit you to the core of your being or is it just me?

Why does the drive-thru ATM have braille on it? Does the bank really expect a blind person to drive up to a drive-thru ATM? What's the point?

Why is it when we're sick we have to wait in long lines at the pharmacy to get medicine to make us feel better?

Why is it that every boss in the country has seen Office Space, and they feel the need to mimic the boss in the movie?

Why doesn't the person before us at the gas pump take their fucking receipt when they had to answer the question, "Do you want a receipt" during every transaction? Are they afraid to look at the receipt? How can they forget, they just answered the question no more than three minutes before?

Why does it take 5-10 working days for a check to clear yet when I pay with a check it comes out of my account in 3 days max?

Why can't the regular unleaded be on a separate pump from the diesel?

Why do bartenders card people for drinks when the bouncer carded everyone coming in and put a fucking stamp on their hands that they'll wear for days after they've been to the club?

Why do clubs have black lighting? Are they really the dandruff police in disguise?

Why does the traffic light you're at always take the longest to change to green but the quickest to change to red?

Why do kids lay on the floor of department stores when throwing a fit as if it's an action of solidarity over a candy bar? And why do the parents (being bigger) just ignore them and let them lay there? Why don't they pick them up? The are the adults, aren't they?

Why is it that miraculously no one speaks english or spanish when they have more than 20 items in an up-to-20-item express line at Walmart and Target?

Why doesn't Circuit City and Best Buys keep all the merchandise on the actual sales floor? Why do I always have to wait for some dim bulb to get it from somewhere -- which seems like they're going to Austraila to get it?

Why is it when you're just browsing you have all the sales people in world to help you but when you actually need something, they are all at lunch?

Why does the human head only weight 8 pounds?

Why do women feel the need to go to the bathroom in a group? Are they afraid someone will slip into the toilet and flush themselves?

Why is it when you're looking at lipsticks in the drug store, there is always one where someone's teeth marks are in the lipstick? When did people start eating lipstick?

In a card store, why is there always some idiot inhaling the heilum so they talk like donald duck? This isn't new. It isn't funny. So why do they do it?

Why are there playgrounds at every fast food restaurant?

Why is there always one half-drunk bottle of water on each isle stuffed in on a shelf? Is only drinking half only half shoplifting to some people?

If any of these things bother you, please feel free to share...

Why do women feel the need to go to the bathroom in a group? Are they afraid someone will slip into the toilet and flush themselves?

:lmao:

Thanks for that laugh.

Why is it that miraculously no one speaks english or spanish when they have more than 20 items in an up-to-20-item express line at Walmart and Target?

And why do people's I.Qs suddenly take a nose dive when they're using those automated check-out machines? I swear, at the grocery store I frequent, people act like they've never used one in their entire lives or they go so slow it takes them 15 minutes to ring up Fruit Loops a can of soup.

Same thing with the ATM! :lmao:

Why does the drive-thru ATM have braille on it? Does the bank really expect a blind person to drive up to a drive-thru ATM? What's the point?

I read in the news that Chicago still requires blind kids to pass driver's ed. Whoever came up with that rule seriously needs their head examined.

And why do people's I.Qs suddenly take a nose dive when they're using those automated check-out machines? I swear, at the grocery store I frequent, people act like they've never used one in their entire lives or they go so slow it takes them 15 minutes to ring up Fruit Loops a can of soup.

Yes - and furthermore, why do people who enter large stores suddenly seem to lose their IQ altogether? They get that deer-in-headlight look in their eyes and behave like they can't tell batteries apart from nails. Especially when I go to Home Depot - everyone who walks wants something they have no clue how to use. I overhear people asking Home Depot employees how to use power drills and staple guns. And these people are allowed to own homes, drive cars, and go out in public unsupervised? It's like when they walk into a large store, there's a dempening field that lowers intelligence or something.

Yes - and furthermore, why do people who enter large stores suddenly seem to lose their IQ altogether? They get that deer-in-headlight look in their eyes and behave like they can't tell batteries apart from nails. Especially when I go to Home Depot - everyone who walks wants something they have no clue how to use. I overhear people asking Home Depot employees how to use power drills and staple guns. And these people are allowed to own homes, drive cars, and go out in public unsupervised? It's like when they walk into a large store, there's a dempening field that lowers intelligence or something.

Okay, I know what to do with a drill and a staple gun and yet the last person on this earth I would ever ask how to use a power tool is a Home Depot employee. Most of those guys you can't even find when you're looking for something. Furthermore, I got pissed at them because I bought over $50.00 worth of paint and they only gave me one stirer per can. I mean, what the fuck is that? When you are done with a painting session, the paint is already dry on the wood, so you can't re-use the stirer. Especially with another color. How moronic? I miss the good old days when you could grab a big old handful of those stirers.

Everytime I have asked a Home Depot employee something, they have given me that deer in headlight look you referred to... like, "Huh?" :ugh: One would think that working around things like hammers and dangerous nail guns, they would step up to the plate. But they never do.

No exp necessary, I hope..

kL

m7wfev.jpg

Public bathrooms in general are a pet peeve of mine. I would understand if people wanted to travel in packs just to lessen the psychological trauma of having to face those horrors alone. They are like freak show trainwrecks that have to be seen (and smelled) to be believed, haha. Seriously, the state of public bathrooms makes me very worried about the general intellegence level of the population. It's not that difficult to flush or clean up after yourself if you make a huge horrible mess (and it always leaves me wondering what the hell is wrong with people physically to do some of the things I see in public stalls).

Personally I just don't like going into any strange place alone, no matter how public. I've seen enough horror movies to know better ;P But I -think- that most girls go in groups because they want to gossip about the boys or powder their noses or something. I am not completely sure though, I never recieved the book everyone else apparently got that explains all these things.

I don't like it when cashiers talk about my groceries.

I don't know how to use power drills or staple guns, but I wouldn't buy them, either.

I don't think it's only the large store, I think it has to be a place selling tools or electronic stuff. Especially really expensive electronic stuff.

Invariably I get behind someone who is attempting to refinance their house at the ATM, or cater a large party at the fast food drive-through.

Okay, I know what to do with a drill and a staple gun and yet the last person on this earth I would ever ask how to use a power tool is a Home Depot employee. Most of those guys you can't even find when you're looking for something. Furthermore, I got pissed at them because I bought over $50.00 worth of paint and they only gave me one stirer per can. I mean, what the fuck is that? When you are done with a painting session, the paint is already dry on the wood, so you can't re-use the stirer. Especially with another color. How moronic? I miss the good old days when you could grab a big old handful of those stirers.

Everytime I have asked a Home Depot employee something, they have given me that deer in headlight look you referred to... like, "Huh?" :ugh: One would think that working around things like hammers and dangerous nail guns, they would step up to the plate. But they never do.

By some sort of magic, the employees at Home Depot or Lowe's are always MIA. When you finally happen upon one, it's an employee from a different department who can't really help you. They have to ring up the black hole where the rest of the workers are hiding and you get to wait 20 minutes for a 16 year old boy to come out, meanwhile you get to talk to the person they duped into coming out to "help" you in the first place, which is always exciting. I hate those stores.

I don't like it when cashiers talk about my groceries.

A cashier has actually talked about your groceries? Oh my god, I have never had that happened. What do they say? Now THAT sounds like a story!

I hate those random, run-by comments. I never know how to respond, aside from "Uhhh..."

Like the creepy/greasy guy who rang up my stuff at Wal Mart (I feel dirty just typing it) says, completely out of the blue, "You have really pretty eyes."

And I stood there and stared at him and said, "Uhhh..." then nodded hastily and beat my retreat.

...(snip)...

I have never seen unleaded and diesel on the same pump as each other. The pumps might be right next to each other, but never on the same pump.

Also, what's wrong with playgrounds at fast food restaurants? I loved playing in them when I was a kid. Sure beat waiting around bored while parents were getting the food.

I hate those random, run-by comments. I never know how to respond, aside from "Uhhh..."

Like the creepy/greasy guy who rang up my stuff at Wal Mart (I feel dirty just typing it) says, completely out of the blue, "You have really pretty eyes."

And I stood there and stared at him and said, "Uhhh..." then nodded hastily and beat my retreat.

Heh. Something like that happened to me and my family last weekend. A guy walked up to us while we were waiting for the light to turn at a corner and asked my dad for a cigarette. When my dad refused he started complimenting my mom, then asked my dad, "Oh, she's your wife?" Well, duh. Then he started turning his attention on me. I was glad that the light turned then! He was creeping me out.

...(snip)...

I have never seen unleaded and diesel on the same pump as each other. The pumps might be right next to each other, but never on the same pump.

Also, what's wrong with playgrounds at fast food restaurants? I loved playing in them when I was a kid. Sure beat waiting around bored while parents were getting the food.

Nothing on this thread can be wrong as it is people's pet peeves. My pet peeve might not be your pet peeve.

Playgrounds in fast food restaurants. While the thought might be nice.... usually the parents just let the kids scream and yell like they're outside. If I had wanted to be on a "outdoor" picnic, I would have done just that. For people who do not have children, parents have no idea how ear-piercing and completely annoying those screams, taunts, running all over the place and crying really grates on a person's last nerve. I would also think with the regularity children are being taken from their parents at HOME and in public, they would keep a closer eye on them. I know if I had a child in today's screwed up world, I would be watching them like a hawk.

To find a gas station with the diesel and unleaded on the same pump, go to Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood -- 3 blocks west of Fairfax going east from Beverly Hills. It is an Exxon Station of the Right Hand side. Mostly outdoor pumps no big store. Little booth in the miidle of all the pumps. That gas station does have unleaded, mid and super on the same machine as the diesel but the diesel has a different color. A friend of mine almost put that shit in his sportscar. It would have been ugly if he had... SO YES, there are cases when the diesel fuel is on the same pump machine as the regular unleaded.

However, I think those play areas are nasty with a capital "N", glad my kids are out of that stage.

I would think so and the germs. Let's not even go there. I can't imagine letting children play in those things. My sister lets my nieces and I just shake my head. Kids can pick up things from school/daycare so quickly and then the whole household is sick for months. It's just too gross for words.

Trust me, I believe that I can speak for other parents here in that screaming kids do not just agitate people without them. Actually, I find I get more upset with the parents though than the child(ren) and I'm talking the ones who don't do a damn thing or just threaten to leave and don't, threaten more and don't follow through or spank right then and there. It only takes once or twice for mom and or dad to follow through with leaving and the child won't misbehave.

I can't speak for anyone else but my dad has the "look" that when he looked at us, we knew... beyond any doubt period that we had just crossed into the no-spin zone with him. My parents always took my sister and I to the car for reprimand as my father loathes it when kids start that high pitched screaming and crying in restaurants while he's trying to eat. We knew -- it was like a commandment in every sense of the word - if my mother or father said, "Ok, we need to go to the car now." We were in serious dutch and a spanking would probably come when we got there. That was reserved for "very bad" offenses. My mother got to the point with us where she would just ask, "Do you want to go to car?" And we straightened up - in a real hurry. To us, it was the granddaddy, "Do not pass go, do not collect $200."

That brings me to another pet peeve: Parents who threaten to leave their children for mishbehaving; talk about mind screwing, that pisses me off. Or divorced parents who threaten to send you back to the full custody one for misbehavior, drives me freakin' insane.

That is irreprehensible. The parent should not even have the child if they're going to use emotional blackmail like that.

An aside....I just read that fast food restaurants ice machines have more bacteria than toilets!! It was in an issue of The Week magazine, YUK! However, my dh challenged my belief on that and said if I truly believed it that I should go lick the toilet. Told me he took a nice steamy shit earlier so it should be extra tasty.

Yuck! As for fast food restaurants, I rarely go in them. Believe it or not, this happened after I watched the Beavis and Butthead episode where they worked in the hamburger restaurant and Beavis made everyone sick because he didn't wash his hands. It totally grossed me out. Not to mention that every time I have gone in -- there is always some kid back there that looks like they haven't showered in a month. So I avoid FF as much as possible - even when I'm on tour... we go to diners instead. You can get just as much grease from a diner as from a FF restaurant.

Our diesel here is same machine but different pumps, however, once I pulled in and wasn't paying attention; grabbed the diesel pump and attempted to put it in the gas tank entrance to my car. I was getting all pissed and swearing, trying like hell to somehow shove it in there, I felt like an idiot...talk about a DUH moment! LOL

My friend actually got the nozzle in his gas tank and pumped diesel into his brand new porsche. Yes, it was ugly. Did the people at the dealership laugh? You bet your ass until one of them did a month later. He had his car fixed (which required draining all lines, new gas tank etc.) and now he's happy once again. But he will never go to that gas station again because sometimes -- in fact, a lot, he is distracted and doesn't pay attention. So he made a list on his visor of all the gas stations to "avoid" so he won't pay another $5,000 to have his car fixed again.

Yeah. I was with my dad at a car dealership place getting my headlights repaired and the idiot car salesman, trying to flatter my dad and tell him he looks young, made a stupid comment about me being my dad's wife.

I'm 30. Could be mistaken for slightly younger or slightly older, depending on how I'm dressed and stuff. He's very obviously over 50 (almost 60, in fact). Only a complete moron would think he was younger than 50. Also, I wasn't wearing any type of ring at the time.

It was obviously a sales tactic. But my dad was only looking at the trucks there, not planning to buy. I suppose the salesguy figured that out or something. Still...use your brains, people. Don't make stupid comments like that if you don't know for sure. You might really piss someone off.

:vent:

Once in line I looked at the cover of Women's World and thought it had some interesting articles so I picked it up. My children go shopping with me all the time and I usually don't bother with magazines and so my 11yo ds in polite curiousity asks, "Mom, why are you getting that?" The cashier snidely replies, "You know, sometimes Moms just like to read stuff other than kiddie books. You kids (speaking to BOTH of my children now) need to start reading on your own instead of worrying about what your mom is reading, she can't read to you your whole life." WTF?!? I was pissed, have never met this woman in my life. I told her that my children are both great readers and you have NO business speaking to them like that, I don't know who she thinks she was.

Serene did you go to her manager? She had no business saying that to ANYONE. She obviously does not value her job - therefore, with all the unemployed people in this world, I am sure there is another person who would value the job more.