Goodbye Jesus

General Theological Issues?

Fweethawt

The title of this section of the forum is General Theological Issues.

I put emphasis on that last word because the people whose words

you are about to read, obviously have multitudes of "Issues". :twitch:

See this link:

http://www.tribforces.com/index.php?showtopic=18390

Please read the entire thread before you comment here about it. :twitch:

My question is this...

Seeing the type of preparation these people are doing now in order to get ready for their completely absurd belief that they are going to be raptured, what the heck is going to happen ten, twenty, thirty or so years from now when these nutjobs end up getting tired of waiting, or they finally realize that it's all a sham? :twitch:

Ten, twenty or thirty years, Fwee? How about two-thousand years? Twenty centuries!

Fwee, you've been here long enough to know to NEVER underestimate the power of nutjobs to make excuses for their sorry god.

The good money won't be on whether they'll come up with some excuse, but which tired, lame, overworked, underthought, pathetic, transparent, feeble excuse it will be.

Perhaps we'll get yet more denominational splits over it!

One can only make popcorn and hope.

I guess your right. :mellow:

I suppose I haven't gotten past the anxiety of

having to share the planet with psychopaths. :shrug:

Did you get around to reading the thread I linked to,

or did you just comment based upon what I wrote

above?

Now I want some popcorn.

what happened to jesus telling a group of people that they would live to see the end of the world?

Yep I went off to read the thread.....well most of it. I get the general idea.

THEY ARE FUCKED IN THE HEAD! :HaHa:

ok...now that I've let that out I'll comment. Methinks the guy is wanking off to the idea of leaving behind a message - bit like having a suicide fantasy's. Yep..many people have them - ideolisation of death etc...(there's a correct term for it but I'm lazy right now)......

Anyway...the fact that the person is interested in leaving behind some kind of recorded message and manages to create interest in others.... ...

No, but you can develop a web site...or even leave written material someplace that it will be easily found when that day comes.

suggests to me that they don't really believe it - that the rapture or the end of the world might mean the destruction or whatever it says in the babble....lots of fire and death........so it doesn't make sense to leave a message of any kind ? Get the drift?...stupid!

My guess is that they are a couple of wankers playing around on the internet..chatting away ..making up complete and utter bullshit in order to get attention from other posters. The poor lads and laddesses are full of the 'warrior' syndrome..(full of shit)...and want to save the world...just like their mate JESSUS did.

The prophesy....hell have you heard the crap at a tongue speaking group chant or whatever you want to call that....full on prophesies about the most stupid stuff....those 'predictions' don't come true from one week to the other but they still turn up three times a week to spout off more.

I guess the prophesy business is always going to flourish because it doen't depend on correct results but on ego - the idea that people have power over the future and someone is hanging around to listen and take notice.... :shrug:

Fwee,

For kicks and giggles, take a websearch for "Millerism" and the attending follow ons caused inpast century and a half here in uS.

ALL of the *latter day* shit, ALL of the *end times* crap, ALL of the fear mongering bullllllllllsheeeets that are currently popular have apexed from that time in American history.

Buds, I've been waiting to split up the fools gear since they said they were *checking out*.....

Rapture on spacebots, I want your stuff.. :)

Remember to wear your Nikes and p[lastic helmets good'n tight tho..

kL

I see what you mean, too, Nivek.

All I had to do was the search. I didn't have to click on any of the links to find out what it was that "Millerism" is refering to.

Now I want some popcorn.

Don't you forget that even rodents have to drink...

*hands over mead horn*

;)

what happened to jesus telling a group of people that they would live to see the end of the world?

*unfolds list of babblical re-interpretations and cheap excuses regarding that statement*

*is currently on page 4 of 235*

Now I want some popcorn.

Don't you forget that even rodents have to drink...

*hands over mead horn*

;)

I tell you what, Thurisaz, the more I read about making that stuff, the more I get interested it making a batch myself. :woohoo:

Aaah, it's almost done :fdevil:

Did you get around to reading the thread I linked to,

or did you just comment based upon what I wrote

above?

Actually, no, Fwee, I didn't read the link. (Hangs head in shame) It's just that I've read so much stuff like that in my researches that I've come to be able to know pretty much what's likely to be on the other side of such a link. I know that sounds arrogant, but when I do go check, 98% of the time I find that I was right the first time. It also happens with thread titles like, "No Such Thing as an Ex-Christian," or "I Know You've All Been Hurt By The Church, But..."

You know what I mean. After a certain point, you really don't need to read this stuff to know what to expect. Reach and I amuse ourselves by labeling these things, saying, "Oh, there's Lame Apologetics Excuse #87B."

You want some psychotic Christian reading? Try Googling for Rushdoony and Chilton.

...anyone have any ideas on a bible verse we could twist around just right to show them the futility of reproduction since the end is so imminent? "Castration for Christ" would be a GREAT slogan! What better way to prove their conviction they are in the end times... (you don't neeed no steenking videotapes!)

It would sure save future generations a lot of grief.

I read the link.

Very interesting. This kid/young adult is leaving a video tape for his friends family. Curiousity got the better of me so signed up and asked why? Wasn't trying to troll, just trying to see what the underlying current is about, what's makes these folks tick.

Got one reply pointing to this discusion.

The Fig Tree

I admit I was expecting the usual famine, earthquakes etc. I read the discusion. Seems a bit of reach to me.

You know what I mean. After a certain point, you really don't need to read this stuff to know what to expect.
I seriously think that I'm very close to getting to this point. Any more, when I read this sort of stuff, I do kick into prediction mode and pretty much finish the story in my head before I even get close to the end.

Now all I have to do is get rid of that nagging curiosity/hope that drives me into believing that they'll say something new for a change.

Yeah, I'm almost there.

Curiousity got the better of me so signed up and asked why?
Tread carefully over there. That group of people are the only ones that are completely in touch with God. If you piss them off, they will send war and famine directly to your doorstep with just a simple prayer. :mellow:

Curiousity got the better of me so signed up and asked why?
Tread carefully over there. That group of people are the only ones that are completely in touch with God. If you piss them off, they will send war and famine directly to your doorstep with just a simple prayer. :mellow:

Yeah, I've noticed they are very serious. NO debates unless you already agree with their position. It's rather scary. It's a discussion forum for aimed soley at pumping each other up. I got refered to the "doctrine". Curious no-one but a moderater or authority figure would answer any questions. The whole site gives me the creeps. Not a good first impression. Seemed to be a facade, with big dady in control. No opinions or free thought. You can't even post a new topic in the DMZ unless you've "earned" the right. What's the point of having a DMZ (Lions Den)?

No plague of frogs yet and I don't feel the holy spook acting on me. I must have been too polite. :shrug:

I like Ex-C... Feels like home already.