Goodbye Jesus

The Final Freedoms

Guest goliah

Guest goliah

A new interpretation of the moral teaching of Jesus the Christ demolishes 2000 years of theology. What future for religious tradition?

(PRWEB) February 16, 2006 -- Attracting considerable attention over the past year in discussion forums and momentum from a growing number of web sites is a new manuscript by an unknown author entitled: The Final Freedoms. But this continuing and growing interest may inevitably be leading towards a confrontation of David and Goliath proportions, as religious institutions rarely appreciate anyone subverting their foundations. And at stake are two thousand years of history.

What at first appears an utterly preposterous challenge to the religious status quo rewards those who persevere in closer examination, for it carries within its pages an idea both subtle and sublime, what the combined intellectual histories of religion and science have either ignored or dismissed as impossible. An error of presumption which could now leave tradition staring into the abyss and humble the heights of scientific speculation. For if this material is confirmed, and there appears to be both the means and a concerted effort to authenticate it, the greatest unresolved questions of human existence may finally have been untangled.

Being distributed freely as a pdf download, made up of twenty nine chapters and three hundred and seventy pages is the first wholly new and complete interpretation for two thousand years of the teachings of Jesus the Christ and the Perfect Law. And this new teaching has nothing whatsoever to do with any existing religious conception known to history. It is unique in every respect.

Using a synthesis of several thousand scriptural elements from the Old and New Testaments, the Apocrypha , The Dead Sea Scrolls,The Nag Hammadi Library, and some of the worlds greatest poetry, it describes and teaches a single moral LAW, a single moral principle and offers its own proof; one in which the reality of God responds to an act of perfect faith with a direct, individual intervention into the natural world; making a correction to human nature by a change in natural law, altering consciousness, human ethical perception, and providing new, primary insight and understanding of the human condition.

Also called the Gospel of the Resurrection, this new interpretation reveals the moral foundation of all human thought and conduct and finds expression within a new covenant of human spiritual union, the marriage between one man and one woman. It resolves the most intractable questions and issues of human sexuality and offers possibilities for peace, health and cultural development political process has yet to dream of.

This new teaching is pure ethics. It requires no institutional framework, no churches, no priest craft, no scholastic theological rational, costs nothing and ‘worship’ requires only conviction and the necessary measure of self discipline to accomplish a new moral imperative.

As the first ever religious teaching able to demonstrate its own efficacy, the first ever religious claim to knowledge that meets both the ideal and criteria of the most rigourous, testable scientific method, this teaching represents a reality entirely new to human history.

The beginnings of an intellectual and moral revolution are unfolding on the web. And anyone trying to imagine where solutions to the worlds most difficult conundrums will come from, may comprehend from this material, the catalyst that might very well define the very future of humanity and the earth itself!

Download links: http://www.energon.uklinux.net

http://thefinalfreedoms.bulldoghome.com

Hi Goliah welcome to the site :grin:

before even considering to download this 'solution to all the worlds problems' can i ask where you stand on this? Do you think its true? .. will it do as it says ? It makes some massive claims ..

1 - the single, most important new moral insight ever revealed.

It says new but also says

'Also called the Gospel of the Resurrection, this previously secret and most personal teaching, lost in ancient times and buried under the weight of ensuing false tradition is now openly published for the first and last time.'

So what is it Ancient or new?

2 This new moral insight carries a message able to penetrate the consciousness of every human being on earth: inviting, commanding, correcting, empowering, challenging and warning.

3. This revelation will monkey wrench every established order, status quo, bureaucracy, quango and official inertia; confront every mafia, mob, 'firm', gang, racket and para-military; expose every hypocrisy, fraud, conspiracy, spook and spin; bring down every plutocracy, oligarchy, monopoly, dynasty, cartel, robber baron and carpet bagger; level every system of racism, apartheid, caste, tribe and class; demolish every tyranny.

4. will tame and neuter corporate capitalism and globalization.

But most important..

5. This is the only living and testable proof of the living God ever to exist, the perfect, incontrovertible and immutable proof of the Law of Life, the Prophets and Jesus the Christ.

So start with the last one .

HOW is this new teaching incontrovertibleand testable proof of God?

Nothing but rehashed Gnostic superstition.

goliath...

Hate to say this, nahhhh, I don't..

"Freedom" comes from the end of a gun barrel and the cat behind it willing to use it well. In my world folks canwave all the silly-assed superstitions and books around they care to, but eh winner is the cat who stands at end of fights.

From the "Han Solo School of Theology", "..you can have your hokey Jedi Religion, I'll keep my blaster handy".

As for me and mine, blaster beat bullshit hands and cartridges down, anyday..

kL

A new interpretation of the moral teaching of Jesus the Christ demolishes 2000 years of theology.

The NT pseudepigraphic “gospels” are constructs. There are a few passages in the bible such as "love your neighbor as yourself" that are OK, but many sayings similar to the “teachings” of the “Jesus” “the Christ” (there are plenty around who have claimed this title) character were previously extant in other religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism. The Madonna and Child were depicted in Egypt for millennia before they appeared as human literalizations in the NT fables.

The OT is a collection of myths that has little or no empirical foundation in History or Archeaology. The barbarous OT texts (e.g. Numbers 31, etc.) have absolutely no moral value whatsoever. We have no need of the incongruous babble in the OT pentateuch, "Samuel", "Judges" etc., which can not possibly be a “revealed text” by a deity. IMO, The Song of Solomon is OK, as are some of the Proverbs.

We here have no need for the bible or anything derived from it any more, since we have left Xtianity.

Here’s a simple Philosophy:

40 Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. 57 Love is the Law, Love under will.
This is similar to the Wiccan Rede ‘Do what thou wilt and harm none.’

What future for religious tradition?
Of course, the prelates of big religion have no intentions of giving up their positions of power (or letting their "theology" be demolished) by which they continue to enslave millions via fraud, dupery and murder. In light of the present unholy alliance between demented fundie religionists and corrupt statists, (with the ultimate goal of total domination and control - their desired "future") it would be a good idea to heed Nivek’s advice. One look at the sordid and abyssmal history of the dark ages of the church-state will tell you what could be coming.

Tradition, dogma and "commandments" (religion) are the problem (all that exists as per the fundie). Religion is an external framework. Spirituality is an Internal Process, wherein the individual Attains his or her own Divinity. True Spirituality Transcends religion.

Welcome to the boards.

K

Guest goliah

I'm speaking as one who is also an EX christian, but also active in eco and anti war movements. And know about both human and political limitations. My prejudice against all religious nonsense remains strong, but after downloading and studing this new material for some time now, I can say that it is certainly something new and almost of a humanist in character.

However exchristian, humanist or athiest one is, and to take such a position is in response to what we know to be false, that still won't bring to an end what many of us know to be a load of cods wallop and an divisive force within history and cuture.

This new teaching only confirms what any exchristion already knows, but wisdom would suggest keeping an opening in the mind for what may in fact be true. As this new teaching is about marriage and I am married, my wife and I are now seriously discussing the material.

I have to admit that bringing down the whole of religious history has its subversive attractions. Trying to imagine the face of a pope, or Ian Pasely, or Pat Roberson being forced to confront the fact that they are the greatest cons inhistory is very attractive.

I would recommend to anyone, download and study it. It is clear but does demand careful reading. Printing out the material was much better that trying to scan read on screen.

If this is what it says it is, then any exchristian should be at the front of this and not at the ass end?

Serious stuff for sure!

The author of this paper, Alan Wolfe, is the Director of the Boise Center for Religious and American Public Life whose goal is to "to promote discussion and respect for conflicting positions" between religious groups and not between the non-religous and religious groups, find a way to justify and increase religious instruction in schools, and how to discover the means to circumnavigate the separation of church and state issues.

Guest goliah

I think you [jgj@religiousbullshit] have posted to the wrong thread. The material has nothing to do with Alan Wolfe or the Bosie Centre or any existing conception of 'religion'. In fact anyone who checks out the web links above knows it has nothing but contempt for any existing theological 'bullshit'.

But you inadvertently bring up a more interesting question. Who could have written material that challenges the whole of religious history and every theistic tradition. No small question. And one that effects not only 'christianity' in all its forms, but all theistic tradition as well. For it this proves itself to be true, than the claims of both Judaism and Islam are together with 'christianity' heading for the scrapheap of history.

The times could get very interesting indeed!

I'm much too lazy to go research about this. Anyone claiming to have all the answers doesn't, has been my experience. The "final freedom" for me is that I am the final arbiter. I decide my own ethics, and I decide when it makes sense to ignore them.

Just a rehash of old, tired monotheistic stuff. It's a dying mythology, and certainly not the ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.

And morality does not require mythology at all. This is not the future; it's a detour.

Guest goliah

' The "final freedom" for me is that I am the final arbiter. I decide my own ethics, and I decide when it makes sense to ignore them.'

I agree completely. As individuals we have that capacity. But anyone too 'lazy' to investigate remains in ignorance of something new, and therefore denies themselves that right and freedom to choose. Thus ignorance is a kind of slavery of mind and has nothing free about it.

But as the web sites suggests, this is for those with idealism, willing to make the effort to be informed and to act on that information. They will be the ones to bring this material to confirmation and I intend to be among them. So how anyone responds to these new ideas is also the measure of their humanity and the values which define their existence.

Just a rehash of old, tired monotheistic stuff. It's a dying mythology, and certainly not the ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.

And morality does not require mythology at all. This is not the future; it's a detour.

You have obviously read nothing and know nothing but the posts from this site. If you had done otherwise, you could not in any honesty reply as you have done so.

curious, goliah...

Also called the Gospel of the Resurrection, this new interpretation reveals the moral foundation of all human thought and conduct and finds expression within a new covenant of human spiritual union, the marriage between one man and one woman.

...is this code words for hate the gays?

This guy Golaith (Robert Landbeck) is a serial spammer of multiple boards. He posts the exact same crap each time and plays like he is person just exposed to this "One New ™ Truth".

See... http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22The+Fi...8&fr=moz2&x=wrt

His account it locked for spamming.