Goodbye Jesus

Seeing As Thou' The Catholics Are Arguing Against Using Jessus In A Beer Commercial

snookums

Click to see the backlash....http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1864103

Tis partly a joke....but it occured to me to ask who holds the copywrite to the image of Jessus?.....and do you have to be a christian in order to use it ie. to exploit or sell a message, which of course is exactly what happens. Mary is also part of that sales promotion......Immaculate conception - the clayton's brand of sex - the sex you have when you're not having sex!

Is there any such thing as mis-using the images of xianity?

I think it's a stupid marketing strategy that will only divide people on religion and fuel the fire of Christian "persecution." I personally don't see the relevance of Jesus and Mary to beer drinking and smoking. But I got a few laughs from a lot of those entries, and I see no harm in having fun on a message board, but they really shouldn't be used in real ads. It could create chaos. I find it immature and short-sighted to ridicule something many hold so dear in official advertising. In fun, I don't think sacred images are misused, but if it gets official in some way, well, that's a different story.

I personally don't see the relevance of Jesus and Mary to beer drinking and smoking.

Only by heavy drinking and smoking could I ever be persuaded to believe in them again; that's the only relevance I see. Otherwise, who cares?

I'm sure Holah Mutha Church™ can be said to have the copyright. After all, they were the first to spread and effecitvely the product. Just look for the "Made in Rome" sticker.