Goodbye Jesus

How Dinosaurs Fit With The Bible... Supposedly...

RHEMtron

check out the link for an article on dinosaurs. it's from an apologetic group. like i always say... retarded. tell me whatchall think...

How Do Dinosaurs Fit With the Bible?

here's an excerpt:

When Did Dinosaurs Live?

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs ‘ruled the Earth’ for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago. However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

Other scientists, called creation scientists, have a different idea about when dinosaurs lived. They believe they can solve any of the supposed dinosaur mysteries and show how the evidence fits wonderfully with their ideas about the past, beliefs that come from the Bible.

The Bible, God’s very special book (or collection of books, really), claims that each writer was supernaturally inspired to write exactly what the Creator of all things wanted him to write down for us so that we can know where we (and dinosaurs) came from, why we are here, and what our future will be. The first book in the Bible—Genesis—teaches us many things about how the universe and life came into existence. Genesis tells us that God created everything—the Earth, stars, sun, moon, plants, animals, and the first two people.

Although the Bible does not tell us exactly how long ago it was that God made the world and its creatures, we can make a good estimate of the date of creation by reading through the Bible and noting some interesting passages:

1. God made everything in six days. He did this, by the way, to set a pattern for mankind, which has become our seven day week (as described in Exodus 20:11). God worked for six days and rested for one, as a model for us. Furthermore, Bible scholars will tell you that the Hebrew word for day used in Genesis 1, can only mean an ordinary day in this context.

2. We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day Six. Many facts about when their children and their children’s children were born are given in Genesis. These genealogies are recorded throughout the Old Testament, up until the time of Christ. They certainly were not chronologies lasting millions of years.

As you add up all of the dates, and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth almost 2000 years ago, we come to the conclusion that the creation of the Earth and animals (including the dinosaurs) occurred only thousands of years ago (perhaps only 6000!), not millions of years. Thus, if the Bible is right (and it is!), dinosaurs must have lived within the past thousands of years.

That is some of the most moronic trash I've ever read. I've read things like that before, and how in the hell is that supposed to be a scientific or otherwise rational argument? All that bonehead does is say "Well, the Babble says this... so therefore, things must really have happened like this..." without offering a shred of scientific or otherwise rational piece of evidence in support of it. Like all those faith-blind Xians, he assumes his holy book is right and proceeds from that premise, rather than study data relevant to the subject matter and shape his world view around the facts.

This is why Xianity is losing more footing every day. When you look at the claims of Jesus'™ Fan Club, and do so honestly, the absurdity of such becomes readily apparent. And they wonder why their churches are being emptied bit by bit each year...

hahaha exactly.... and this was the stupidest quote of them all.

They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

labels attached? i guess they never heard of isoptopic dating. well, maybe they have but they probably believe it's a fancy name made up by not paleontologists, but by evolutionists as they say, to make people believe that the dinosaurs are millions of years old....

try to fit the story? hmmmmmm that tactic sounds familiar dont you think? i wonder what other group does that...?

labels attached? i guess they never heard of isoptopic dating. well, maybe they have but they probably believe it's a fancy name made up by not paleontologists, but by evolutionists as they say, to make people believe that the dinosaurs are millions of years old....

We don't believe in that new fangled Carboon dating or Plutonee-ohm dating. That's just the science's man's trap to fool us honest Christiuns into going away from Gawd!

check out the link for an article on dinosaurs. it's from an apologetic group. like i always say... retarded. tell me whatchall think...

How Do Dinosaurs Fit With the Bible?

<snip> to remove rubish...

You are correct. It is rubish.

I'm stumped as to why people spew this out. I just can't understand. :repuke:

Accuracy of Fossils and Dating Methods

Why do they think scientists have an adgenda? If the evidence proved Christianity, they would say it proved it. Real scientists look at the evidence than form a conclusion. Creation scientist have a conclusion and fit the evidence around it, they are the ones with an adgenda.

Taph

That is some of the most moronic trash I've ever read. I've read things like that before, and how in the hell is that supposed to be a scientific or otherwise rational argument? All that bonehead does is say "Well, the Babble says this... so therefore, things must really have happened like this..." without offering a shred of scientific or otherwise rational piece of evidence in support of it. Like all those faith-blind Xians, he assumes his holy book is right and proceeds from that premise, rather than study data relevant to the subject matter and shape his world view around the facts.

This is why Xianity is losing more footing every day. When you look at the claims of Jesus'™ Fan Club, and do so honestly, the absurdity of such becomes readily apparent. And they wonder why their churches are being emptied bit by bit each year...

The whole religion is their own worst enemy. The more whack-a-dos that come out of the woodwork, the better. Why? Because the more people see how truly idiotic these whacks are, they won't want any part of it. How many people are members of this site? And how many of those people are actual ex-Xians. I am sure Nivek or someone can tell us. I would lay you ten to one for every apologist et al there is probably 20 x-xians. I heard a long time ago that Xianity was starting to wane -- and I heard just the other day the Catholic church is having a devil (excuse the pun) of a time getting people to be priests and gain new recruits. Conventional Christianity is dying. It's a slow painful death. They don't deserve anything less.

It's all very true... during my Catholic years, I noticed how the pews were less and less occupied, and all I ever heard was the Church™ pondering on how to win new recruits to the priesthood. It is an ever-present crisis that is only going to get bigger; as the people see the fallacy of arguments like the above one for the young age of the earth and dinosaurs, they will see just how much of the religion that is alledgely sooo accurate and sooo important for their souls is just pulled out of someone's ass - just made-up crap.

Hacks like the one who wrote that article only end up displaying their own stupidity and in a way, helping their own religious downfall.

However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

Ummm... not to point out the obvious but I would like this reasoning to be applied if I ever kill someone. As long as no one see's me do it then there is no proof because there is no way to tell when the person died. Right?

-Jake

No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view.

funny. if we replace the word dinosaur with jesus, and scientists/evolutionists with the word christian....

A true Scientist trys to find the truth...whether its pleasant or not (and it usually isn't). These moronic Creation scientist are so biased they wont accept anything that cannot fit into their Christian worldview.

And i mean, comon, If man and dinosaurs lived in the same time period, we'd be extinct. Humans are physically pathetic compared to the animal kingdom. You really think a caveman with a spear stands a chance agains friggin T-Rex?

Unless of course, the caveman gots Jebus on his side...

I wouldn't worry about T-Rex so much as Utahraptors. Big enough to kill a human, small enough to take easy notice of one.

This is one of the things that made me leave the faith.

There is no way humanity would have been able to survive unless we evolved into ogres or something...

The Dinos would have wiped us out...

That article was about as believeable as Daniel being in a den of lions and not being eaten. I don't care how much you pray hungry lions don't yield to the bible or prayer.

Guest Tiffany

Utah raptors

I think dying a horribly painful death would be worth it just to pet one ....

:happy_old: Here kitty kitty .... :o AHHHHHHH!!!!!

My ex-girlfriend and I argued over this for hours... I kept mentioning carbon dating, rock layers, ice layers, but she thinks scientists are making it all up to help Satan destroy the world.

These Fu%king people are impossible.

Let's say that carbon dating and the other dating methods (no, I'm not talking about match.com!) are wrong in some sense. What is it that could be wrong in them? Science know extremely well how the radioactive materials break down and rate of decay is very well established. It can't really be denied. So the only argument would be how much of the isotopes living organisms had at the time they died. If they had a lot less, then they would appear older than they are. (But how can living creatures have had less carbon isotopes than we have today? What kind of physics would involve that change so we would have higher radioactive isotopes today than 6000 years ago?)

But consider then that all organisms and living creatures at the same time would have the same amounts, and many generations after would also have the same amounts of carbon isotopes.

If we would adjust the age of the dinosaurs to only 6000 years, it would directly move the time line for the first humanoids too, and we would end up with the first humans walking earth 100-150 years ago. Basically, if dinos were alive only 6000 years ago, then the earliest cro-magnon et al would have walked earth when my grand parents lived! That's the result of a well established and provable formula for the decay of the isotopes, and not a guess! The relational difference and distance between the dinosaurs and the first humanoids are so great, that if we place the first human 6000 years ago, the dinosaurs still end up 2-300,000 years ago. You can't win when it comes to radioactive decay, it is what it is. Move the position of one instance and the whole curve will shift too.

So the only way to move the dinosaurs to 6000 years ago, and still keep the humans at the same time, we have to redevelop new decay formulas that don't agree with nature, physics or observations.

This just shows how absurd it is when people don't use logic to reason out the effects of their preposterous ideas.